Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Felicity And Saluations From Cookie Land

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's greeting is brought to you by the letter C and the color Brown. Happy Spring. Although I'm not sure I believe it. It's been faux spring 5 times already. Sure the robins are back and last night

Today's guest story tellers are River Otter and Tree Stump. The seasons have changed but not much else at Cookie Land. There was wood cut season. Quite right. Not a bad way to go, for us dead trees

Spring, a time when the birds are singing and chocolate squirrels are falling from trees in front of little black and white dogs. Warm sun shines causes reptiles to sun themselves only to be kicked of

Posted Images

Trillium makes me cry...

Beautiful pics.

• Like 1

Still loving the pup that sleeps and plays in the "pup Tent." :lol:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Psssst hey, come here. Closer so I can whisper to you....about something very serious. IMG_2442.jpg Magic Elves. IMG_2438.jpg Yep Magic Elves. Mom said her studio has been invaded by em. Do you see any? IMG_2366.jpgIMG_2397.jpg She said they aren't the kind of elves that make beautiful things at night when everyone is sleeping. She said they aren't even the kind of elves that make glorious shoes for the wood carver. She said they are attention sucking elves. Delightful but high maintenance. Also they are thieves. Do you see any?IMG_2354.jpgIMG_2368.jpg Mom said they are HERE, right NOW, sucking away all the attention...but I don't see any.IMG_2408.jpgIMG_2423.jpgIMG_2429.jpg So I'm taking precautions. If you need me I'll be in here guarding my stash. IMG_2410.jpgIMG_2414.jpg Unless I need to go help Mom. Be careful, I hear they are contagious. IMG_2404.jpg

• Like 3

What a beautiful place you have!

........I'm quite certain that's due to the magic of elves...

I swear I have them in my garden too? AND then about two years ago they simply started to appear unannounced in my paintings. I don't plan it, have no idea where or how they get there. I throw paint at the paper, squirt water, drip it, smear it, just play with it, add a bit of ink or anything else I can dilute, having fun with music, lighting, and paint..... and all of a sudden...... something starts to appear ...I start enhancing it to see what it is.....in this case it was her face. :D

water spirit IMG_1910_2.jpg

Life is a good mystery .......

• Like 3

How cool is that Mol!!??!! Neat!

WOW more please. I've always thought that water color was the hardest of all mediums. No room for mistakes :0

Sherab, That's true if you are doing Botanical's or realistic landscapes. (the control of water color, is all about how the paper absorbs the water, that's why it is so hard. The paper+water reacts differently on a rainy day vs a hot sunny day. ) But as you can see, there's nothing realistic in this painting, so I can make all kinds of mistakes and no one would know. :lol: Just having a lot of fun playing around and experimenting on a Sunday afternoon, with my pups at my side.

How cool is that Mol!!??!! Neat!

Thanks China,

Kinda weird to have a little face peering back at you when you didn't intend it to happen tho. :D Makes me wonder what will appear in the next painting? I hope it's a dog.

Sherab, Your elves do great work in your garden. It looks incredible. Would love to see more.

• Like 1

Nothing weird .... it's a blessing! Little people can be shy.

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

Everybody is looking great! Love the flower pot too! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Nice work Sherab.....still waiting for that children's book. :D Really like the "dancing heart" flowers.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

LOVE the pics!

I see what you mean about the feathering Cake has on her neck. Tayamni has a very short coat and tiny feathering.

It's great looking at the differences AI Dogs, even within littermates.

Especially when people take great pictures - like you!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Merry Christmas IMG_2091.jpg Here we are on this fine christmas day, having experienced the glory of a night of uninterrupted sleep. Shiva, AKA "Tiny Tim" had a stretch of difficulty with the night but we think we worked out the problems. First he had some rubbing soars from the new wheel chair which we cleared up by sewing fleece onto his wheel chair and lifting harness. Then came the Nocturnal arm pit barn yard pee bearing visitor which we think is a bob cat. This we chased off with chain saw and tractor noises and it appears to confine its self to the hiking trails up the road. Next it got cold and we discovered he likes to sleep on the heated floor vs the unheated floor - go figure. Then came the Winter Solstice amorous deer bugling outside the window and finally the storm that brought down trees at dark o'clock. It's been a long run but I can recommend dog wheel chairs to anyone since he's much stronger now and has been on regular hikes with us once again.IMG_2928.jpg IMG_2932.jpg Wakinyan and Cake Dolly have taken the transition well. Waki becoming even more serious and attempting more GSD type jobs with his AID interpretation. Barking At Things being chief among new duties (Shiva seems to have lost some hearing). Even Cake will bark at things now a little. At the moment that includes barking at the generator - since the power went out in the wee hours of christmas eve day and baking christmas dinner is causing some variation noises that sound like a powerful animal growling. Also Herding Mommy on walks (i.e. circling around me and coming up and poking me with his nose - but ONLY if walking with Shiva too, so Shiva doesn't have to if he's too tired). Also peeing on things and walking off lead on the property to show Cake Dolly how it's done. IMG_5178.jpg Waki has grown a huge white nose ring this winter. Not sure what that means but I think he's our own woolybear caterpillar and I am guessing we might yet be in for something this winter. We got a little snow and then it melted - which is a blessing to us because a winter like last year with "Tiny Tim" would be difficult and if we'd gotten snow instead of all this rain it would be up to the roof. IMG_5210 (1).jpgIMG_5215 (1).jpg We wish you all many blessings in the new year. May those with puppies savor the time. May squirt bottles always work and rarely be needed. To those with teen dogs - may you survive with sense of humor intact and some wonderful stories for later in life. For those with grown dogs in their prime - remember a dog's life is short and what might seem ordinary and permanent will change soon enough - enjoy every day. For those with Senior dogs - love them, spoil them, enjoy your velveteen rabbit.

In the words of Tiny Tim - Run them all over! WHEEEEEEEE. oh I mean God Bless Us Everyone. IMG_2057.jpgIMG_5221 (1).jpg

• Like 4

How very cool that Shiva gets a set of wheels. I'm sure he's proud of his wheels and is enjoying being mobile again.

I so laughed at the comment about Wak poking you with his nose. That's Lili's primary communication tool. Poking for everything.

Happy Boxing Day!!

IMG_1708.JPG

Let the surveillance begin

Image1.jpg

• Like 2

Nice wheels. The squirt bottle wish cracked me up. :lol: Nose poking? Yes, I do get that.

I look forward to hearing about your drone adventures.

Happy new year!

So...here's the first story about my surveillance efforts using my drone.

I crashed into my own face! Luckily it had propeller guards on it! (the drone...not my face)

• Like 2