• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Rik

Rik

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:fishing, mycology,gardening,sci-fi,photography,meditation, kenpo,retired.

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:43 PM

I just sent out my down payment  for another puppy 

#22 Kuschel

Kuschel

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Married to my best friend, Camping, Swimming, Hooping, Hiking, Bicycling, Tattoos, and Burning Man.

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

We picked up Xochitl at 7 weeks from SDK after flying into Portland and then drove 3.5 days back to Austin and had a great time bonding with our pup.

And while it was an experience of a lifetime, I think the next pup will be shipped. 38 hours is harrowing. :o

“And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

#23 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:55 AM

Great!   Your first is almost 3 yrs old now, yes?

Good time - she can be a good role model!!!!!!

#24 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2211 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:29 AM

We shipped Waki and it was a very long flight for his little bladder. He turned out fine. Cake flew in the first class cabin. If you can cash in your frequent fliers, now is the time. She did cry in the airport and in the rental car and the hotel but was fine on the flight where she was not observed to be on Scott's lap during the flight because first class. She was fine as long as she was being held, which included finding a sub optimal place in the car to ride. Having a second person in the car to supervise the pup would be a plus. Also recently flew United and South West this year. SW are much nicer and let people be people. United not so much.

#25 Melissa

Melissa

• IIDOBA Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:06 PM

To those of you who are (rightfully) concerned about the surfaced you relieve your unvaccinated puppies on; instead of worrying but still rolling the dice consider the option of laying down some sort of barrier-newspaper, cardboard, towels ect. I like to travel with a 3ft. Exercise pen I can set up around an area that I've laid down a barrier. Just an idea.
The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. Mahatma Gandhi

#26 Rik

Rik

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:fishing, mycology,gardening,sci-fi,photography,meditation, kenpo,retired.

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:25 PM

20170912_221946.jpg

Chief Joseph is doing well 

#27 susiepetoskey

susiepetoskey

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors; ATVing, snowmobiling, skiing, skating, hiking, traveling, scuba diving, swimming. My absolute loves are my seven grandchildren ages 1 to 14 and all the joy they bring.

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:27 PM

I flew December 2016 with my baby girl, Mishe Mokwa. We flew from Portland, OR to Detroit, MI on Delta. I think I paid $100.00 to have her as my carry on. She had to be in a pet carrier that fits under the seat. Delta requires pups be 10 weeks old. Mishe Mokwa was only 9 weeks. I had a moment of panic that the Delta attendant wouldn't let us fly. I begged 'Tis the season' and he gave me my boarding pass. That was the worse of it. Mishe Mokwa was an angle. No accidents, no whining or crying, absolutely perfect. I'd definitely fly again with a pup. Just double check the airline requirements. (I had checked Delta's but over looked 10 weeks old). I brought pads ( didn't use them), 2 baby receiving blankets, dog toy stuffed bear, chewing puppy bone, puppy snacks, collapsable bowl for water, collar, leash, and airport approved carrier. Hope that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users