Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Niki X Rowdy

Niki has had two pups, and Kim is out in the whelping kennel, now, helping her.

I'll let you know as soon as possible, Sire, number of pups, etc., etc.

She is on the second breeders page--a beautiful gal.

Breeder's page 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday was Wicca's 4th Birthday.... We had a great family day.   Happy Birthday litter-mates where ever you are..   (A Draco & Wicca update coming soon.)

This is Willow two days after we picked her up from the airport   This is right after New Years   This was about 3 weeks ago.     They change drastically, and rapidly; keep your camera rea

Niki X Rowdy (Rogue's Rowdy) 8 pups. All happy and healthy.   More news soon.   Hooray! Congratulations to all of us, and especially you people on the waiting list!

Posted Images

Niki X Rowdy (Rogue's Rowdy) 8 pups. All happy and healthy.

More news soon.

Hooray! Congratulations to all of us, and especially you people on the waiting list!

• Like 2

Wow. Joan and I are somewhere on the waiting list. What if one of these is ours!!??!! OMG.

• Like 2

With all the new pups, waiting for a puppy sure doesn't get more exciting than this! Can't wait to hear more about all the litters!

• Like 1
With all the new pups, waiting for a puppy sure doesn't get more exciting than this! Can't wait to hear more about all the litters!

Yes indeed! Can't wait to find out more! Would love to see pictures of the pups!

Kim prefers to send pictures when their eyes open. I know it's hard to wait, but we'll distract you with news.

Between all three litters, there is every color and combination. However, Kim asked me to remind you not to pick your pup by color. Personality is the most important clue to picking the dog that is right for you.

Kim prefers to send pictures when their eyes open. I know it's hard to wait, but we'll distract you with news.

I wonder when their eyes turn and when we will know what the final colour will be? All of Ursula x Sitka's pups have blue eyes now (20 days old).

3 litters.....this is very exciting. my family is finding it difficult to contain themselves atm. also, i do have to apologize for being one of those lurkers that have been referenced in other posts. nonetheless, im here now. its been 30 years since ive had a dog of my own and i cant find the words to describe the excitement. talk about reliving ones childhood! (lol)

anyway, jus thought id stop lurking.

brian

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum and AIdog family. You are in for the ride of your life Mr. Jones! Enjoy every moment with your new pup and all of those childhood memories...and then some, that this new pup will conger up. :(

3 litters.....this is very exciting. my family is finding it difficult to contain themselves atm. also, i do have to apologize for being one of those lurkers that have been referenced in other posts. nonetheless, im here now. its been 30 years since ive had a dog of my own and i cant find the words to describe the excitement. talk about reliving ones childhood! (lol)

brian

Brian,

My wife, Joan, and I got our first AI Dog a little over a year ago (His name is Draco). Likewise, it had been 30+ years for both of us since owning a dog. I searched for years looking for the right breed to be able to satisfy my high expectations for a dog with a strong quality of character. I found the website and figured one of these dogs might optimize our chances of getting a good dog.

Boy, did I wildly underestimate this pack of "ultimate mutts" as I've heard them lovingly called.

Did you notice I said our first AI Dog? The kennel, the breeder, the Dogs, the people on this forum; it is a truly unique experience. So, we put our name on the list for a second pup this Spring.

I think we may be able to stop with two though some on the forum have a few more than that! And, frankly, I envy them.

I assume you have devoured the information like I did at the Song Dog website at http://www.indiandogs.com/.

Welcome. Enjoy the journey...

Nice to meet you (and other's on the wait list who have jumped in)! You are in for a very nice treat...after 30 years, you are going to wonder why it took you so long to find these little love bugs! I can't wait to see pics...and so want a little sister for Soul - but we are waiting until we hit the West coast!

Watching with baited breath!!!

brian

Welcome Brian!

thank you all for the warm welcome. i jus picked up a few books 2 are from the monks of new skeet and the other from cesar milan. ill be getting into one of them later tonite....my fiance is already halfway thru one of them. at this point im afraid to tell my daughter that there are 3 litters, cause she might faint! initialy i thought there was only 1....oh joy!

brian

• Like 1

Welcome Brian and family, to our little family.

30 years! Once you have your new friend in the house, you'll never want to go dog-less again. Well, after the not-sleeping phase of puppy ownership has past. After we got our second dog I couldn't imagine having only one. But like Gib, two is my limit.

