Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Meet !cake!

Why yes, Miss Tara and Mr Shiva are both elderly GSDs. They were bigger but have shrunk with age so Cake would have looked even smaller a few years ago.

Joyous, I saw your post on Aquene. Yes in many ways 4 dogs is easier. She has brought real balance to our pack. Both our elderly dogs enjoy watching the babies play w/o having to be a part of it. They seem to nap deeper. Also Shiva gets to be the grand old man and let his inner trickster out. Cake mostly hunts, stocks and chases Waki while Waki tries to play fetch. In the past Waki would direct too much energy at Shiva and unfortunately he's faster than my old boy. Now Shiva uses Cake (or should I say takes advantage of her point of focus) to really participate and have a good time then rest when he needs it. But no we aren't over the shock of her. It's not yet like she's been ours forever. We are too aware of the good she is doing to make our home balanced.

Aquene is gorgeous as a nearly grown pup. I wondered if Cake would end up looking like your girl, Two step (I think Tolinka looked too different as a pup - Miz M posted a pup picture and he had a really strong cross mask and she's got a widows peak) or how she'd turn out.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saved a few of my kids' teeth, each in their own medicine bags.   Jasper's has his teeth, a piece of jasper (of course), a small Jay feather, a piece of kyanite, and a piece of turquoise. K'ne'

Hi, everyone, this is Deb Merchant, Lucy's human as of Aug 23. I posted how excited I was when we brought her home, but could not get a photo up. She was 8 weeks old when we got her, and got to drive

Quote Kim Laflamme  

Posted Images

Julie & I were just talking about your four dogs and the impact of a pack that size on the house. Never considered it from a pack balance standpoint. Good points. Glad things are working out well.....keep them videos and pictures coming.

PS. I'd swear that Lili is over 30 Lbs now. Porker! Will find out next week when both her and OLP® for their annuals.

:wub: I just love these puppy shots....I love even more knowing that these little guys turn into the most incredible canines ever to put their paws on this earth. Enjoy and keep those photos coming. :D

Our ten and a half week old Abaiya will not stop growing. At the vet yesterday she was 14.4 pounds!!

Sherab, I think our girls do look a lot alike. Aquene seems to have lost a lot of the red, though. Now she is almost a tan dog, with more of the black-tipped guard hairs becoming prevalent. She has kept the white chest, however. I like how she's such a young lady all of a sudden. It's lovely. The picture of her on the carpet is from about a month ago, and the one at the beach is more recent. You can see what I mean about the coloring. She blows me away every time I see her watching me from our window seat when I am arriving home. It's hard to believe she's real. :) I look forward to watching your pup grow into a young lady too. I sometimes call Aquene by the name "String Bean" on account of her long, glorious legs and lean torso. Perhaps Cake should go by "Red Velvet." :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Joyous, yes that carpet shot really captures the golden faun with slight black fuzz look. In that last eye shot if you squint you can see the long brown hair and the long white hair coming in on her mask, just like that little diamond on her tail - which now goes down from middle to tail tip. I wish I could catch how beautiful and shiny the fur is. I hope she is as elegant as Aquene when all grown up.

I'm sure that if I moved to get the camera, Cake would stop wagging her tail in her sleep. Baby Girl is 3 months old. At this pace of growth she may tower over Waki.

whoslittle.jpg

Oh is this YOUR spot? ohisthisyourspot.jpg

OK I'm moving. Really. okucanhaveit.jpg

Closest so far at catching the white and brown. It's like she now has some other dog's tail. Still can't catch the shine.

whiteandbrown.jpg

Who sneaked into the pantry and stole the new lion and made her own Pride?Pride.jpg

Iwanttobelikeu.jpg

Happy B day Lili and Waki. Actually I can't remember which day between the 7th and the 10th it is. Isn't that terrible? No pix this morning since he had a special bday dinner and is laying on his side with a full belly. Plus Cake is going through a slightly more assertive, less puppy like phase so we have in this corner stubborn with stolen rabbit toy in box (that was denied us earlier complete with dis-embodied growls) and in that Le Grande Pout with HER hoof that we snuck off with (does this Cake make me ego look big?). But what's this? She just barked and invited him in and they are now both in the box. Barking and rolling about. Now they've come out and are posturing again. Shiva has had enough bickering. He's positioned his hulk between the two of them. Oh, ok we can behave. Kids.

• Like 1

Birthday boy making a face because it's 14 F and he needs a coat since he hasn't hardened off yet. birthdayboy.jpg

Cake wearing Shiva's collar. Too cold for Cakes.

Shivasbells.jpg

bridge.jpg

It's the seventh. Miss Liliko'i sends her regards and many happy returns.

• Like 1