Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Ayita's Excellent Adventures

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The deck affords a good under cover view of squirrel, quail, turkey and bug land.

All a part of growing up...

No, really, there IS a ball in this tree. I know because mom threw it there    

Posted Images

Very sweet girl, happy birthday.

Happy Birthday Lil!

Hope all your good wishes came true!

• 3 months later...

A few pics of Ayita in the snow. More than she's used to and she works hard to get through it, and find the good stuff under it.

IMG_4081.JPG

IMG_4085.JPG

IMG_4087.JPG

IMG_4088.JPG

Edited by Carolyn
  • Like 6

She put on a couple of pounds and her coat is thicker this winter. The snow is light and fluffy. We're supposed to get a big rain and wash it all away.

This (slightly blurry) pic was taken before it got too deep.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Edited by Carolyn
  • Like 4

LOLOLOLOL...that's hilarious. We have a ball hound in Lili too....nothing else matters when it's "Play BALL!"

And Nita is Casey at the bat.That's what she does with the ball

• 2 months later...

Ayita trained us not to worry when she chased the chickens, pinned them down, squeezed their necks and generally ruffled their feathers.Guess she was trying to herd them. Now she knows to "put the chickens away" and everyone is on the same page.

DSCN0323.JPG

DSCN0314-001.JPG

• Like 2

Those are some very large chickens!

• 1 year later...

Five year update! Happy Birthday today Ayita! Thank you Kim for the sweetest girl. Here is a picture of her with my 4 year old great granddaughter. They met for the first time this same day.

Image 9-6-18 at 2.16 PM.jpg

• Like 4

Happy birthday. My how time flys.

• 3 months later...

While watching NBC Nightly News tonight, I was surprised by a beautiful story about a group named Ayita, which means first to dance...get a tissue...

To help her daughter pursue her passion for dance, Sami Gibson founded Ayita— a dance team for children who glide and spin in their wheelchairs, delighting their parents with their amazing grace.

[url="https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/dance-group-brings-joy-to-girls-in-wheelchairs-1419394627871"

Edited by Carolyn
  • Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, little Ayita is having another adventure--a very sad one this time. She was diagnosed with autoimmune disease last week. It seems to be attacking her joints and we think causing the dry eye problem we've had for about a year. Severe symptoms came on very suddenly and it took a week to perform all of the tests and get the results. She's on prednisone now and feeling better, although still very weak. Looking back at her chart, she has always had some intermittent lameness--since she was maybe 2 or so--she's 5 1/2 in March. Tests & X-rays have never shown any problems with the hips. We have fought with dry eye for the last year. Meds help it go away only to return with a vengeance. Ayita and I are getting really good with eye drops and ointments.

Anyway, keeping a close eye on her now. Grinding up her prednisone and pain med in a little peanut butter. Sounds like it will take a little while to get the prednisone dialed in to her particular issues.

I have much confidence in my vet(s). There's a team of 3 of them working with us now, including a veterinarian opthamologist.

So that's my story. Kim is already aware of this.

Carolyn, sorry to hear the news. Glad you have confidence in the Vets! Hope Ayita feels better soon! :blink:

It's really hard to see our loved ones in pain. I know you are doing the most you can to help Ayita get better fast!

• Like 2