Tamarack and Rune

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7689 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:02 AM

post-3-0-56177400-1467654993.jpg

Tamarack and Rune

Owner: Mikaela Ritter

Barrington, NH

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#2 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 676 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:33 AM

OMG!!!  What a wonderful picture.  That would make a great poster worthy of being put in a frame and hung on a wall.  

#3 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7689 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:38 AM

Here they are, packed up and ready to go to The Gathering!

Enjoy this photo, and think about joining us in Oregon July 22-26th.

More information here.

Here is picnic info.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#4 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2220 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:46 AM

Such good looking boys!

#5 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 380 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:04 PM

Gorgeous dogs! Wonderful pose  :)

"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#6 Felix

Felix

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Tattoos, Art, Photography, Cosplay, Sewing, Puppies, Kitties, Family

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:34 PM

I love this photo and I love these dogs! Makes me think of the future when we can have 2 ourselves. :)

#7 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:48 AM

Amazing photo!!!! They are so majestic looking.....so handsome....

#8 NyteByker

NyteByker

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Life!

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:28 AM

Wow!  So regal!  ... just WOW!

#9 mommom

mommom

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:AI Dogs, animal companions, making jewelry & cosmetics, iPad games! :)

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:40 AM

Oh how gorgeous!!   :wub:

“The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”   ― Charles de Gaulle

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”   ― Mark Twain

#10 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:My AIDog Chhaya...herbs, gardening, the outdoors.

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:28 AM

Sure is AMAZING!  Look at those eyes...they see everything....Chhaya has that same look as Tamarack...with her being his Aunt I guess it's to be expected...it just makes my heart skip a beat every time I see a picture of him. Rune is sure one handsome AIDog!!

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

#11 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:40 AM

They look great in the woods! and so alert, watching each other's backs!

#12 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7689 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:40 PM

I've been taking another look at their ears.  It's a stunning photo.

--David Dunning

#13 woodrat

woodrat

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:The dogs, photography, drawing, taxidermy, needle felting, hiking, dog behavior.

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:52 AM

Thank you everyone! Yes alert, they are - never miss a thing between the two of them, but I suppose that's true of all AIdogs.

I wish we could go to the gathering, but it's too hard to get time off of work long enough to drive across the country. Maybe someday...

It's funny looking at this photo now, when I took it I remember thinking how grown up Rune looked. Now I look at it and laugh at his baby face! He is so much more mature looking now, he really has grown up to be a very strikingly handsome dog.

#14 woodrat

woodrat

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:The dogs, photography, drawing, taxidermy, needle felting, hiking, dog behavior.

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:55 AM

I also might add that as a photography nut, I can't even tell you how convenient it is to have two incredibly attractive dogs that will stand and pose together when asked  ;)   I have so. many. pictures.

#15 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3286 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 18 July 2016 - 08:50 AM

Now that is a GREAT photo.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#16 Joyous1

Joyous1

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:32 AM

What a handsome pair!

#17 Tervlab

Tervlab

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Agility, Obedience, Rally, Traveling

Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:32 PM

Oh geez...Is that Rune in front?  He looks soooo much like out Teak.  Eyes, build, stare... the whole package.  Who are Rune's parents?  There are some pics of Teak on the "Say Hello to Teak" string.  What a beautiful pair....   :D

Cj

#18 woodrat

woodrat

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 08:25 PM

Rune is out of Azteca x Jay! His siblings are Shiloh and I believe Houston, Boone, and Tayamni (sp?), though I think Houston is the only one from his actual litter and the others were from a year previous. Lots of Azteca x Jay pups floating about.  :) Is Teak another? I'll go check out his pictures!

#19 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:08 AM

Rune is out of Azteca x Jay! His siblings are Shiloh and I believe Houston, Boone, and Tayamni (sp?), though I think Houston is the only one from his actual litter and the others were from a year previous. Lots of Azteca x Jay pups floating about.  :) Is Teak another? I'll go check out his pictures!

Nakoma the Search&Rescue dog in Pennsylvania is Rune's older brother, too!   :D  One of the 6 from Azteca x Jay 2014.

and yep, you got Tayamni spelling correct - I know, it's a mouthful.

I just looked back at the Azteca X Jay 2015 new pups pics and I believe that Rune was my favorite!  :wub:

I too would like to know who has each of the 7 pups (are they active on the forum?) from that 2015 litter are and how they are doing!

I know Houston is doing well, she was a very laid back pup and still is miss calm, cool, and collected.

#20 swortz

swortz

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted 15 August 2016 - 05:17 PM

Great photo! Atticus and I enjoy your Instagram feed a bunch too! Thanks for sharing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users