Wicca

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7690 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:59 PM

post-3-0-27952800-1413758846.jpg

Wicca

Joan and Gib Curry

Washington State

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#2 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7690 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

Allison,

You asked for some words, too.  Here’s what Joan and I wrote together.

~~~~

Wicca’s had so much pain and so much restriction if she isn’t already an old soul then she has aged lifetimes in this one.   

She is a shy girl with a warrior’s heart.  All the activity and loud noises of the early kennel kept her huddled in the back of her igloo, her womb, her den.  That’s where we found her.

Now she stands guard for us – invincible.

She knows that at any moment a loud noise may stun or unbelievable pain can strike.  Who she IS dictates she live fully in the moment. 

She is such a gifted, pure and graceful athlete.  She understands there is only Now and we must live it completely and enjoy it thoroughly.

~~~~

If that’s not too melodramatic!  J

For Now,

Gib & Joan Curry

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#3 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2220 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:01 AM

Wicca is such a sweetie. Been through a lot that little one. I hope to hear a lot of ordinary stories like Wicca goes to the beach, Wicca and the big squirrel, Wicca and Draco walk in the pet parade...

#4 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7690 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:32 PM

Wicca and Draco walk in the pet parade...

I am sure you mean Wicca and Draco LEAD the parade.  They are a beautiful pair.

--David Dunning

#5 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:02 AM

IT IS SUCH A MAJESTIC PHOTO!!!!!!

#6 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3286 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:42 AM

Great shot...mist coming through the trees, (looks like early morning) dew on the lawn (or could be sprinklers that were on) and the shadow of the majestic Wicca.  Love it! :)

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#7 Chinatola

Chinatola

Liliko'i & Kekona's Padre

• 1151 posts
  • Interests:Multiple business owner, father of two grown children, guitarist, amateur astronomer & husband of 30 years to my wonderful Julie Ann. Oh yeah...absolutely nuts about dogs!!

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:47 AM

Love this...

Chinatola

Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

--- Daniel Burnham

#8 Gib

Gib

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, snorkeling, grandchildren, dogs, community, computers and ....

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:36 AM

Great shot...mist coming through the trees, (looks like early morning) dew on the lawn (or could be sprinklers that were on) and the shadow of the majestic Wicca.  Love it! :)

Morning of the Equinox.  Dew on the grass, morning mist (fog) drifting up from the creek.  

She frequently will go out in the morning and sit for quite a period of time like this.  My guess is that she's scanning her backyard with eyes, ears and nose.  After a while, she'll go do her business.  

For Now,

Gib Curry

ф

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users