Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Next, I would like to address the accusation, by these cowards, of animal abuse, and neglect. Again, they play on our emotions--even the mention of the words "Puppy Mill", and our indignation is stirred-our hackles raised, as it should be. But nothing could be further from the truth, where Kim is concerned.

First of all, there are only a few litters born each year. Secondly, there are people waiting before there are puppies gestating, and thirdly, there are no extra pups.

These pups have been handled, they have played on grass, climbed over tree trunks and rocks. They have ridden in vehicles, and Kim spends time with each one. Their minds are wide open to new experiences and they are ready to learn.

They house-train in days, a natural progression from their mothers teaching them to keep the den clean. They understand pack order, and are ready for you to lead them. Both these traits are so very ingrained from the natural setting, and the feeling of "the pack", that Kim is able to maintain on his ranch. What's more, when people bring their dogs for a visit, that pack mentality is reinforced. I can truly say, that my dog always comes away from there a better dog, more mature and centered, as though we've been to a training camp.

I looked for over ten years for my dog. I went to many breeders, but Kim's kennels surpassed all the others for sheer size, cleanliness, and, there is no other

word for it...fun. Those dogs are interested, and happy.

AH2a.jpgAH2b.jpgAH2c.jpg

AH2d.jpgAH2f.jpgAH2h.jpg

AH2i.jpgAH2k.jpgAH2l.jpg

Another overwhelming difference between Kim and other breeders, is Kim's willingness to talk about his breeding practices. Other breeders try to put you off and change the subject, but Kim is right up front. He tries to educate people as to the genetics involved, and talks openly about the lengths to which he has gone, in order to keep his dogs healthy.

Abuse? Neglect? AH2j.jpg

These hoax people are out and out lying. It is libel, pure and simple.

Again, let me say that any concerned and/or interested people, are welcome to come to the ranch, and see for themselves. But beware! You will, no doubt, be leaving your name on the waiting list for one of our pups!

AMEN

not that i ever saw the ranch, but if i ever take a second dog, i would let it come from kim, no doubt about that, now i have become very suspicious about things lately, for good reasons, but not a single doubt in my mind about that, seen the last pups that arrived in holland, they looked great,healty and open to me, great looking puppies

those that doubt him, simply dont have a pup from him, go for another breed then anyway because a true aid ar to good for those people

gea

I have two AI dogs- a 16 month old, a 7 and 1/2 month old and am taking care of a friend's 18+ week old AI pup while he takes a perhaps once in a lifetime trip (expenses paid!) to the other side of the world.

I have to tell everyone what I knew after having the oldest one for just a few weeks. When I am ready for another dog one day i will get him or her from Kim. I could foster, adopt, care for any kind of canine but I love these dogs, know that they are special and how well-suited we are to eachother. Kim has been nothing but great to do business with. I always feel he is being straight up with me and I am a good judge of character!

When we look for fault in others it's easily found, isn't it, because they mirror our own. And when we look to see the good in someone it then more abundantly mirrors our own. Kim seems pretty great to me.

From what I've read these folks sound petrified. So mistrustful. Too bad for them.

The proof is in the puddin'! My dogs ROCK!!

: )

Marina in Portland, OR

Oh, I might add that I've been to the ranch twice (the 2nd visit a long one) and the dogs are happy and healthy. To call it anything akin to a puppy mill is just plain ignorant. I'm glad we're talking about this because it isn't right to suffer fools.

My dog steals all of the covers.

Haha did he learn that from you? : )

I can only echo what has been said. I have been to the ranch twice, and never seen anything amiss. I wish I had half the set-up Kim has with his kennels! Sure these dogs require stern discipline, and can be a handfull as puppies, but my 8 1/2 month old has never shown aggression or ill will toward people. That comes from appropriate handling as a puppy, and a good temperament from responsible breeding. AI dogs may not be the right dog for everyone, but they (and Kim) do not deserve the rap the hoaxers have given them.

I can only echo what has been said. I have been to the ranch twice, and never seen anything amiss. I wish I had half the set-up Kim has with his kennels! Sure these dogs require stern discipline, and can be a handfull as puppies, but my 8 1/2 month old has never shown aggression or ill will toward people. That comes from appropriate handling as a puppy, and a good temperament from responsible breeding. AI dogs may not be the right dog for everyone, but they (and Kim) do not deserve the rap the hoaxers have given them.

We are on our FIFTH AID!! Now if sometehing was wrong with the dogs or the breeder would we keep coming back for more?

What's really upsetting about the sneaks is that they don't have the guts to give their real name and state their concerns! Those that have to keep hiding and sneaking and continue to talk their lies only lead to one fact ... THEY LIE! If they spoke of what is true, they wouldn't have to keep talking and they'd give their real identity to find out the truth.

Better not get me started on my soap box! If ya can't walk the walk, ya surely can't talk the talk!

