Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Tayamni arrived from Florida and she and Boone are inseparable. It's really the cutest thing you can imagine. They hardly know we exist...just want us to open the back door and give them food, then they ignore us! Boone is so calm with her around. It's a whole side of him that we've never seen. She will be here for another 5 days. I have no idea how either one of them are going to handle it when we have to say our goodbyes. Wishing she could stay forever!

P6042069.JPG

P6042073.JPG

P6042075.JPG

P6042100.JPG

P6052102.JPG

P6072145.JPG

P6082206.JPG

P6072175.JPG

P6072156.JPG

• Like 4

That is very touching.

• Like 1

Wheeeeee! Hey to Denise.

There is something between these guys. They may love other dogs but there's even more between two AIDs.

We call our AID bubble Cake Dolly - Parrot Land and we are allowed to trespass. They have their own language, play, dance. Yesterday at the nail groomer he sat while I was checking out and she sat on him.

• Like 3

Wheeeeee! Hey to Denise. There is something between these guys. They may love other dogs but there's even more between two AIDs. We call our AID bubble Cake Dolly - Parrot Land and we are allowed to trespass. They have their own language, play, dance. Yesterday at the nail groomer he sat while I was checking out and she sat on him.

Love that, AID bubble, Sherab! Perfect description of how we feel. It really is something special to see. They want to be touching whenever possible. They've even squeezed into the small crate together once. Wish I could have gotten a picture of that! Boone has sat on Tayamni several times...poor girl, he out weighs her by quite a few pounds! But don't worry she can hold her own when they're playing! She's small but mighty and Boone bows down to her wishes lol

• Like 1

That is a wonderful picture. Are they siblings? I've forgotten.

I have no idea why Tayamni is in Texas with y'all, but it appears to be an amazing thing...so happy for them!!!

Denise E had a commitment in Texas & she would not be able to take Tayamni. We encouraged her to bring Tayamni along for the road trip and leave her with us for 10 days. It IS an amazing thing! I'm so sad that she has to go home on Monday. We are thinking we won't answer the door when Denise E comes back :D

• Like 3

Here is a short video slideshow of Boone & Tayamni together. Unfortunately, Tim & Karen cancelled so we weren't able to have a mini gathering. It was misting on and off Sunday so wasn't ideal weather for 4 dogs who don't like to get wet. Those would have been some great photos! Maybe next year. Tayamni left yesterday. Boone is very sad today. He misses his sister terribly. He was such a GOOD dog while she was here! He was calm & not the least bit destructive. He ate with gusto (maybe all that playtime) but is back to refusing meals today. We're considering the option of a new puppy. We enjoyed getting to know Denise E and her sister & consider them to be good friends of ours now! We hope to get Boone & Tayamni together every year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dl3EKK8ifo

sad boone.jpg

• Like 4

Awwww. That is so sweet and tender. Loved it. Tayamni has really grown into an elegant girl.

Family through dogs - have you ever heard of it via any other breed?

• Like 5

Aww I know those dog blues....every time Linda brings Snake and Malachi to see Chhaya she is VERY sad for a while after they leave...

Awwww. That is so sweet and tender. Loved it. Tayamni has really grown into an elegant girl. Family through dogs - have you ever heard of it via any other breed?

She really has and she also has the sweetest disposition. Nick did his best to try to convince them that she needed to stay with us. He thought the slide show might soften them up a bit and threw in an offer to buy them 2 more AIDs if they'd just leave Tayamni with us lol

• Like 1
She really has and she also has the sweetest disposition. Nick did his best to try to convince them that she needed to stay with us. He thought the slide show might soften them up a bit and threw in an offer to buy them 2 more AIDs if they'd just leave Tayamni with us lol

IF Tayamni didn't remember me after 10 days ....... I was scared driving back to Dallas. Not wanting to take the offer - but thinking of the best for her.

Loved the video! There was a longer one - this one gives you all the gist of the interaction. The longer one had multiple songs that played at the heart strings! Hmmmm, master plan????

Then, I walked in, she was happy but casual and I went past a gate to go to another room, I had my back to her and I started BEAMING!!!! (sorry Nick), Tayamni was at the gate whining for me not to go without her! Geez, I was only going to use the bathroom - LOL!

:wub: Ahhhh, my little Wincincala! I was so relieved she really had bonded to me over these last months. I melted - ahh but I am still the alpha - and now she gets to sleep on the bed with me ..... much to my cats' dismay :blink:

Tayamni had a bit of separation anxiety but that relaxed after a few days or so and she is now back to ignoring me when we are at the dog park - ha, ha, ha.

Thanks to Nick & Denise for hosting us and yes, we have new good friends, family that never would have happened if not for these dogs and this forum!

Now - Yes, I think Boone could use a constant companion (another AI Dog) and Tayamni will be getting one - BOY you'll have a house full next June!

Wouldn't it be neat if we ended up with another set of littermates in the future??????

Kelli wants a boy, and would you guys be getting a girl? It's kismet!!!!!!

• Like 1

I was so relieved she really had bonded to me over these last months. I melted....

Gee, I know what you mean. Wondering,...

• Like 1

Oh she really was happy to see you & Kelli! It was heart warming to see. And when Nick saw it he knew she belonged with you too. Did you see that Boone & Tayamni have more siblings? Check out Greg's post under New Pups!

• Like 1
Oh she really was happy to see you & Kelli! It was heart warming to see. And when Nick saw it he knew she belonged with you too. Did you see that Boone & Tayamni have more siblings? Check out Greg's post under New Pups!

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

I don't think she minded I was gone - UNTIL I CAME BACK! You all were great to her and she had TONS of fun with BOONE!

She has been at the dog park and plays with other dogs - BUT it is not like the instant ease and understanding with another AI Dog

It really would be something to each get another pair of littermates again.

We would have a great experiment and could see next time they were all together how the dynamics change or stay the same when the littermates are with each other after separation and how the housemates react to each other when their littermates are around.

Which association is stronger? Being born together or growing up together?

My money is on the being born together, that Tayamni & Boone would still pair and the two younger littermates would pair - or maybe they all would sleep in a pile as a group!

(It doesn't have to be Azteca x Jay pups, any littermates) It would be great since we have the opportunity to get a further look into the AI Dog imprinting and pack dynamics ....

- YES I saw the pics of the new pups and posted my like of the litter - LOL! :P

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

It was good to see both Boone and Tayamni play together. I am very happy they got to se each other. Had a GREAT visit with the Richard family.

• Like 3