• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 woodrat

woodrat

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:The dogs, photography, drawing, taxidermy, needle felting, hiking, dog behavior.

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:10 AM

What I wouldn't give to get her and Rune in a field together! Can never get over how similar they look.

#42 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:18 AM

Oh, Happy soon to be Birthday, Xochitl!! Wyot is approaching that mark too, and I still call him "baby" and "little boy", lol!! I LOVE the picture of her head over the table...that is a look I too, know well. What a beautiful pup she is, and much luck and congrats when you do find a home, and a baby brother for Xochitl.

#43 Nessa

Nessa

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sewing, Cooking, Willow, Family!

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:21 AM

She is so lovely! Hope we can schedule a visit/vacation to get the pups together!

"I don't want to see new things, I want to see things new."

#44 Kuschel

Kuschel

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Married to my best friend, Camping, Swimming, Hooping, Hiking, Bicycling, Tattoos, and Burning Man.

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:41 PM

What I wouldn't give to get her and Rune in a field together! Can never get over how similar they look.

That would be super awesome. It would be pretty interesting to get a really good look at how the males and females differ.

- @Nessa - I would love to see you sooner than later - are you planning something this way? Right now we're not planning anything that way with the dog in tow.

“And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

#45 Nessa

Nessa

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:13 PM

Not any time soon with Salem on the way. The soonest we will be in that area is probably next Yule, or even Summer '19 =/

#46 Kuschel

Kuschel

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Married to my best friend, Camping, Swimming, Hooping, Hiking, Bicycling, Tattoos, and Burning Man.

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:02 PM

A year has come and gone and Shaun and I find ourselves with the ability to purchase a house in Austin... so we did. And it is perfection. It backs up to a creek and most of the neighborhood is without gates. We're building a dog run, but the trails around the house and the neighbors don't mind pups meandering through. 

For the longest time we never had a job where we could afford a place here and just thought we would be priced out eventually - but things changed, we hustled, and we found ourselves our perfect place within city limits. If you want to check it out, head HERE.

But our pup is starting to settle. She is still a wild little thing that I think will settle over time, but she definitely needs someone to run and play with - so we're going to try get a puppy as soon as I can sell my scooter and Burning Man is over (September). A boy. An alpha. I hope to God more chill than she is. 

But here she is - the love of our lives. She is 15 months-ish, and 37lbs (lean and fast!) - she is starting to â€‹finally​ snuggle up with us and show her softer side. She simultaneously makes my heart leap with joy and drive me insane. If you have one of these pups, you understand. I will never own another breed. Challenging and satisfying. Quick and intelligent. When she nibbles a bit too hard and I yelp, she jumps into my lap and wraps her neck around mind and "arooooooos" me. I love her so.

Here are some recent-ish pics.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 9.46.56 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 9.47.16 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 9.47.26 PM.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 9.54.20 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 9.47.47 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 9.48.09 PM.png
  • Dog pic 3.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 9.48.53 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 9.49.13 PM.png

Edited by Kuschel, 14 December 2017 - 08:04 PM.

“And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.”

#47 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:34 AM

Thank you for the update. Well said!...describes our experience with Kaposia to a "T". If Xochitl is anything like our pup (now almost 3 years old) she will just become more and more intuitive and affectionate and cuddly. There's just nothing like it.
"A life ain't much of a life without a dog in it, s'what I always said."
Dan Gemeinhart, The Honest Truth

#48 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:48 AM

LOVE our dogs!!! They really all are some version or another of everything you said! Xochitil is absolutely beautiful!!

#49 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:50 AM

Oh! And congrats on the new house! Just clicked on the link....lovely and with a good sized yard...perfect!
"A life ain't much of a life without a dog in it, s'what I always said."
Dan Gemeinhart, The Honest Truth

#50 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7726 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:03 PM

I probably missed it, but would you please tell us again how to pronounce Xochitl?

Yeah, that is a good dog yard!  Congratulations.  Hard to fit that under a tree.  You must be thrilled.