I have a slightly different view of my AID than I think most owners have. I love love love her, she is so lively and fun, but I've never had a dog that I didn't love just as much as I love her. I think all dogs are just wonderful, from the most simplehearted to the most mentally complicated.

I'm glad you are reading up on living with a dog. I think every dog owner should take training very seriously - it makes everyone's lives, especially the dogs', so much better. And training a puppy is really one of the top things you can do in your life - it is so much fun.

Karen (and Danza (and Roscoe))

Welcome Brian and family, to our little family.

30 years! Once you have your new friend in the house, you'll never want to go dog-less again. Well, after the not-sleeping phase of puppy ownership has past. After we got our second dog I couldn't imagine having only one. But like Gib, two is my limit.

I have a slightly different view of my AID than I think most owners have. I love love love her, she is so lively and fun, but I've never had a dog that I didn't love just as much as I love her. I think all dogs are just wonderful, from the most simplehearted to the most mentally complicated.

I'm glad you are reading up on living with a dog. I think every dog owner should take training very seriously - it makes everyone's lives, especially the dogs', so much better. And training a puppy is really one of the top things you can do in your life - it is so much fun.

Karen (and Danza (and Roscoe))

Welcome Brian and "Group"! You truly are in for a new life experience with the pup. He/She will be extremely 'cute' when they arrive but don't be fooled - you can't let their cuteness get to you 'cuz if you do that he/she will be in charge and it will not be fun. We have owned seven of these critters and I can speak from experience. We currently have four and they are a handful. While they are work, and I think it was Karen or Star that said, first it will be the sleepless nights and then the terrible twos - but after that you're home free!! The companionship you will experience will be like no other. You mention your daughter, the pup will take it upon itself to be her babysitter!! They are marvelous with kids.

Keep us all posted after you find out when you will become a dog raiser!!! We're here for questions -- trust me, you will have lots!!

Enjoy your peace and quiet now ..... just sayin'

Judyk in Northern Michigan

• Like 1
Niki has had two pups, and Kim is out in the whelping kennel, now, helping her.

I'll let you know as soon as possible, Sire, number of pups, etc., etc.

She is on the second breeders page--a beautiful gal.

Breeder's page 2

took a peek at site Ireally like it but I dont care for the insigna , I had mentioned to Kim when I got snake it would be a ggood idea it only took two years :( He is on indian time :) look good

• 2 weeks later...
Lets get some pictures! It's been about 2 1/2 weeks! Their eyes have to be open by now!

We know you're excited but you have to understand that Kim doesn't do photos early in the pups life!!!! With all the munchkins he's got to take care of right now, he's probably running around like a chicken!! The pics will come and you'll be sooooo excited and, hopefully, you're on the list and one is coming your way!! Where are you located? Anywhere close to Michigan where we can give you an AID fix???

JudyK in Michigan

• Like 1

Haha, unfortunately not. I'm in Florida. My stepmom and dad have one, but they're in new mexico or something right now!

I am on the list, but it will still be at least 2mo. until I get my pup. It seems SO far away, haha.

Haha, unfortunately not. I'm in Florida. My stepmom and dad have one, but they're in new mexico or something right now!

I am on the list, but it will still be at least 2mo. until I get my pup. It seems SO far away, haha.

Get lots of rest NOW 'cuz when the pup gets there ... look out. If y ou don't have kids, you'll know what it will be like with the getting up during the night and the need for LOTS of attention and exercise. That's not long to wait at all -- time to 'prep'!!!!

Rest? Hardly ever. Between work, school, and attempting to remodel the bathroom, I barely have time to eat. The pup will definitely be first priority once he/she arrives.

Here are pictures of Niki and Rowdy's pups:

nikiXrowdy20111.JPG

nikiXrowdy20112.JPG

Great to see the variety of color.

I love the black, too. That was my first choice, but there were none. So I got lead colored Coyo, who had the personality I wanted. Now I have black and gold Sitka. I am always amazed out how well he can hide in greenery. He plays this one game with me, where he is in plain sight, I'm calling, can't see him, and he waits motionless, until I finally pick him out of the background. I can't help but laugh.

Heck, I'm a goner for this breed. I love all the colors and personalities!