Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Gathering 2006--update

Okay, got some news, but first, here's a look at some of the fun we have in store:

asanta_maria_rodeo_gene_hyder_pictures_010.jpg

aaKay_Levie_photos_Santa_Maria_Rodeo_004.jpg

aaaKay_Levie_photos_Santa_Maria_Rodeo_005.jpg

aaaaKay_Levie_photos_Santa_Maria_Rodeo_007.jpg

Cool, eh? That's JD and His K9 Kings! He'll be there! My dog's going to go crazy.

So, it seems we are too late for reservations, but the campground is mostly empty, no one in the camping spots, and several hookups are left.

It is a first come, first serve, for spots, but we can work it out.

We usually have a group dinner on Saturday. In the past, we have hammered out a menu, but I suggest, that we each bring our own carcass, and something to share. We ought to have plenty, and that should give everyone a chance to enjoy the day. Heck, we can go for Hot dogs, if it comes down to it! I have a feeling I'm not going to feel like cooking. :rolleyes: Just eating.

aaaaasanta_maria_moab_trip_059.JPG

IIDOBA always supplies the hamburgers Allison so there will be hamburgers and buns and condiments and all that good stuff - people just need to bring a side dish or dessert - whatever they want. I hear that the cowboy poet is going to be there and we'll have some talented musicians for singing around the campfire too! Sounds good to me. I am getting so excited - at least I will get to get my 'doggie' fix finally!!!

So hamburgers it is, then. So if there's ketchup and potato chips, then there's our vegetables! :lol:

Just kidding, really. My husband and I are into the raw vegetables, these days. We've been eating lots of Carrots, celery, radishes, cauliflower, and cucumbers. So we'll probably make a tray of veggies.

Great to hear from you, Cyndi.

Ugh, I've ate squirrel stew - it's not bad but I'll pass on rat stew!! Yeah, you guys bring a nice veggie tray - that would be cool!! Hamburgers, chips, some cool desserts - since I have to come a long distance I'm just going to bring some chocolate chip cookies or something similar - they travel pretty good. I know Arlene has been 'talked into' making her famous potato salad......so far, my mouth is starting to water - wonder what else we'll have??

Just reading your post made my mouth water! Who is the dog of Pavlov, now?

Dreamed about the gathering, last night. I'm already having fun.

Need new batteries for the camera.....

We are pulling out the camping gear, today...

Change the oil; found a screw in the tire, yesterday, gotta get that fixed......

AND DON'T FORGET THE FRISBEES!

Just reading your post made my mouth water! Who is the dog of Pavlov, now?

Dreamed about the gathering, last night. I'm already having fun.

Need new batteries for the camera.....

We are pulling out the camping gear, today...

Change the oil; found a screw in the tire, yesterday, gotta get that fixed......

AND DON'T FORGET THE FRISBEES!

Make sure ya'll take lots and lots of pictures and post them for us that can't make it to the gathering.

As this would be my first gathering, I was wondering if there was a sort of schedule of events, like when are the K-9 Kings on, or anything else? Just wondering the best time on Saturday to get there. Is there much going on Sunday?

-Michelle

As this would be my first gathering, I was wondering if there was a sort of schedule of events, like when are the K-9 Kings on, or anything else? Just wondering the best time on Saturday to get there. Is there much going on Sunday?

-Michelle

I want to let everyone know that JD will be doing his show on Saturday afternoon. Don't know where, yet-- if it will be at the ranch or at the park. We will let everyone know when they arrive.

Oh, yeah.......we'll have some new frisbee tricks after this weekend!

I want to let everyone know that JD will be doing his show on Saturday afternoon. Don't know where, yet-- if it will be at the ranch or at the park. We will let everyone know when they arrive.

Oh, yeah.......we'll have some new frisbee tricks after this weekend!

Gathering crew ~ We will be at the big pavilion this year, before you get to the mallard loop area. It has nice green lawns all around it & a play ground for the kids. With plenty of shade. Plus it's close to the Lake, so lot's of swimming for all.

This is on the McMullen Road intrance .... JD will be here on Thursday to Monday with all his dogs & doing his show on saturday after noon. Inbetween his frisbee golf there at the Lake, <g> we hear Lake Selmac has one of the best frisbee golf courses in the U.S. ~ see you there ~ Kim

-Michelle

-Michelle

Michelle ~ Ross Muxwerthy will be coming up from your area on saturday morning. Do you still have his phone #? Maybe you guys could ride up together?

Not much happening on Sunday, but we might take a hike up the Illinous river with a gang of dogs if anyone's up for it? PLus we will have some horses in to ride, so bring your boots ~ Kim

Frisbee Golf.....I'll have to keep Coyo on a leash for that event. :P I have always wanted to try a hike/ride with the dogs. You talk about them, and it sounds so wonderful. I'm in--I don't care if I have to run with the dogs. Or more realistically, my dog will be coming to the back to tell me to hurry up!

I was looking at JD's pictures. Look at the fourth one, he one where they are all standing on top of each other----look at his grin. Lucky guy. Okay, hard-working, lucky guy.

This gathering is looking better and better. I'm taking my digital camera (altho it isn't a great one) and will be taking pictures and we'll be putting them all up on the gathering website once I'm back home. I"m sure there will be others with cameras - Kim, have you guys learned to work your new one yet?? Anyways we'll be sure and 'document' the whole thing and keep everyone in the loop -

I'm dreading the 12 hour drive but once I'm there, I'll be so glad to be there and looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying a lot of dog stuff!!

Just heard from One more....arriving Saturday. I said we'd save a place. Cool---the dogs are such a good reason to get together.

Sounds like good times in store - will we be able to have the dogs off leash? I haven't ridden a horse in at least 10 years. Forgot to mention I grew up with one who was 3/4 Peruvian and 1/4 Paso Fino. Unforunately she developed serious hoof problems and had to be put down at age 15.

Kim - I have long since lost Ross's number, not being the most organized person in the world, but I think I would rather just drive up separate as I will be camping out of my truck. But it will be nice to meet Ross when I am there.

-Michelle

It will be interesting to hear you talk horse with Kim, and with Cyndi. If you haven't met Kim's horses, you are in for a treat. He used to always say, "the big dogs", and after meeting them, I now know why.

See you there Michelle.

The gathering is this weekend isn't ?

To everybody who's going to the gathering, have fun !!!

Wish I could be there too, maybe one day, we've saved enough money to make the trip.

But then again I also love skiing in the winter with Bart and skijoring with Dakota, I know I'll have to choose, but I'm not good at that.

The gathering is this weekend isn't ?

To everybody who's going to the gathering, have fun !!!

Wish I could be there too, maybe one day, we've saved enough money to make the trip.

But then again I also love skiing in the winter with Bart and skijoring with Dakota, I know I'll have to choose, but I'm not good at that.

hi elize

i sure would like to come to and like you i will,saving for it

dont know when but i will go there someday

gea

It would be extremely fun, to meet both of you. I really hope that you will make it, one year. And I will try to make it to one of yours!

Now, don't break anything while we're gone, you two......

It would be extremely fun, to meet both of you. I really hope that you will make it, one year. And I will try to make it to one of yours!

Now, don't break anything while we're gone, you two......

dont worry,wont do anything you wouldnt lol

dont worry,wont do anything you wouldnt lol

Uh, oh.....we're in trouble....