Tamarack

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7685 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

post-3-0-96665900-1405028083.jpg

Tamarack

Owner: Mikaela (Woodrat)

Barrington, NH.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#2 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 380 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

Outstanding! The regal Tamarack against the blue sky is striking.

"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#3 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 676 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

Awesome picture.

#4 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2220 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:28 AM

Everything the light touches is yours, Simba.... The Circle of LIFE  It moves us alllllll.

#5 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:57 PM

He is owning it!

#6 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7685 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

He is owning it!

You are so right.  He doesn't even question his right to stand at the top of the world.  

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#7 Nessa

Nessa

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sewing, Cooking, Willow, Family!

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:55 PM

T is so much more majestic than Willow.  She's all goofy and silly, and he looks like royalty!  Haha  She loves her brother, but is super jealous of his stunning poses.

"I don't want to see new things, I want to see things new."

#8 Gib

Gib

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, snorkeling, grandchildren, dogs, community, computers and ....

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

Yes.  Exactly.

This is why I love these dogs.

Beautiful, er, handsome.

For Now,

Gib Curry

ф

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

#9 Chinatola

Chinatola

Liliko'i & Kekona's Padre

• 1151 posts
  • Interests:Multiple business owner, father of two grown children, guitarist, amateur astronomer & husband of 30 years to my wonderful Julie Ann. Oh yeah...absolutely nuts about dogs!!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:19 AM

wow, nice shot!

Chinatola

Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

--- Daniel Burnham

#10 Joyous1

Joyous1

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

That just might be one of the most handsome dogs I have ever seen. Thank you for sharing!

#11 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3286 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:49 AM

Outstanding!

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#12 woodrat

woodrat

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:The dogs, photography, drawing, taxidermy, needle felting, hiking, dog behavior.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

T is so much more majestic than Willow.  She's all goofy and silly, and he looks like royalty!  Haha  She loves her brother, but is super jealous of his stunning poses.

Lol, Nessa... he has his moments!

#13 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7685 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

Woodrat, you can't post pictures here, but you can send it to me, or post it in another place, and leave the link.

--David Dunning

#14 Karen

Karen

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1704 posts
  • Interests:Photography, drawing, painting, cooking, dog training, film making

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

What a great photo of a beautiful dog!

I do beautiful, wild, unique abstract photography.
www.karenhyams.com
And here's my dog Danza
custom_dog_nema2_small.jpg

#15 Reign

Reign

• IIDOBA Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:My dog!,swimming,surfing,rock climbing, and longboarding

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:29 PM

What an unbelievable dog and picture! it looks great! What kind of harness is that it looks great on him/her!

#16 woodrat

woodrat

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:The dogs, photography, drawing, taxidermy, needle felting, hiking, dog behavior.

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:52 AM

Thank you! He really is just the very best dog. 

He's wearing a Ruffwear 'SingleTrack' pack (the older version) which is just a small lightweight backpack. Ruffwear is by far my favorite company for doggy gear, especially because T is such a funny shaped dog and all of Ruffwear's harnesses and packs are extremely adjustable to get just the right fit. I have since upgraded him to a larger pack and harness system from the same company, but I do miss the more compact size of the SingleTrack for certain outings.

Reign your pup is gorgeous by the way, that has always been one of my favorite AIdog colors!

#17 Nessa

Nessa

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sewing, Cooking, Willow, Family!

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:18 PM

I'll have to look into that pack.  Willow's always tilts to one side, even when it's empty.  I just can't figure it out!

"I don't want to see new things, I want to see things new."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tamarack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users