Judy in Michigan

How right you are Judy - THEY LIE should be their motto LOL And thank you, Allison, for posting the pictures of Kim's place - hopefully that should shut up the accusations of puppy mill LOL I also love their accusations that he's making beau coup bucks off the sale of the pups. That is one that cracks me up!! After breeding cats and a few litters of pups myself - when you figure vet bills, quality food, worming and flea stuff and all the care you have to fork out for the animals over the year just to see the arrival of one litter of pups or kittens from a female....(and with Kim - not every female is bred every year or even every two years) - you lose money, not make it. Then you factor in the cost of gas to take them to vets, to be shipped, and then your time to socialize them...well, you all get the picture. I must admit that, like Kim and Arlene, the socialization process tho is not a hardship but a pleasure for me as it is for them. To see what you have helped to create and bring into the world - it's very close to the joy of having your own children - but with a shorter time span for their growth to adulthood LOL Watching them grow and play, seeing who develops what personality and whether your vision of what the breeding will bring has come about - well, it's a great feeling.

I'd like to put a bit of my own findings here and talk about what I know of these people. On the museum of hoaxes, they started a thread that caused quite a 'stir' <g> It looked as if there were a lot of people that were talking trash about the dogs, Kim etc etc but in reality, with a bit of digging, it became obvious that many posts were being generated by just a very few people using multiple names!! Talk about lying - now there is one for you! Even tho I posted under my original name there and requested others to do the same, no one really bothered to use their real name and the few that did, still continued to use their pseudonyms to post negative issues. How convenient that was for them. <g> Using out and out lies, innuendos, and whatever they can dredge up out of their fertile imaginations, they attempted to besmirk the breed and when that really didn't fly, they attacked Kim personally on levels that can only be described as suitable for the tabloids! Very reputable and above board aren't they? haha

To show a little bit of how they do their 'magic' let me relate a story here that happened not too long ago. Kim gave a club member a retired breeder. Proud of her new family member, pictures were posted on an email group for aidog owners and a minor mention was made that she needed groceries as she was a little thin. She posted some photos to the group of the dog covered in grass seeds after playing in the yard with her dogs, along with other photos of her. By the time a member of the hoax group passed that info thru to another member, and it filtered thru all the other members, this poor dog was said to be covered with fleas and ticks and nearly dead of starvation <g> Just an example of how they take a tiny bit of info and warp it to suit their needs. Interesting, wouldn't you say?

Nearly everything they come up with has been from that kind of situation. A bit of info that has been warped or the truth simply ignored and twisted to suit their point of view - not all of the hoaxers even have aidogs but some of those that do, have or have had trouble controling their dogs. And therein lies the rub. Because they either refused to accept advice on how to train their dogs or simply ignored it and had problems with their dogs, therefore the problems they had/have must be because of the breed itself or with Kim, his reputation, his advice, whatever. Sigh....I'm sure we can all see how illogical that line of reasoning is. Others are simply disgruntled members of the original group of people that were involved with the breed, who didn't get their way. I must say that I've seen some letters from one of the members of the hoax group to Kim - the language directed toward Kim was above and beyond any that I would call 'acceptable' - horribly degrading and nasty, with things in it I wouldn't even call my worst enemy! No kidding!

These fine, upstanding citizens, who refuse to name themselves or cite their sources, cause trouble for all of us because of their obsessive and destructive behaviors. And it's all because they lie.....and call their lies the truth. As Mulder would say....the truth is out there!! And we know the truth!!

----

Cyndi

"When asked by an anthropologist what the Indians called America before the white man came, an Indian said simply, 'Ours'" Vine Deloria

Nearly everything they come up with has been from that kind of situation. A bit of info that has been warped or the truth simply ignored and twisted to suit their point of view - not all of the hoaxers even have aidogs but some of those that do, have or have had trouble controling their dogs. And therein lies the rub. Because they either refused to accept advice on how to train their dogs or simply ignored it and had problems with their dogs, therefore the problems they had/have must be because of the breed itself or with Kim, his reputation, his advice, whatever.

I'm glad you mentioned that Cyndi, I was going to elaborate on my comment mentioning these dogs require discipline. It's not that my dog is a wild out-of-control dog. She's a very intelligent dog that needs stimulation, and needs to know what's OK and not OK. And tough love does work if you are consistent. They will test their boundaries, but really, I did that with my parents when I was a teenager so I can't really be too surprised :-)

Thanks for writing Cyndi. And I love Vine Deloria!

It seems to me that the same kind of person who is unbalanced enough to put so much energy into lies and fabrication is the same who can't intuit how to discipline such an intelligent dog. My dogs and I understand eachother pretty well because I don't approach them like "There. You're trained. My work is over."

It is ongoing. They test and test and I tell them and show them that I'm in charge. The more I learn about the symbolism of my actions the better our relationships become. If I'm wishy washy they'll test me..if they see by my body language and hear in my voice that I'm clear in intention, they know and act accordingly. So it behooves me and them to just be a better, more balanced, clear soul in general. So I thank them for keeping me honest. The hoax idiots could learn so much from their AID's..those who actually have one and can therefore speak about them at all...

Happy and warm holidays everyone!!

