Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Hi all!

This popped up on my facebook newsfeed and after rewatching decided I needed to reshare this funny yet educational video about service dogs and how people should react around them.

https://youtu.be/U9PqaaIBjq0

I hope everyone is having a great summer. For you northerners, please enjoy the weather for me. Today isn't bad but it has been a miserable 100 degrees lately and only going to get worse.

-Samie

• Like 2

FUNNY! And so true. It's a service dog, the jacket SAYS "Do not pet." Dogs are so endearing to humans it's like an emotional magnet, but, "Do not pet!"

With the exception of one brief heat wave, we are having a nice cool summer so far...raining at just the right times. Flowers are looking good. Wish we could send you a nice cool breeze.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

He's hilarious, but the comments from Stella really steal the show.

FUNNY! And so true. It's a service dog, the jacket SAYS "Do not pet." Dogs are so endearing to humans it's like an emotional magnet, but, "Do not pet!"

With the exception of one brief heat wave, we are having a nice cool summer so far...raining at just the right times. Flowers are looking good. Wish we could send you a nice cool breeze.

Those flowers are gorgeous! What kind are they?

They're hollyhocks. I started them from seed. You generally don't get flowers until the second year. These have been coming up for me for about 5 years now. Sometimes they'll die out after a few years, but they're easy to grow, very hardy, and best of all, non toxic to dogs. In fact, all parts of the plant are medicinal. Kaposia once dug up some hollyhock roots in early spring and ate them...no ill effects. She hasn't done that since that one time.

• Like 2

LOL! but unfortunately true! Many people also don't understand there are different kinds of trained service dogs.

I watched a couple of his Vlogs and will watch some more. If I posted like that people would BOOO me but he is able to make a point and not put people off.... mostly ....

I wonder if a message would fit on the vest ..... "ignore unless emergency" . A lot of people still would try to pet or get the dogs attention :(

• Like 1

Here's the Law in Washington State for interfering with a service animal. https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.91.170

I was able to have an amendment approved which will go into effect next week. This law now extends to service dogs in training.

• Like 3

That is a great amendment!

This law unless grossly abused, unfortunately it is hard to practically have enforced.

By the time the cops arrive the 'perp' has already disturbed the service dog or service dog in training and is long gone. :o

I know this is a serious issue along with the abusers who say their dog is in training and they are using retractable leashes and letting their dog run up to other people. :huh:

Good work you are doing in Washington State and hope your service dog training is going well!!!!!

• Like 1

The main reason I asked for this amendment is to protect the service dogs in training from the trainers who choose to use violence to train the dogs with i.e., using a choke prong collar and lifiting the dog in the air by the leash attaced to that collar and then shaking the crap out of the dog by the neck, spraying the dog with vinegar.

• Like 1