Update On Kaposia

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7726 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:31 PM

Yum,...erasers...

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#42 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:51 AM

Merry Christmas!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

Edited by LakeGirl, 19 December 2017 - 11:00 AM.

"A life ain't much of a life without a dog in it, s'what I always said."
Dan Gemeinhart, The Honest Truth

#43 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:26 AM

Took Kaposia for her December "pawdicure" and to pick out some toys for Christmas. The paws down favorite? A "Barks" root beer squeeky bottle! (Just needs to figure out which end is up.)

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

#44 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2283 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:08 PM

:wub: So beautiful and little. I think Cake might have grown again in response to Fenris. She's a giant. What happened?! :ph34r:

#45 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

Yes, Kaposia will be 3 in March and has topped out at 35 pounds. When Kim interviewed us to get on the list he knew we needed a smaller dog with a medium energy level, and that is exactly what Kaposia is....so perfect for us. I'm so amazed over and over again how Kim made this perfect match. Waiting to hear stories from the "newbies" on the list as they receive their pups and they grow as family together. Hope we have many more new active posters on the forum.

#46 Chinatola

Chinatola

Liliko'i & Kekona's Padre

• 1157 posts
  • Interests:Multiple business owner, father of two grown children, guitarist, amateur astronomer & husband of 30 years to my wonderful Julie Ann. Oh yeah...absolutely nuts about dogs!!

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:02 PM

We should try to get Kaposia, Kekona & Liliko'i together in 2018.  I'm in Lisle.

Chinatola

Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

--- Daniel Burnham

#47 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:25 AM

Good to hear from you again Chinatola! It would be great to get the dogs together for some play time!

#48 Chinatola

Chinatola

• 1157 posts
  • Interests:Multiple business owner, father of two grown children, guitarist, amateur astronomer & husband of 30 years to my wonderful Julie Ann. Oh yeah...absolutely nuts about dogs!!

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

I'm game....How do you want to handle this?

By the way, we're headed to Sherab's place for Memorial Day for our annual AID time....FYI.

(Sorry about the long time between posts....busy busy busy.  Hit me up at chris@airfloeq.com)

Chinatola

Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

--- Daniel Burnham

#49 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2283 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:23 AM

Lake Girl you are more than welcome to join us Memorial day week end.

#50 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:30 AM

Thank you so much! Will contact you for particulars and what we can contribute!

#51 Chinatola

Chinatola

• 1157 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:37 AM

In the meantime, whereabouts are you guys?  We're in Dupage and frequent the Dupage dog park circuit regularly...let's a make a plan.

Chinatola

--- Daniel Burnham

#52 nrrosque

nrrosque

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:My husky Remi is looking forward to getting an AI brother!

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:44 AM

Took Kaposia for her December "pawdicure" and to pick out some toys for Christmas. The paws down favorite? A "Barks" root beer squeeky bottle! (Just needs to figure out which end is up.)

What a cutie!

#53 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:54 AM

Anyone had an issue with siezures? 5:00AM today heard Kaposia vomiting, only a tiny amount, she then ran downstairs and was found lying on her side, shaking, with her feet "paddling." Only lasted briefly, no loss of urine or stool. Off to the emergency vet. Check-up, abdominal x-rays, blood work. Nothing abnormal. They said it could be a one-off incident, or it may repeat. Watchful waiting....

#54 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:32 AM

Well, here goes...confessions of bad puppy parents. We all know chocolate, salt, grapes, and onions are bad for dogs. Walnuts and pecans...not so much. There was a piece of walnut in Kaposia's vomitus this morning which got me thinking and researching. Turns out walnuts and pecans can develop a mold on them that is neurotoxic to dogs causing SIEZURES. Kaposia is three and a half years old, and not often...rarely...if we're eating walnuts or pecans, we'll give her just a couple. Never a problem until today...she must have gotten a moldy one. No more nuts. The emergency vet just called with the radiology report on the x-rays...all clear. I ran my thoughts on the walnut by the reporting vet, and he said, "Could very well be, just watch her and get back to us if there's any more vomiting or siezures. So far she seems fine again, hope it's over. Talk about guilt!!!!! Confessing this and putting it out there so nobody else makes this mistake.

#55 NorCal

NorCal

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:travel yoga hiking gardens family DOGS and water and my new buddy Zuni Blue

Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:11 AM

wow i had no idea about nuts...so very glad she is ok...that must have been very scary . Food poison is a fear for zuni since he will consume nearly anything he finds on the floor and he has a very good nose.

#56 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 03:06 PM

Yes, anything that hits the floor is fair game. More than once I've scrambled around the kitchen floor after dropping one of our vitamins in the morning. Thank goodness for the Internet and reliable sources to research our questions. Kaposia actually got one of my B12 tabs once...turns out dogs need all the B vitamins also, and there was no harm.

#57 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:07 AM

Oh, my how terrible and scary that must have been! Glad Kaposia is ok....oh, the floor scrounging!!! I find that hubby is a messy coffee pourer, and before grinding the beans, some invariably land on the floor...I rush to get them before Kitchee can get to them. He's a hyper dog without caffeine- IMAGINE?? There are things they simply don't find appetizing....Wyot instantly feels whatever it is he ate does not sit well (can't watch them all the time, and they find things they shouldn't have, lol!), and eats and eats grass until he vomits. Kitchee is NOT like that, so I am a bit more vigilant. (remember the story of the whole bar of soap he ate????!!) Don't beat yourself up- no such thing as bad puppy parents- you love them and always think you are doing your best- we live and learn!

#58 nrrosque

nrrosque

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:My husky Remi is looking forward to getting an AI brother!

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:01 AM

So glad she is okay! I used to have a Husky with epilepsy and it is so scary watching them go through a seizure - especially the first time it happens!!

Hopefully it was just caused by the nuts and only a one time thing!

#59 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3350 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:11 AM

Seizures are never good. They can take a lot out of both human and canine. It's a very helpless feeling knowing there is nothing that can be done during the seizure but watch. Its heart breaking to see. I hope this is just a one time episode. Keep a close watch. Sending you all good wishes.
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users