Azteca x Jay

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
230 replies to this topic

#181 nickrichard

nickrichard

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Boone, poker, Detroit Red Wing hockey and my great wife Denise. Not necessarily in that order, LOL

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:49 PM

Boone was 'Dog of the Month'!! We are very proud of him. He is very affectionate and loves his lap time with daddy. Boone and I try to snuggle up every day with our special command, 'Say Hello'.. He gets bigger every day. He is almost 40 lbs at 6.5 months old.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20141108_004749.jpg
  • 20141108_004802.jpg
  • 20150115_073730.jpg
  • 20150212_080225.jpg
  • 20150311_075846.jpg
  • Screenshot_2014-12-13-20-31-50.png
  • Screenshot_2014-12-13-20-32-33.png
  • Screenshot_2015-02-03-19-58-26.png
  • Screenshot_2015-04-01-20-26-37.png

Boone's daddy and pack leader!

#182 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2226 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:33 AM

They have a way of spooning into you. They don't really understand why we shrink. At some point both of mine have given me a look as if I've done something to make my lap smaller less comfortable...

#183 mommom

mommom

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:AI Dogs, animal companions, making jewelry & cosmetics, iPad games! :)

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:43 AM

Kito likes this one particular pair of the momma shoes.  They're leather.  But he doesn't chew them, he just sticks his nose in them, and I assume, inhales...deeply LOL.  He has never once chewed them, but socks?  Oh my goodness.  He makes me feel like a rock star...you know, like the basketball players who say they never wear something twice?  They just buy everything new, wear it once, then throw it away and buy new again?  That's how I have to do socks, because by the time I wear them, he chews them beyond wearability and I'm forced to buy more.  :D

“The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”   ― Charles de Gaulle

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”   ― Mark Twain

#184 mommom

mommom

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:AI Dogs, animal companions, making jewelry & cosmetics, iPad games! :)

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:44 AM

Boone was 'Dog of the Month'!! We are very proud of him. He is very affectionate and loves his lap time with daddy. Boone and I try to snuggle up every day with our special command, 'Say Hello'.. He gets bigger every day. He is almost 40 lbs at 6.5 months old.

LOL I told ya! :)  Now you're gonna have a lap full of big dog for ever after like me. :D  So SWEET!!

Edited by mommom, 02 April 2015 - 06:45 AM.

“The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”   ― Charles de Gaulle

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”   ― Mark Twain

#185 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1615 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:26 AM

Hey Boone's sister Tayamni is 33.9 lbs at 6.5 months!

It seems at about 4 months he was about 6 lbs heavier than her?????

So since the early puppy growth spurt the difference has leveled off (for now)  :)

Do you notice the growth?  (Aside from lap sitting?)

People tell me Tayamni is getting bigger but I don't notice the size - I notice changes in her face and ears and color shading more.

Tayamni likes my sister's shoes, my sneakers - so far she hasn't chewed them up - but she does gnaw on my sister's flip flops.  We try not to leave them around.

Of course the laundry, socks and underwear!

Thought it was because of people smell but she will grab something of mine from the drying rack once in a while.  So FAR she hasn't chewed any of it up, (knock on wood!)

She has not ripped up a toy - even a squeaky one! She has squeaked them so much that she has disabled the squeaky.

Hearing squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak (for 4 - 5 minutes at a time is much better than barking!!!!!)  She does this when she's happy and wants to make some noise, when Roger is around.  He is not now - up with sis to visit Mom - so she gives soft whines and howls now.  I'm fine with that!!  :lol:

What she does do is RIP apart is her bedding, then she removes the stuffing a bit at a time.  She doesn't eat the stuffing but LOVES to redecorate with it!  She has done this with 3 beds!!!!!!

Now, I am just collecting the stuffing and some day will either stuff a different bed - or put it back in.

