• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Bodhisattva

Bodhisattva

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Jiu Jitsu, Husband, Dad, Detective, Buddhist, Batman.

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:32 AM

She was dark brindle in color, large in size with dark eyes. She was perfect.

- His Holiness The XIV Dalai Lama -

#2 Chinatola

Chinatola

Liliko'i & Kekona's Padre

• 1173 posts
  • Interests:Multiple business owner, father of two grown children, guitarist, amateur astronomer & husband of 30 years to my wonderful Julie Ann. Oh yeah...absolutely nuts about dogs!!

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

Easy there Hoss...all in due time!  (love the excitement phase though, I gotta say)

Chinatola

Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

--- Daniel Burnham

#3 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3426 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

Large in size?  hmmmmmm.....I would put AIdogs somewhere in the medium size category.   ;)    What was the personality like?

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#4 Bodhisattva

Bodhisattva

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:02 AM

Chinatola- Ive got nothing but patience and time. Actually Not having to walk him/her in sub zero weather has been a blessing! Weve been on the list since the summer, whats a couple more months? Miz- She was playing with my daughter who is 18 months old, and was beyond sweet. It was a perfect fit, brindle in color and really dark. Yea for some reason she was larger in size, and I know AI are smaller. But the dream was really vivid.

#5 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2345 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:26 AM

Dreams and visions are interesting business, aren't they? Sometimes they are the continuation of the ruts we lay as repeated thoughts during the day, what is foremost on our minds. Sometimes we are downloading something beyond our ordinary mind. Sometimes they are clear "movies" of the future and other times embroidered in crazy symbolic language. The night I gave Wakinyan Dorje his name I fell into a dream that was very elaborate including an owl holding hands (or wings) with a sickly red hawk wearing a silver leg band. There was a lot more to it but I knew someone close was going to get a life threatening illness and I suspected it would be Waki because the dream following his naming. He manifested the first symptoms of Parvo in the morning.

You should cultivate attention to dreams, gut feelings and so on. Your imagery speaks to me of good qualities of your future dog's personality. You may be tuning into the consciousness of your born or yet to be conceived family member. Loving, gentle, protection (the large size is not necessarily literal), also the dark brindle perhaps (sounds a bit tigery) and dogs are known to be symbolic of protection and loyalty. The dark eye or eye quality is important but go with what you felt and not so much literally what you saw. I'm sure there's something you got off of that. I think you will find a good match. I am happy for you. We have close Karma with these ones that come into our lives and so why wouldn't you feel that?

#6 Bodhisattva

Bodhisattva

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

Ive had interesting experiences with dreams in my life. Sometimes scary of sorts. What interests me on this one, is I know my AI dog is coming eventually and life has done a good job of keeping us busy in the mean time until its our time to get one. I havent been dwelling on it, and have gotten used to the wait thus far. So this dream was quite unexpected, but its the second one I have had, and the dog has been the same both times. Especially the spirit, and all around being of them. The same dog has repeated itself. I am quite curious for what the future holds to see what the similiarites are between them. I am a firm believer of karma and being connected to ones environment and spirit. We are all products of the our ancestors and generations and it can come back in both positive and negative ways. But this dog, specifically as you all I am sure feel the same way has links. Why would all of us choose the AI? Why did we all come this route, and what drove us here. Why not just go to the pound and get a dog? We came here for a reason, we as "owners" were drawn here, to this breed specifically. Its like they chose us. This is obviously a spiritual breed as much as it is anything. This has been quite the interesting journey thus far.

#7 judyk

judyk

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderator
  • 837 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:28 AM

One of ours is over 65 lbs and very tall, one is very short and one is in the middle. So they are all over the map. We've had eight and they are all different in color, personality, height and weight! Your day will come ... all in due time!!!
[font=Comic Sans Ms]

Judy in Michigan

#8 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3426 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:08 AM

Ive had interesting experiences with dreams in my life. Sometimes scary of sorts. What interests me on this one, is I know my AI dog is coming eventually and life has done a good job of keeping us busy in the mean time until its our time to get one. I havent been dwelling on it, and have gotten used to the wait thus far. So this dream was quite unexpected, but its the second one I have had, and the dog has been the same both times. Especially the spirit, and all around being of them. The same dog has repeated itself. I am quite curious for what the future holds to see what the similiarites are between them. I am a firm believer of karma and being connected to ones environment and spirit. We are all products of the our ancestors and generations and it can come back in both positive and negative ways. But this dog, specifically as you all I am sure feel the same way has links. Why would all of us choose the AI? Why did we all come this route, and what drove us here. Why not just go to the pound and get a dog? We came here for a reason, we as "owners" were drawn here, to this breed specifically. Its like they chose us. This is obviously a spiritual breed as much as it is anything. This has been quite the interesting journey thus far.

