March 2014

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7689 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

post-3-0-02488400-1392857621.jpg

Zephyr

Owners: Megan Clifford & Dustin Lopez
Mount Shasta, CA

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#2 Bodhisattva

Bodhisattva

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Jiu Jitsu, Husband, Dad, Detective, Buddhist, Batman.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:05 AM

such a cool photo!

- His Holiness The XIV Dalai Lama -

#3 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2220 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

Heh, heh Super Dog.

#4 Chinatola

Chinatola

Liliko'i & Kekona's Padre

• 1151 posts
  • Interests:Multiple business owner, father of two grown children, guitarist, amateur astronomer & husband of 30 years to my wonderful Julie Ann. Oh yeah...absolutely nuts about dogs!!

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

Love that shot!

Chinatola

Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

--- Daniel Burnham

#5 wakamamapapa

wakamamapapa

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

Great image! :)

#6 keywestmama22

keywestmama22

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:playing with the kiddos, going to the beach, hula hooping, and enjoying life!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:02 AM

what a wonderful action shot!

#7 MeganC

MeganC

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:53 AM

Thanks everyone. I give all credit to Zeph, he gives me lots of opportunities for great photos. If my shutter can keep up with him, that is. :wub:

#8 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2342 posts
  • Interests:camping, crafts, computers, dogs and training, gardening, nature, & being outdoors

There is a difference between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

FlyDog!
"There is no such thing as a hyper dog. There are only exercise dependent dogs."

"Where I go, Dog follows. Where I stop, Dog settles. When I am lost, Dog finds me. When I am joyful, Dog joins me. Who I am, Dog knows. What I need, Dog becomes. Dog is great. Dog is good. Dog is everything. I am Dog codependent."

#9 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3286 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:31 AM

Love the anticipation in his face and body language.  Great shot.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#10 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 676 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

All he is missing is a cape.  :D

#11 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3286 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:04 PM

Greg, you're funny. :D

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#12 Gib

Gib

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, snorkeling, grandchildren, dogs, community, computers and ....

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:47 AM

Has anyone been watching the new "Cosmos"? (http://www.cosmosontv.com/)

I just started watching Episode 2.   They're talking about the domestication of dog by indigenous people and, essentially show our American Indian Dog..... all within the first 10 minutes....

But, you have to get by, what I considered, an unnecessary and disturbing interaction chasing a wolf with a fiery torch.  

Anyway, the Cosmos animation of Indian Dogs is kind of cool....

And, in a way takes this month's beautiful Zephyr and animates her leaps and bounds through ancient forests. 

As did the photo, the animation stimulated some past, far memory for me. 

Edited by Gib, 18 April 2014 - 05:49 AM.

For Now,

Gib Curry

ф

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

#13 mommom

mommom

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:AI Dogs, animal companions, making jewelry & cosmetics, iPad games! :)

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:14 AM

yes, I have been, and we did watch that episode, but you know it didn't click with me until I read your post?  Boy do I feel like a goof.  But I sure see it when I look at the anticipation in Zephyr's eyes in that jump. :D  That is the greatest action shot ever!

Edited by mommom, 18 April 2014 - 06:15 AM.

“The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”   ― Charles de Gaulle

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”   ― Mark Twain

#14 Chinatola

Chinatola

• 1151 posts
  • Interests:Multiple business owner, father of two grown children, guitarist, amateur astronomer & husband of 30 years to my wonderful Julie Ann. Oh yeah...absolutely nuts about dogs!!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:55 AM

Big fan of Carl Sagan & Cosmos but I'm having trouble with the new series.  I'm not sure what it is because science has always fascinated me.  Maybe it's Seth McFarland?  I get that they're going for a specific demographic and all and I actually applaud that because we do need to get the kids interested in the sciences but there's something rubbing me about this new series...can't put my finger on it.  Love the imagery though...

Chinatola

Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

--- Daniel Burnham

#15 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3286 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

:ph34r: looking, looking ...went to your link Gib and all I got was the Target adds.  Couldn't find Episode 2 ...ill look again.

#16 Gib

Gib

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, snorkeling, grandchildren, dogs, community, computers and ....

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

Big fan of Carl Sagan & Cosmos but I'm having trouble with the new series.  I'm not sure what it is because science has always fascinated me.  Maybe it's Seth McFarland?  I get that they're going for a specific demographic and all and I actually applaud that because we do need to get the kids interested in the sciences but there's something rubbing me about this new series...can't put my finger on it.  Love the imagery though...

What you said..... 

I just made a list in my head of several things and after each one said to myself, "No, it's not exactly that....."   

But, I'm going to watch it because I love the images, the source information and the wild speculation that might be true & factual....

For Now,

Gib Curry

ф

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

#17 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2220 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

Those of us that are Millions and Billions of years old remember how wonderful Carl Sagan was. It was his thoughtful humanity that made him extraordinary.

https://www.youtube....h?v=zSgiXGELjbc

So the universe has conspired to make Zephyr and you and I at this very moment. Amazing.

#18 Chinatola

Chinatola

• 1151 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

Sagan was the master.  Before him the science shows were antiseptic and sterile...facts, big numbers...all that crap.  Sagan turned it into a story for the mind to wander and get lost in...he made it, I don't know, accessible is the best word that comes to mind....even when dealing with immense things like the distances of interstellar space. Somehow he managed to make it all understandable and compelling.  I miss that guy. 

Chinatola

--- Daniel Burnham

#19 Starghoti

Starghoti

Jasper and K'ne's Mom

• 2342 posts
  • Interests:camping, crafts, computers, dogs and training, gardening, nature, & being outdoors

There is a difference between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:07 AM

I think it is that he seemed to never lose his awe and childlike wonder at how amazing it all is. :)
"There is no such thing as a hyper dog. There are only exercise dependent dogs."

"Where I go, Dog follows. Where I stop, Dog settles. When I am lost, Dog finds me. When I am joyful, Dog joins me. Who I am, Dog knows. What I need, Dog becomes. Dog is great. Dog is good. Dog is everything. I am Dog codependent."

#20 MeganC

MeganC

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

Once again, thank you everyone for the lovely comments. Zephyr is such a great jumper, and I'd love to teach him Frisbee, but he has a weird fear of them once they are falling near him. He chews them on the ground and chases after them when I throw them, but he refuses to actually catch them and runs from them once they begin to fall. Silly puppy. Also, you can watch the whole Cosmos series here on Hulu. There are commercials, but at least it's free and safe. http://www.hulu.com/...acetime-odyssey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users