Maybe the beds were too soft for her?????????  :o

#186 drichard

drichard

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:49 PM

Boone is maturing and growing every day.  He is much calmer and less excitable than in the past.  Still goofy and loves to have fun but just more manageable now.  We've slowly given him a lot more freedom.  He has access to most of the house on a regular basis.  He now sleeps out of the crate.  We close the bedroom door and the door to the master bath so he is only able to roam the bedroom.  He always tries to get into bed with us but we keep working on letting him know that he doesn't belong there unless invited.  In the mornings we let him get on the bed to say good morning to Nick.  Otherwise, the bed is off limits.  We leave the crate door open and most night he will end up choosing to sleep in there at some point through out the night.  He also has a bed in our room that he likes to sleep in.

Denise E. Boone also loves to tear apart his beds.  He did have favorite rugs that he used but decided they also made excellent chew toys.  He shredded the foam backing on them.  We finally bought a medium U Design bed from Dog.Com because the reviews were good.  Owners were saying it's the only bed their dog didn't destroy.  At first Boone tried to grab the pillow & cover out of the bed and tear it up.  With consistent correction he now leaves it in there MOST of the time.  He really likes the bed so we bought another one so there is one for kitchen and for the bedroom.     http://www.dog.com/S...udesign pet bed

He didn't like squeaky toys when he was a little puppy but he loves them now.  I can totally relate to the endless squeaking!  He doesn't destroy any of his toys but he does love to try to sneak them outside.  I find them hiding under bushes and all over the yard.  He has outdoor toys but it's more fun to drag the indoor toys outside I guess.  He has just started burying things.  He's always loved bully sticks.  We have a great source of USA made.  Now he will whine and cry and try to convince us to open the back door.  As soon as we do, he grabs the bully stick and runs for the yard.  Then he digs and digs and digs....If we refuse to open the back door he will attempt to "bury" it under the couch. 

He really discovered barking this past week at the boarding facility.  He has never been a barker.  Now he barks when Nick leaves, barks when I run the vaccum, barks when he hears a noise, barks for the heck of it  :rolleyes:   

He is getting bigger all the time.  His coat is also darkening.  Can't believe how quickly the go from little balls of fur to looking like a grown up dog!  Here's a couple pictures from yesterday

Attached Thumbnails

• 11025631_10206443150702743_879463896512645634_n.jpg
  • 11095330_10206443150102728_1149481208693732466_n.jpg

#187 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1615 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:34 AM

doc,

I can't get over how much their coloring has changed and the size difference (although I know it's the male vs. female thing).

Boone is VERY handsome!!!!!!!!:wub:

Glad to hear he has gotten to that next level - 'cept for the barking, of course.

Does he love to hear his bark echo???

Tayamni is getting better - less ear piercing barking.  (The pennies in the bottle trick that Greg mentioned worked great!)

She has many whines and some howls now - and barks at other dogs at the dog park.

I still am amazed at how much the same these two are in their actions!!!!!

Would love to see them together someday.  I wonder if they will remember each other?  B)

#188 drichard

drichard

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:33 AM

Boone had discovered that deeper bark after the day spent at the vet.  So glad because that high one was painful to hear, glad he rarely used it!    I'm not sure he has connected to the echo yet.  He has backed off the barking yesterday and today.  One thing I've noticed is that he is no longer reacting to every barking dog on our walks.  All the homes in our community have 6-8 ft wood fences.  You rarely see the dogs but can hear them barking from the sidewalks. In the past, he'd become highly excited and it was hard to calm him down.  Now he might glance their direction but mostly doesn't pay any attention to it.  His week of boarding and hearing dogs constantly barking seems to have desensitized him.  :) When we go for walks he doesn't understand why everyone won't play with him.  Today a lady came out to pet him and he was so happy.  I was thrilled that he didn't jump all over the place.  In the past that has been a problem.  He'd be so excited he couldn't contain himself.  Today he just nuzzled into her and let her pet him.  He did the same thing yesterday when I took him over to sit on a neighbor's porch.  Finally, I feel like we're making progress!!

#189 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7701 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:02 AM

That is a good feeling.  I know what you mean. Sounds like your hard work is paying off. 

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#190 mommom

mommom

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:22 AM

He's getting those dark yet somehow brilliant triangles on the shoulders just like Kito. :)  What beautiful boys we have!  Are you noticing him getting softer?

