Photo

Meet Zuni Blue!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 380 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:03 PM

Ayita will be 3 in September and had a little hip trouble recently. She had to stay inside. She loves soft white things, always has. Just when I thought it was safe  :o

Attached Thumbnails

• The Pillow.JPG

Edited by Carolyn, 15 July 2016 - 03:04 PM.

"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#22 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7666 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:19 AM

Soft white things...very funny.  Is that one of your nice pillows?

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#23 Carolyn

Carolyn

Advanced Member

• 380 posts
  • Interests:Getting used to retirement...looking at the world a whole new way...

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:26 AM

This was an extra pillow we use for the hammock...

"When Man waked up he said, 'What is Wild Dog doing here?' and the Woman said, 'His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always.' "  Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book) 

#24 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:10 AM

Great picture!    :)

Heyy ---- It just edited the sentence I wrote ..... oh well .... Ayita looks like she's in heaven! or the clouds and not a care in the world!

Edited by Denise E., 18 July 2016 - 09:12 AM.

#25 NorCal

NorCal

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:travel yoga hiking gardens family DOGS and water and my new buddy Zuni Blue

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:04 PM

IMG_5836.jpg 15 weeks today!! Zuni is a great pup but we still don't have our 3rd round of shots and really can't wait to get out in the world!! We have gone around the block a couple of times and next week we start some puppy training so maybe we'll have some good tips to share. We have tried time outs when the nipping gets a little rough (mostly at the end of day just before pass out) and I've only stuck him in the little playpen area for two or three minutes a couple of times and he seems to be getting the idea that rough play is not allowed. I so wish i had another dog for him to play with -I have taken him to doggie day care twice where he chews on other dogs for 5 hours and he is POOPed when i pick him up. I have fed him raw chicken with bones a couples of times and he always barks at it for a few minutes to make sure its dead. He's really sweet and funny. He likes the himalayan chews but just so-so and loves the flirt pole that someone recommended. Thanks for all the great tips!! 24LBs by the way--wow! IMG_5826.jpg IMG_5874.jpg IMG_5515.jpg

#26 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:30 AM

Time flies!  He is getting big  :)

I hadn't heard of a flirt pole, thanks for mentioning it!

The Himalayan yak treats may last a week or two.  I found them good for teething.

Now that Tayamni is older she devours it quickly so I just give her once in a while. 

#27 NorCal

NorCal

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:travel yoga hiking gardens family DOGS and water and my new buddy Zuni Blue

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:48 AM

that idea is from Tamarack and Rune's mom.... any toy on a string works...Are the himalayans you get really really hard??

Edited by NorCal, 12 August 2016 - 10:49 AM.

#28 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:My AIDog Chhaya...herbs, gardening, the outdoors.

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:50 AM

I like that you put 2 months then three months when you took the picture...great idea!

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

#29 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:29 AM

that idea is from Tamarack and Rune's mom.... any toy on a string works...Are the himalayans you get really really hard??

Yes they are.

My dog loves to BURY their Bully sticks to marinate for a while before eating, and I got tired of scratching bed sheets and pillow cases (when they are in the house) - so I found something I call a Yacky POP. (I think it's called a Yaky Top.  A combination of Yak treat and bully stick, looks like a popsicle!

Tayamni eats the Yak part first and I guess the bully stick gets chewed on during initial eating - so she's not trying to dig a hole in my bed.  I find the bully stick part in with her stuffed animals on the bed if she hasn't eaten it.

Much better than buying new bed sheets all the time or sewing up holes!

Attached Thumbnails

• Yaky Top_.jpg

#30 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7666 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:05 PM

You guys are scaring me.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#31 NorCal

NorCal

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 09:54 AM

We reached 5 months

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_6316 (1).jpg

#32 maria

maria

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:My AIDog Chhaya...herbs, gardening, the outdoors.

Posted 23 September 2016 - 03:59 AM

Denise, Chhaya loves to "make the bed" too! Lol...we've replaced bedspreads and sheets many a time. Oh, also the corners of pillows seem to get chewed up too  :)

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

-Ancient Indian Proverb-

#33 Rickstefani

Rickstefani

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Hiking. Mnt biking. Jeeps. Search and rescue

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:17 AM

Getting Handsome!  

#34 NorCal

NorCal

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:46 PM

Maybe time for an update on little Zuni....(no more) This has been a wild ride and while I have had many dogs he is the first male dog I have raised from a pup..wow ...mothers of all teenaged boys have my total respect ( I have 3 girls) We love him to bits he is a great dog while at the same time being a goober knucklehead! He is very alert and protective definitely a guys dog...will eat anything whether edible or not and loves just hanging out in the dirt out back. Friendly to all dogs and humans alike and relaxed in most all situations. He's a bit of a talker... almost 11 months and turns heads wherever we go altho i hear coyote on a leash a little too often.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_7575.jpg
  • IMG_7492.jpg
  • IMG_0420.jpg

#35 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7666 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:13 PM

Another talker!

--David Dunning

#36 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:35 PM

Maybe time for an update on little Zuni....(no more) This has been a wild ride and while I have had many dogs he is the first male dog I have raised from a pup..wow ...mothers of all teenaged boys have my total respect ( I have 3 girls) We love him to bits he is a great dog while at the same time being a goober knucklehead! He is very alert and protective definitely a guys dog...will eat anything whether edible or not and loves just hanging out in the dirt out back. Friendly to all dogs and humans alike and relaxed in most all situations. He's a bit of a talker... almost 11 months and turns heads wherever we go altho i hear coyote on a leash a little too often.

LOL!!! I think Wyot, being my first male dog, is following in Zuni's footsteps! Oh that last picture...I just picked up all Wyot's toy stuffing not half an hour ago (almost time to sleep), it took a month (longer than most of the other toys he's had)..but it was a 94 cent toy from Walmart...he definitely talks, and if I play a child's xylophone, he howls, talks, and jumps all over the place- it's a riot!!!

#37 NorCal

NorCal

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

I thought Id use this old thread to post some recent photos....its been an up and down year and a few but we decided to u turn and try some agility...and he loves it especially the tunnel oh and the treats oh and the other pups..... just some photos to share... what a good boy!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2759.JPG
  • IMG_2782.JPG
  • IMG_2796.JPG

#38 NorCal

NorCal

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:06 PM

one more --so handsome!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2763.jpg

#39 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

Beautiful!!

Edited by KittynDoc, 31 July 2017 - 03:28 PM.

#40 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 672 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:02 PM

Great pictures of Zuni in action on the course.  He looks as if he is happy, as I am sure you are as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users