Beautifully said.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#9 Chinatola

Chinatola

Liliko'i & Kekona's Padre

• 1173 posts
  • Interests:Multiple business owner, father of two grown children, guitarist, amateur astronomer & husband of 30 years to my wonderful Julie Ann. Oh yeah...absolutely nuts about dogs!!

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:26 AM

I've got to agree with the above.  It's really an unbelievable community of people here connected by and amazing breed of dogs.  Kismet.

Chinatola

Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

--- Daniel Burnham

#10 wreordan

wreordan

• IIDOBA Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

I had dreams of a golden dog with pointy ears and golden eyes just a couple of months before I called Kim to tell him I was ready to commit to an AIDog. I had been looking for a dog for a year+ after my old friend died two years earlier.  I hadn't allowed myself to consider an AIDog even though I'd always wanted one since I bought a horse from Kim years ago.  After I finally realized I should allow myself my hearts desire, and had called Kim, Kim told me to come out the next day for he had just received a puppy back from some good folks who couldn't keep it.  When I got there the dog that had come to me in my dreams was standing there.  I knew him, and he knew me.  I wasn't ready to take him home, I'd made no preparations, I'd thought I'd have to wait 2 or 3 years.  But Kim knew he was right for me, and told me to take him and if for any reason it didn't work out bring him back. Of course we fell in love and that was that. The Universe has a much bigger perspective. Often we get these dream messages ahead of the actual time of happenings.  It is our job to open our hearts to the "dream" and keep it fresh in our minds so we can act correctly when the timing is correct.  Tenshi's spirit and mine came together before we ever met.  Kim's strong spirit facilitates the connections and manifests them in this physical part of the world.  We need to stay focused in our hearts as Kim does not so much in our minds or we may miss the moment.

#11 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7844 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:25 AM

I also had an early dream visit from one of our dogs.  I really hoped to find that very one in the dream, but that did not happen.  Again, I was looking for the same COLOR, when I should have been looking for the same personality. Heck, if I put a different color fur on either of these, I could not tell the difference.  No disappointment, however.  Maybe there are simply  "dream dogs".  Or perhaps, one day I will find him.  In the mean time, these two are so very much my dream dogs!  

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#12 Deborah Merchant

Deborah Merchant

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:human nature and consciousness in its real version, which is as an essential aspect of the greater whole of which we are all a part; living connected to life, existing as whole, gardening, knitting, sewing, crafts, community, my family, and more

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

I also had an early dream visit from one of our dogs.  I really hoped to find that very one in the dream, but that did not happen.  Again, I was looking for the same COLOR, when I should have been looking for the same personality. Heck, if I put a different color fur on either of these, I could not tell the difference.  No disappointment, however.  Maybe there are simply  "dream dogs".  Or perhaps, one day I will find him.  In the mean time, these two are so very much my dream dogs!  

I had a dream of the coming of one of my dogs, Rowan. I dreamed of a silver and black dog coming to me 'out of left field' which were the words of the dream but the visual was of a dog running with pure joy coming to me from my right. A silver and black dog. Then over a year later I came across him by accident, and knew this amazing Norwegian elkhound/Australian shepherd mix instantly, by his nature and by his color. But essentially, I think you and others are accurate in that the colors of the dog(s) in the various dream reports may be symbolic, or may be reflections of various personality traits or some important connection to the dreamers' lives. Knowing the essence of the dog is the first place to explore and orient to in my opinion

#13 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1703 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

One of ours is over 65 lbs and very tall, one is very short and one is in the middle. So they are all over the map. We've had eight and they are all different in color, personality, height and weight! Your day will come ... all in due time!!!

WOW!

#14 Gib

Gib

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, snorkeling, grandchildren, dogs, community, computers and ....

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:42 AM

One of Draco's nicknames is Gigantor.... 65+ pounds...

For Now,

Gib Curry

ф

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

#15 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2345 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

What would your dog see if he/she was dreaming of you?

I dreamed of a person last night.