#191 drichard

drichard

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:39 AM

Yes!!  Hey we are going to be having an extended sleepover with Tayamni in June. Would be great to get them all together for some pack play while she is here.  Also want to get the boys back together real soon to play.  Let us know when you, Tim and the boys can come over.

#192 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:20 AM

Yes!!  Hey we are going to be having an extended sleepover with Tayamni in June. Would be great to get them all together for some pack play while she is here.  Also want to get the boys back together real soon to play.  Let us know when you, Tim and the boys can come over.

Mini - Gathering at docs!!!!!!!   :lol:

#193 drichard

drichard

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:29 PM

Happy Hour started early at our house yesterday  :wacko:

It was a cool rainy day here in Northern Texas and Boone wasn't happy about it.  We usually prop the kitchen door open for him this time of year so that he can go in & out as he pleases.  When we finally had a break in the rain I took him for a long walk, then a trip to the pet supply store.  I thought he'd take a nap when we got home but he had other ideas!

Attached Thumbnails

• 11156417_10153295289821457_5481022587552775229_n.jpg
  • 11146182_10153295290201457_2434879446085150396_n.jpg
  • 10448804_10153295290431457_4975252608319940174_n.jpg
  • 11156213_10153295290861457_7813491530673867647_n.jpg
  • 11130168_10153295290491457_1905867549833787985_n.jpg
  • 11146298_10153295291056457_543640137489443295_n.jpg
  • 10931137_10153295392236457_1487000445787090470_n.jpg

#194 drichard

drichard

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:51 PM

Happy Hour started early at our house yesterday  :wacko:

It was a cool rainy day here in Northern Texas and Boone wasn't happy about it.  We usually prop the kitchen door open for him this time of year so that he can go in & out as he pleases.  When we finally had a break in the rain I took him for a long walk, then a trip to the pet supply store.  I thought he'd take a nap when we got home but he had other ideas!

The cute little narrative that I typed in didn't show up but I'm sure you get the idea.  He tracked mud all over the house looking for me, wanted to jump on the bed full of clean laundry when he found me, managed to corral him in the kitchen and got a bucket of soapy water to wash those paws.  Forgot that Boone loves to dump water and watch it run everywhere.  Soapy water everywhere and I'm cleaning the house for the next 45 minutes.  And where do I find him?  Taking a nap on the couch...the one he isn't allowed on!  

#195 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:25 AM

I can't ge the pic to enlarge. I tried on two different computers. :(

#196 drichard

drichard

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:34 PM

I don't know what the heck the problem is.  Sometimes when I try to post it says I don't have the privileges to be allowed to do it.  Once my comments were attributed to an admin...who knows!

#197 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7701 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:27 AM

Your pictures are too large. You can email them to me, and I will size them for you. Just click on my name to exchange emails.
One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#198 drichard

drichard

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:02 PM

Allison I don't understand why they show up for me.  When I look at this thred the pictures are there and look perfect.  Why can I see them?  Very frustrating.

#199 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:41 AM

When I use Internet Explorer, my pictures will only show up as attachments below the post, not in the paragraphs.

So I tried it in Google Chrome Browser and it works.

Also, the same thing with links.  IE does not insert links but I can do it through the Chrome Browser.

I bet Mozilla would probably work to, but I don't have that loaded.  (Two browsers is plenty for me).

I learned this trick because of our bank site we use at work.  It only works with IE 8 through 10.

I was updated accidentally by our management company to IE 11.

When I was troubleshooting with the Bank, we found that I was able to use bank site no problem in a different browser (so now, at work and home - I always keep a second browser loaded on my computer).

I don't know why I'm still so attached to Internet Explorer .....   habit

I just work with it - open Chrome when I want to load pictures with captions or insert a link.

Internet Explorer USED to work for me on this forum the way Chrome does - it could have been a Browser update and not anything to do with this site or my permissions here.

OR .....   maybe it just happens to people named Denise  - LOL!

#200 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7701 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:46 AM

OR .....   maybe it just happens to people named Denise  - LOL!

I think you've hit on it.  :lol:

--David Dunning

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Azteca x Jay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users