Planning For The 2018 Gathering At Lake Selmac

Gathering

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 753 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:52 AM

Happy New Year everyone.  I know this may be a little earlier than the last couple of years however, I have had numerous contacts inquiring as to when we plan to have this year's Gathering.  Summer vacation plans are being made so I will put this out now.

Most of the requests I have had thus far have mentioned that the 4th of July time frame was perfect for them last year and would be perfect again this year.  However, we will consider an eight week block (June or July) to set the annual event.  August is typically the hottest month of the year as well as the heart of fire season.  Typically people will arrive on Friday to set up camp, socialize and let the dogs get to know each other. Saturday will be the main event for the weekend which will include a BBQ that afternoon and later a migration down to Song Dog Kennel to see the dogs up close, tell more stories and whatever else may happen. We need to reserve the picnic area to ensure we have appropriate facilities for the BBQ. We do want to select a weekend that will allow as many people as possible to come experience this wonderful event.

This will be a very special year for Kim here at Song Dog Kennels, more on that later.  Hint... Don't mention anything to Kim, it's a surprise.  It would be wonderful to have a huge turn-out.

I would like to lock in a date to reserve the picnic area in the next couple of weeks.

Please check your calendars and reply with a primary weekend and, if possible, an alternate weekend that would work. Those who would prefer to send me a private message, feel free to do so. We will look at all the dates, lock in the weekend and hopefully post the date for the 2018 Gathering in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by Greg, 28 January 2018 - 09:56 AM.

#2 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3344 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:58 AM

Good news.  Thanks Greg.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#3 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 753 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:03 PM

Thank you to those who have contacted me with your vote for which weekend to hold our annual Gathering.  This is the final call to get your vote in.  I am wanting to lock in the pavilion  for our event about March 1st.  This will give everyone time to plan and lock in their campsites.   

#4 Rik

Rik

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:fishing, mycology,gardening,sci-fi,photography,meditation, kenpo,retired.

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:59 PM

Any time is fine with me 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gathering

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users