Marina

I'm glad you mentioned that Cyndi, I was going to elaborate on my comment mentioning these dogs require discipline. It's not that my dog is a wild out-of-control dog. She's a very intelligent dog that needs stimulation, and needs to know what's OK and not OK. And tough love does work if you are consistent. They will test their boundaries, but really, I did that with my parents when I was a teenager so I can't really be too surprised :-)

Consistency and discipline - firm but loving discipline - is very important for this breed, just as you said. They are almost like children with their intelligence - you can't miss a trick with them or they'll take advantage of ya!! Great point, Michelle.

Thanks for writing Cyndi. And I love Vine Deloria!

It seems to me that the same kind of person who is unbalanced enough to put so much energy into lies and fabrication is the same who can't intuit how to discipline such an intelligent dog. My dogs and I understand eachother pretty well because I don't approach them like "There. You're trained. My work is over."

It is ongoing. They test and test and I tell them and show them that I'm in charge. The more I learn about the symbolism of my actions the better our relationships become. If I'm wishy washy they'll test me..if they see by my body language and hear in my voice that I'm clear in intention, they know and act accordingly. So it behooves me and them to just be a better, more balanced, clear soul in general. So I thank them for keeping me honest. The hoax idiots could learn so much from their AID's..those who actually have one and can therefore speak about them at all...

Happy and warm holidays everyone!!

Marina

Hi Marine

I sure love this quote of hers -it really speaks to me. I think you may have hit the nail on the head about some of these hoaxers - good insight!!

AMEN

not that i ever saw the ranch, but if i ever take a second dog, i would let it come from kim, no doubt about that, now i have become very suspicious about things lately, for good reasons, but not a single doubt in my mind about that, seen the last pups that arrived in holland, they looked great,healty and open to me, great looking puppies

those that doubt him, simply dont have a pup from him, go for another breed then anyway because a true aid ar to good for those people

gea

You're very right about that Gea. I'm very proud of my dog as many other

owners are. I enjoy every moment I spent with our AID and there is only

one man who we can thank for that and that's Kim. Without him I don't think

we could enjoy this beautiful , intelligent and healthy breed anymore.

Baigana is our first AID but he isn't our first dog. We never had a pup

that was so well socialized as Baigana at that age.

Every day I meet people who ask me about the breed and I really love to tell

them about the history of the AID and about Kim.

If the hoaxers who are having AI dogs would spent more energy in training their

dogs instead of spreading their lies maybe they would be happy owners too like most

of the owners are.

Marcel.

DSCF2381.JPG

Oh, Marcel! What a dog you have! That expression--so intense and profound. And you are right. The more you put in to one of these dogs, the more you get out of them.

You're very right about that Gea. I'm very proud of my dog as many other

owners are. I enjoy every moment I spent with our AID and there is only

one man who we can thank for that and that's Kim. Without him I don't think

we could enjoy this beautiful , intelligent and healthy breed anymore.

Baigana is our first AID but he isn't our first dog. We never had a pup

that was so well socialized as Baigana at that age.

Every day I meet people who ask me about the breed and I really love to tell

them about the history of the AID and about Kim.

If the hoaxers who are having AI dogs would spent more energy in training their

dogs instead of spreading their lies maybe they would be happy owners too like most

of the owners are.

Marcel.

wow marcel baingana has become such a beautifull dog, im sure you have lots of people that ask you about him, great, just explain to the world what a great dog an aid is

gea

100_0010.JPG100_0011.JPG100_0034.JPG

Hi Allison,

If we ever would take a second AID, it would definitly be one of Kim. Our Tokayla has stolen our hearts, she is as gently and beautiful as Kim promised us. She is now changing colour during the winter. Soon we will send some additional pictures. We agree all that Marcel has said.

She is always in to play and challenging us. Tokayla is not a scared or shy dog, as Kim advised we did go slow with her and that has been rewarded.

We did not need the proof of the pictures to beleave in Kim. When the puppies arrived and the way they behaved was proof enough.

Truus and Peter

hi truus en peter

is that baingana brother then, the one that arrived at the same time as him

beautifull dog he is

waren jullie ook op de laatse wandeling ,of niet, kan me niet meer herinneren

groetjes gea en kaya-kiani

hi truus en peter

is that baingana brother then, the one that arrived at the same time as him

beautifull dog he is

waren jullie ook op de laatse wandeling ,of niet, kan me niet meer herinneren

groetjes gea en kaya-kiani

Hi Gea and Kaya-kiani,

No this is Baingana's sister, she did arrive together with him.

Helaas konden we de laatste wandeling niet wegens een blessure van Peter. De volgende zijn we er zeker bij.

Groetjes

Truus

Hi Gea and Kaya-kiani,

No this is Baingana's sister, she did arrive together with him.

Helaas konden we de laatste wandeling niet wegens een blessure van Peter. De volgende zijn we er zeker bij.

Groetjes

Truus

sorry zusje dus, lijkt me leuk om jullie ook te zien, prachtige hond hoor

groetjes gea