He was really big and could carry me with one hand and I felt like I was flying. He was blue like the sky and sometimes smelled like grilled meat. There were great roaring noises in my dream but I wasn't scared.

Wow that was weird. I wonder what it means...

nappytime.jpg

#16 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1703 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:26 AM

I had a dream that had prompted me to contact Kim and I ended up with an interview and getting on the waiting list.

I have felt the animals spirit come to me in ceremony last March 15, and I heard it's name over and over in the ceremony - very blessed and humbled by that experience!

I know someday I will be a companion to two AI Dogs so I don't know which dog this spirit belongs to.  My understanding is that Creator's time is different than people time so I don't know if I was meeting the puppy I'm waiting for the second one, expected some years from now.

I have had a few dreams of adult dogs in 2014.  This morning I had a dream for the second time with the same dog.

I never called her and AI Dog, but when some one asked if she was a German Shepard I smiled and said NO, I'm not sure what she is.

In this dream I was trout fishing up north with my Mom, sister and it was at a cabin my Great Aunt Carlotta owned (in the dream, not in life).  We woke up in the morning and I was (a teenager/or 20 something) looking out windows of the two story cabin and one window was a beautiful view of the sunrise and grassland, with a housing development in the distance (no noise from it could be heard hear - that was magical - could see the people (like ants) getting into cars, picking up newspapers - going to work etc.

The other window I looked out saw the cabin close to a sandy bank and a pond.  There were other cabins around the pond and some woods and areas of cat tails.

My great aunt decided we were going trout fishing and we had two poles and my family was all on the sandy beach and my dog came out and was capturing some things in the water without chasing the trout away and she knew what to put in her mouth and what to stay away from.

I had never seem her in the water before and she was a natural and she also knew how not to get tangled in the fishing lines.  It was mesmerizing and amazing.  The dog was in her natural state, I could feel this in the dream, how "at home" she felt.

The dog was white with two black patches.  About half of her head was black yet she had golden brown eyes and her rump and tail were black or mostly black.

This is the second time I have seen this dog in my dreams.  I've never seen on this site a coloring like that so I am looking at is as meaning in my life.

At any rate, many seeing these dogs in our dreams  -

helps us through the "WAITING" process - LOL! :rolleyes: 

#17 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1703 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:38 AM

Sorry for the typos - missed a few ....

at the end I mean maybe many of us dreaming of these animals helps us in the "WAITING" period. :rolleyes:

HMMMM, waiting period - could it be like a pregnancy/gestation period - with each of us having a different length/ready time?  dogs 58-63 days, cows same as humans (40 weeks), horses about 11 months, elephants almost 2 years?    I wonder ... 

#18 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2352 posts
  • Interests:camping, crafts, computers, dogs and training, gardening, nature, & being outdoors

There is a difference between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

AIDog 'gestation' 1 day to 65 weeks... lol some variance there...
"There is no such thing as a hyper dog. There are only exercise dependent dogs."

"Where I go, Dog follows. Where I stop, Dog settles. When I am lost, Dog finds me. When I am joyful, Dog joins me. Who I am, Dog knows. What I need, Dog becomes. Dog is great. Dog is good. Dog is everything. I am Dog codependent."

#19 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1703 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:53 AM

Morning campers!

Got my dream on again last night.  Actually this has happened a few times in the last couple months.

I have an official or spiritual name that has come to me for my AI Dog, but in these dreams I identify the adult AI Dog by a common name.

The dream is always about something else, I'm getting ready to go some where:  packing, gathering essentials to car, etc.

Then just before I wake up an AI Dog, (that is mine or I am familiar with; yet in each dream the dog has different physical characteristics), walks or trots by and I say "Beaver".

The first dream I called to it to come, to me then others it casually goes by me (not far).  I just woke up from one where someone who was helping my Uncle (who has crossed over but was with our group) asked of the Dog "Who's that? as it trotted fluidly by .....  I was packing a car to move locations   ... and I said "Beaver".

I didn't remember in the rest of the dream I had a dog until almost ready to go and the dog showed up to go with me - like it was ready!  In the dreams it always shows up when I need it to.  :)

Beaver is not one of the nicknames I have floating around in my head ...  errr, should I say WASN'T one of them = LOL!

The attributes of the animal (Beaver) do embody the needs on my application!  B)

Mitakuye Oyasin

#20 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7844 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:02 AM

A place to start:

http://en.wikipedia....Mitakuye_Oyasin
One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users