Love the twisted sleeping pic with the legs up.  It is obviously a stressful, hard life for Xochitl.  :lol:

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#51 Nessa

Nessa

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:38 AM

She is so perfect. I LOVE your new house. We are currently looking at houses as well.  Once we are settled we are also sending out a deposit for another pup XD

#52 Kuschel

Kuschel

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:00 AM

I probably missed it, but would you please tell us again how to pronounce Xochitl?

Yeah, that is a good dog yard!  Congratulations.  Hard to fit that under a tree.  You must be thrilled.

Love the twisted sleeping pic with the legs up.  It is obviously a stressful, hard life for Xochitl.  :lol:

I am so in love with our soon-to-be new place. I also learned it already has two plants I wanted - tomatoes and jalapeños. Moving the tomato plants and I think that the dogs will learn quickly not to eat the jalapeños. :P 

As for how you pronounce it, think Sochi, like the Olympics. It is the easiest way to explain that one. :P

#53 Kuschel

Kuschel

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:01 AM

She is so perfect. I LOVE your new house. We are currently looking at houses as well.  Once we are settled we are also sending out a deposit for another pup XD

@Nessa - BWAHAHA! We shall have our army!

#54 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7726 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:35 PM

It is Aztec and pronounced "Soh-chee". Or, if you want to put the "L stop", "Soh-cheel". :)

I have to practice.  Love it!

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#55 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7726 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:37 PM

@Nessa - BWAHAHA! We shall have our army!

I can only imagine what you mean, but it sounds like fun.

--David Dunning

#56 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:45 AM

CONGRATS ON THE NEW PLACE!  IT LOOKS GREAT!!!!!

I'm near Austin once a year (depending on travel plans - sometimes a night in Austin - and try to see the bats - LOL) dogs with us.  Maybe we'll get to meet up sometime.

Coffey is going thru a boisterous barking phase.  I really hope it stops.  It could get us thrown out of hotels.  Luckily the neighbors aren't complaining.

Wow!  The windows in the house and the backyard view, and the stream!  HEAVEN!

#57 Eflemma

Eflemma

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, working around the cabin, anything outdoors, and all of it with my son Eddie

Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

A year has come and gone and Shaun and I find ourselves with the ability to purchase a house in Austin... so we did. And it is perfection. It backs up to a creek and most of the neighborhood is without gates. We're building a dog run, but the trails around the house and the neighbors don't mind pups meandering through. 

For the longest time we never had a job where we could afford a place here and just thought we would be priced out eventually - but things changed, we hustled, and we found ourselves our perfect place within city limits. If you want to check it out, head HERE.

But our pup is starting to settle. She is still a wild little thing that I think will settle over time, but she definitely needs someone to run and play with - so we're going to try get a puppy as soon as I can sell my scooter and Burning Man is over (September). A boy. An alpha. I hope to God more chill than she is. 

But here she is - the love of our lives. She is 15 months-ish, and 37lbs (lean and fast!) - she is starting to â€‹finally​ snuggle up with us and show her softer side. She simultaneously makes my heart leap with joy and drive me insane. If you have one of these pups, you understand. I will never own another breed. Challenging and satisfying. Quick and intelligent. When she nibbles a bit too hard and I yelp, she jumps into my lap and wraps her neck around mind and "arooooooos" me. I love her so.

Here are some recent-ish pics.

Hey, just to let you know that you have an AID neighbor here in Center Point, TX...about 2.5 hours from Austin. We have a 5 month old AID named Mo. He's loving the TX Hill Country and the wide open space life.

#58 NorCal

NorCal

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:travel yoga hiking gardens family DOGS and water and my new buddy Zuni Blue

Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:02 PM

Hey, just to let you know that you have an AID neighbor here in Center Point, TX...about 2.5 hours from Austin. We have a 5 month old AID named Mo. He's loving the TX Hill Country and the wide open space life.

we need more space maybe we'll join that army!!

#59 Eflemma

Eflemma

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, working around the cabin, anything outdoors, and all of it with my son Eddie

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:28 AM

we need more space maybe we'll join that army!!

well, there's lots of space! Country, country, country, and more beautiful country...more deer than people.

#60 Kuschel

Kuschel

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

Took one of my favorite pics of our pup ever and had to share here. :)

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 4.28.32 PM.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users