Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Kooskie Catches Her Third Squirrel

So Kooskie Caught her third squirrel, last weekend. She was so happy. She trotted around with the squirrel in her mouth. The squirrel was not as happy, and although she did not hurt it as far as we can tell, it appeared to have opened its bowels all down Kooskie's ruff.

She was extremely pleased with herself.

We had guests, and had just finished breakfast, when she came running in wafting her new found musk.

I had to catch her before she got it on everything, said a hurried goodbye to my guests, and took her in for her first shower. She was no longer quite as pleased, but as these things go, she survived without much psychological scarring.

• Like 3

Good to hear from Kooskie Land! Yes, they're quite the hunters and huntresses, these dogs! Baby bunnies, we've had. There are squirrels and chipmunks in our yard, but with trees, fences, and various pieces of construction equipment to hide in and under, Kaposia has yet to catch a squirrel or chipmunk. So proud of Kooskie! (But judging from your description of the successful hunt, we have a lot to be thankful for that Kaposia has failed at squirrel/chipmunk acquisitions.)

• Like 1

At least she didn't eat it or hurt it. No worming for now.

My parent's dog once killed a possum. She was protecting my mother who had gone outside to pull Molly in for fear of her catching rabies (hadn't had her shots yet). The possum looked at my mother, Molly zoomed in and snapped it's neck, then took off with its dead body prancing around the pool for 30 minutes. You could just see the "Look Mom, I did so good, I protected you!" :lol:

Glad to hear all is well in Kooskie land

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Willow caught her first squirrel when she was about a year old. She let it go immediately once she realized it was going to fight back :lol::lol:

• Like 2