• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 woodrat

woodrat

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:The dogs, photography, drawing, taxidermy, needle felting, hiking, dog behavior.

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:05 AM

I know I have not been active on the forum for a while (though I do read it every day!), but I wanted to take some time today to wish a very happy birthday to Tamarack, Willow, and all of the other Raven x Newkim pups out there. They turn three today.

Tamarack is, as always, amazing. Perfect.

37.jpg 1.jpg

#2 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2344 posts
  • Interests:camping, crafts, computers, dogs and training, gardening, nature, & being outdoors

There is a difference between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:42 AM

Happy birthday to some gorgeous dogs!
"There is no such thing as a hyper dog. There are only exercise dependent dogs."

"Where I go, Dog follows. Where I stop, Dog settles. When I am lost, Dog finds me. When I am joyful, Dog joins me. Who I am, Dog knows. What I need, Dog becomes. Dog is great. Dog is good. Dog is everything. I am Dog codependent."

#3 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2306 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:54 AM

WOW! I am glad you posted this all grown up photo. He is magnificent! Chien Magnifique! I hope you will regale us with some stories and adventures (plus a few more pictures).

Plus I hope Allison puts that picture on Dog of the Month. Woa! The rock, the Lion King stance. The old soul eyes. just wow.

Edited by Sherab, 23 June 2014 - 06:55 AM.

#4 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1671 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:15 PM

Happy Birthday!

Would love to see the other pups from this litter (Raven x New Kim).  WOW!

He was really OWNING that rock!  Would love to see either pic as the June pic of the month.

I bet he's a very well balanced dog. ^_^

#5 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3372 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:46 PM

WOW! I am glad you posted this all grown up photo. He is magnificent! Chien Magnifique! I hope you will regale us with some stories and adventures (plus a few more pictures).

Plus I hope Allison puts that picture on Dog of the Month. Woa! The rock, the Lion King stance. The old soul eyes. just wow.

Sherab, you took the words right out of my mouth....just a big wow!  beautiful shots.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#6 woodrat

woodrat

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:The dogs, photography, drawing, taxidermy, needle felting, hiking, dog behavior.

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:14 AM

Here we are a year later... how time flies...4 years old today.

I wanted to take him out for a fun outing today but we might have to do a rain check to tomorrow. Maybe just a trip to a pet store to pick out a new toy is in order!

6.jpg

#7 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1671 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:24 AM

He is still amazing and majestic looking! Happy Birthday to all!

#8 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 788 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:41 AM

Happy Birthday! Fabulous picture.

#9 woodrat

woodrat

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:52 AM

Thank you! I meant to add a few more but I can't seem to be able to edit my post. I'll just stick em here. He is an outlandishly photographic animal.

7.jpg 8.jpg

9.jpg 11.jpg

10.3.jpg

#10 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 788 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:12 AM

What can I say but, WOW!!!!

#11 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7786 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:31 AM

Is that you sitting with him, in the last pic?

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#12 woodrat

woodrat

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:42 AM

Thanks Greg!

And yes, Allison, that's me.. that one's from a hike we did earlier in the season. I don't have too many pics of the two of us, but I do like that one.

#13 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7786 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:45 AM

Nice matching packs.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#14 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2306 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:57 AM

Not sure which is my favorite. Hard to pick with a dog that walks out of a dream. Maybe the granite couch?

#15 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7786 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:14 AM

No question for me, it's the wild-just-out-of-the-water shot.  The light coming through his flanks matching his eyes...it's a fantastic shot!  One of those moments we all see with our dogs, but rarely, very rarely catch.  

You caught it.

--David Dunning

#16 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:My AIDog Chhaya...herbs, gardening, the outdoors.

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:55 AM

Thank you for sharing Woodrat....love seeing him...he amazing!!! Chhaya doesn't like the camera....he has the same expressions as her...you catch them so well!

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

#17 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3372 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:10 PM

So when are you going to do a "coffee table book" on Tamarack?  I'd like to buy a copy please.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#18 woodrat

woodrat

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:58 AM

Haha miz molly! I certainly have enough photos for one.

#19 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3372 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:38 AM

Your photos are so totally amazingly beautiful.....you might really think about it.  There are other "photographers" on the forum you could contact if you are interested.  You all could get together and work on it.  Ahhhh yes, another project.  It would be beautiful though. 

#20 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7786 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:55 AM

I'd buy one.  I might have to buy a coffee table first.

--David Dunning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users