Brother And Sister Reunite!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MeiHi Yip Yip

MeiHi Yip Yip

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, cats, hiking, biking, motorcycles and anything outdoors!

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:55 PM

So when I told my husband that I had a chance to reunite MeiHi with his (almost identical) sister, Shegah, he thought I was nuts. After all it's only a 5 1/2 hour drive...😬 Really nuts now. I assured him it would be a great adventure. Oh, and did I mention Shay's owners have 5 AIDogs! Reluctantly, he agreed. We packed up our little guy and headed to Michigan. After the hair-raising introduction (who's the newcomer to our pack), MeiHi was accepted. I've read that these dogs do remember "their own kind" and I witnessed this when they were playing (My husband was in awe too). Attached File  image.jpeg   90.13K   40 downloads MeiHi played differently than with our GSH dog. It was much different.Attached File  image.jpeg   89.67K   53 downloads Attached File  image.jpeg   79.73K   53 downloads Then they became inseparable! Attached File  image.jpeg   70.98K   56 downloads Attached File  image.jpeg   50.42K   60 downloads Since we can't make the gathering in Oregon, this was the closest thing to it! Attached File  image.jpeg   48.37K   55 downloads Shegah, Billy Jack, Sky, Tsaga and Chief. I've never seen an instant bond between 2 animals like this and it was truly amazing! Attached File  image.jpeg   54.86K   58 downloads One last kiss goodbye, my sister...Attached File  image.jpeg   60.85K   54 downloads As he slept the whole way back, dreaming of running with his pack; we both agreed that Judy and Larry are equally amazing as well. Thank you for yet another amazing adventure! Attached File  image.jpeg   79.68K   45 downloads

MeiHi Yip Yip

#2 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 779 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:23 PM

I am so glad you made the trip up to visit Larry and Judy.  I had the pleasure of meeting Larry last year when he came out to SDK for several days.  He is an amazing guy and I am sure Judy is just as amazing.  I understand the 5 1/2 hour trip would usually prevent some from taking the opportunity to visit another AIDog owner and their dog (in this case 5 dogs) but it sounds as if it was well worth the trip for you guys.  BTW, MeiHi is really a handsome fella.

#3 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7760 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:55 PM

What an excellent story!  My smile is about to burst from my face!

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#4 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:My AIDog Chhaya...herbs, gardening, the outdoors.

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:53 AM

That's so cool you could get them together!  MeiHi and Shegah look alot like my Chhaya...who is their parents?

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users