• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:13 PM

Just wondering if anyone else has had their  AI dog have frequent hiccups? Wyot has had them the last few days, on and off...and I thought maybe it was drinking water too fast, then running...but he wakes after a nap with them too. Probably nothing to worry about, but, still, just thought I'd ask... :huh:

#2 Jon and Gail

Jon and Gail

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, backpacking, running, hunting, kayaking.

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:23 PM

Arya use to get the hiccups frequently. Not so much anymore. She hasn't had them in awhile. I'm sure Wyot will outgrow them. 

#3 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2299 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:45 AM

Alas it is a puppy thing. Love those goofy sweet hiccups. Better record it now.

#4 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:23 AM

:)  :)

#5 Kodi

Kodi

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:16 PM

Fenris had them frequently from the 2 - 6 month age, but they seemed to have stopped for the most part at almost 7 months now.  We called them growth Spurts cause it seemed like he was growing with each hiccup :)

#6 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:19 AM

Fenris had them frequently from the 2 - 6 month age, but they seemed to have stopped for the most part at almost 7 months now.  We called them growth Spurts cause it seemed like he was growing with each hiccup :)

I love this explanation, lol!!! He is growing, it seems...legs first, so he can leap tall buildings in a single bound.......!!!!!! :P

#7 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1671 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:34 PM

Yep. Both Ai pups had the "puppycups"!

#8 BeachWolf

BeachWolf

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:49 AM

Zola has/had hiccups frequently, they sort of seem to be lessening. I thought it was because of the worms but she still gets them. 

#9 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7760 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 25 December 2016 - 06:44 AM

All my pups have had the hiccups.  It's endearing, now.  Nothing to worry about.

Puppycups......funny.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#10 Brittany&Cody

Brittany&Cody

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:00 PM

Kajika gets hiccups too, they are so cute :) my 16 month old son always got hiccups in the womb and outside and he still does every few days lol and I get them too still but they annoy the crap out of me when I do get them once a month or so.

#11 Brittany&Cody

Brittany&Cody

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:00 PM

Kajika gets hiccups too, they are so cute :) my 16 month old son always got hiccups in the womb and outside and he still does every few days lol and I get them too still but they annoy the crap out of me when I do get them once a month or so.

#12 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7760 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:48 PM

my 16 month old son always got hiccups in the womb 

I can't imagine this.  How did you stop laughing?

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#13 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:39 PM

All three of our kids had hiccups in utero...strange sensation indeed! And funny!
"A life ain't much of a life without a dog in it, s'what I always said."
Dan Gemeinhart, The Honest Truth

#14 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:09 AM

LOL!!! How well I remember the in utero hiccups with both my kids! Wyot's hiccups have lessened, but I love when he gets them- so cute! It usually happens after some running around and drinking water too fast....or, he's sleeping and I hear it clearly from the other room... :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users