Photo

Little Bird X Tonto (2017 Summer Litter)

Little Bird Tonto Pups

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 672 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:01 PM

Kim La Flamme and Song Dog Kennels is happy to announce the arrival of a litter of puppies from Little Bird X Tonto.  Little Bird and her pups are all doing well.  Stay tuned for more information and pictures.

Little Bird     Little Bird.jpg     Tonto     Tonto.jpg

#2 Felix

Felix

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Tattoos, Art, Photography, Cosplay, Sewing, Puppies, Kitties, Family

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:04 PM

I think I just died and went straight to heaven  :wub:
Chepis mom with my favorite stud! 

*Faints*

What a dream! Wouldn't it be wonderful for her to have a literal brother or sister packmate :wub:

Edited by Felix, 01 August 2017 - 09:06 PM.

#3 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:28 AM

Ooohhhh ! I can't wait to see pics of these pups, too! Hope everyone is doing well!

#4 sschenck

sschenck

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, horses, chickens, goats, primates, every other animal, nature, music, books, my family and my Lord Christ Jesus!

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:36 PM

Felix, thats how I fell about Shania"s x Flints puppies... Shania is my Kai's full sister (different litter) and Flint is my other dog Jesse's dad! Is 3 Indians too many for one home? I think not !! :)

#5 Felix

Felix

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Tattoos, Art, Photography, Cosplay, Sewing, Puppies, Kitties, Family

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:31 PM

Felix, thats how I fell about Shania"s x Flints puppies... Shania is my Kai's full sister (different litter) and Flint is my other dog Jesse's dad! Is 3 Indians too many for one home? I think not !! :)

It's literally all I have been able to think about since this was posted :wub:

Edited by Felix, 02 August 2017 - 08:31 PM.

#6 Felix

Felix

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:34 PM

Also, never too many until you have a sled dog team! Hahah

#7 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2211 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:55 AM

Felix my thoughts exactly!

#8 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3285 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:50 PM

In my opinion, three is absolutely NOT enough. Got three and want more. :D They each have developed their own "security" job. It's pretty interesting watching them delegate within the pack.  One takes watch on the wild life in the neighborhood..."Tolinka," one takes watch on the human life in the neighborhood..."Two Step," and the youngest watches after me...."Rain."  She never leaves my side when I am home.  Fortunately she doesn't have anxiety when I leave.  
xoxo my pups

Edited by miz molly, 05 August 2017 - 03:55 PM.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#9 Felix

Felix

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:53 PM

In my opinion, three is absolutely NOT enough. Got three and want more. :D They each have developed their own "security" job. It's pretty interesting watching them deligate within the pack.  One takes watch on the wild life in the neighborhood, one takes watch on the human life in the neighborhood, and the youngest watches after me.  Never leaves my side when I am home.  Fortunately she doesn't have anxiety when I leave.  
Great canines these AIdogs are.

I wouldn't mind having three myself :wub:

#10 sschenck

sschenck

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, horses, chickens, goats, primates, every other animal, nature, music, books, my family and my Lord Christ Jesus!

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

I've been thinking about training my two to pull a sulky. I'm researching to see if just the two of them would be strong enough. I think they would be but having one more to the team would be even better, I'd like to add a girl! My Jesse boy (almost 7 months old) is an active handful though so at the moment adding another puppy would freak my family out. :)

#11 Felix

Felix

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

Yeah but if you get on this list now he will be a year or almost a year by the time you get a call  ;)

*enabler* 

Edited by Felix, 05 August 2017 - 08:52 PM.

#12 woodrat

woodrat

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:The dogs, photography, drawing, taxidermy, needle felting, hiking, dog behavior.

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:27 AM

My two pull a dog sled (and really it's just one that does the pulling)! So yes, no doubt two can pull a sulky :) Do it! It's so much fun!

I've come to the conclusion that I need more dogs, though. I'm totally hooked on dog powered sports. I need a sled dog team. Of AIdogs. Then maybe my life will be complete.

#13 sschenck

sschenck

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:22 AM

Thanks woodrat! How old were your dogs when you started training to pull? I spoke with a lady who makes sulkys and she said one dog can pull 3x their weight. Do your dogs love pulling? I was just watching my dogs moving around yesterday and thought to myself that my puppy Jesse would be the stronger puller, he's confident and self assured. My Kai, who is the more tender and sensitive would just go along to please me I think. It's exciting to think about doing this! :)

#14 Felix

Felix

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:31 AM

My two pull a dog sled (and really it's just one that does the pulling)! So yes, no doubt two can pull a sulky :) Do it! It's so much fun!

I've come to the conclusion that I need more dogs, though. I'm totally hooked on dog powered sports. I need a sled dog team. Of AIdogs. Then maybe my life will be complete.

Yes and we will live vicariously through you

#15 Felix

Felix

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:32 AM

I can't wait to see photos of this litter, it's all I can think about!

#16 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:24 AM

never enough!  LOL! :D 

When I get in position for one - it will make three AI Dogs!

Molly has 3, and Meadow's family has a bunch too!

#17 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

Woodrat you GO for it!!!!!!!

I love watching your mushing videos!   :wub: 

We found out Coffey has arthritis :(   (probably from his puppy injuries - he managed to do himself just running, not fetch or anything).  His hips are sometimes sensitive so will have to get them X-rayed when we can to make sure it is self-induced injury arthritis.

Urban mush training stopped as Coffey is the real puller and Tayamni not as much.

#18 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 672 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:16 AM

Little Bird X Tonto puppies.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170808_115446.jpg
  • 20170808_115450.jpg

#19 Samie

Samie

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

They are all so adorable!!! I really wish I could take my pup now and not have to wait until January :(

#20 Felix

Felix

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:57 AM

:wub: Oh my goodness I need one so bad! All these puppies it is all too exciting for me. They're so beautiful 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Little Bird, Tonto, Pups

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users