Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

2015 Gathering 24-26 July 2015

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This always looks like so much fun. Some day we are going to make it out there.

Someone mentioned that there is usually a quiet time on the forum, while the Gathering is happening, which is totally true. So I just want to say that you know we will be thinking, and talking about

Well it looks as if we have a bonus event for the 2015 Gathering. The 12th Annual Siskiyou Folk and Bluegrass Festival will also be held on the 25th of July, the day of our BBQ. It looks as if the s

I am going to try to come....never done this, but I have a son that lives in California, so maybe I can talk him into coming up to camp with Kola and I

I will keep you posted!

• Like 1

I am going to try to come....never done this, but I have a son that lives in California, so maybe I can talk him into coming up to camp with Kola and I I will keep you posted!

That would be very awesome if you could make it.

• Like 1

We are planning on being there. Is this campground usually full in July?

Yes it is. Lake Selmac is a very popular place especially during the summer time. I highly recommend reserving your site early.

For Camping Reservations Please call: Reservations Northwest: 1-800-452-5687

Reserve online: Reserve America

Camping Reservations can be made 9 months up to 2 days in advance. For more information on Camping Reservations http://www.co.joseph...e.asp?navid=522

• Like 1

The main group is going to be in Mallard Loop-

also- Greg- you planning on doing the potluck sign up list?

(that way everyone doesn't bring potato salad.. nothing against it, but some diversity is always good- lol)

• Like 2

LOL. Potato salad is one of my favorite dishes. Yes I will be starting the list along with more updates starting around the 1st of May.

As of the 15th, two days ago, half of the tent sites at Mallard Loop were already reserved. There are other tent sites and RV sites in other areas of Lake Selmac if Mallard Loop fills up. However, Mallard Loop will definitely be the ideal camping spot in order to be close to most of the group. So anyone planning on coming, and if you haven't done so yet, please check in and reserve your site early.

We will volunteer for plates/forks/napkins (and the like) and gluten free buns (hamburger/hotdog)

As of the 15th, two days ago, half of the tent sites at Mallard Loop were already reserved. There are other tent sites and RV sites in other areas of Lake Selmac if Mallard Loop fills up. However, Mallard Loop will definitely be the ideal camping spot in order to be close to most of the group. So anyone planning on coming, and if you haven't done so yet, please check in and reserve your site early.

Here here.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Would a venison roast done in a dutch oven be ok to bring?

I can't go and this is making it worse :(

• Like 3

I smoked a couple of Venison back straps in my Weber smokey mountain cooker last year. They turned out wonderfully.

• 2 weeks later...

We'll chime in and help pay for the burgers and hotdogs. I figure if you people fill up on those, there will be more venison for me.

Please also remember that this is a picnic for 35+ people. If you can't commit to bringing something, please put a fiver in the jar. Those of us who pull this together, pay for everything else, and it gets expensive. We also pay for the picnic shelter and any extra fees from the park. When I was heading it two years ago, it was $100 up front for the shelter. I doubt that fee has gone down. :rolleyes:

We hope that the option of a donation will make it easier for everyone, and alleviate the financial burden on the organizers.

We appreciate your consideration.

Good to hear from you Martha and look forward to seeing you there. Don't worry, we will keep you busy. :)

• 1 month later...

Well it looks as if we have a bonus event for the 2015 Gathering. The 12th Annual Siskiyou Folk and Bluegrass Festival will also be held on the 25th of July, the day of our BBQ. It looks as if the stage will be at the Trout Shelter in Mallard Loop which is next to the Blue Gill Shelter where we will be. Tickets for the festival is $15 at the gate. We should be close enough to enjoy the music while enjoying our event.

http://siskiyoubluegrassfestival.com/

• Like 4

Okay, I'm leaving my mandolin at home.

Oh come on...There's Thursday, Friday, Saturday night etc. Would love to hear you play.

:) Hey Miz Molly had a great idea. Here is a call for all attending the gathering to bring your musical instrument, if you play one. Maybe we can have our own concert. Allison on the mandolin, MS Molly on the tambourine and wooden clapper. Any one else???? :D

• Like 1

Hey Martha, so great to hear that you will be attending. Looking forward to seeing you again. Will Josh be with you as well? Hope so. A reunion is in store! Love it.

Remember to follow the updates on the 2015 Gathering Barbeque Pot Luck link.

I'm telling you....get all the musicians in this group together, form a band, play for the gathering, and call yourselves the "Song Dogs!". I hope to make it to a future gathering. I want to meet everyone, as you all sound wonderful, and I want to be surrounded by these amazing dogs too!

• Like 1