Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

2010 Pups Getting Placed

Things are hectic at the ranch. Kim says he has placed the first litter, and is on to the second.

He asked me to tell you:

"I contact people as there name comes up on the

waiting list. That is usually at least a week or two before they are

ready & I can arrange to ship them.

~snip~

yes the first litter is placed & I'm

working on the 2nd now etc ... until around gathering time, when the last

litter will be ready. The forum is the best way to keep in touch until I

call" - thanks ~

Kim La Flamme ~ founder/trustee of the AIDog breed for over 45 years --

www.indiandogs.com

So I hope, for those of you that are waiting, that the time is narrowed down for you. Gathering is the weekend of the 21st of August--not very far away. Less than 30 days, right?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are hectic at the ranch. Kim says he has placed the first litter, and is on to the second.

He asked me to tell you:

So I hope, for those of you that are waiting, that the time is narrowed down for you. Gathering is the weekend of the 21st of August--not very far away.

Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the update Allison-

it is salve for the itchy-anticipation :D

Puppy-Placement Anonymous, I tell ya.. it's a 12 step process... L0L

"Hi, I'm Anna- and I'm eagerly awaiting our pup... :lol: "

I was thinking, when we were visiting the ranch, that it was going to be harder for Anna than everyone else. Nothing like being ankle-deep in potential pups to really whet the appetite, even if they are only half-baked. :lol:

L0L- @ Karen

Heck yeah! I have 'puppy-itch' caused by cute puppies, downy fur, and tongues!! UNFAIR!

So many lovely little fuzzies, wanted to take them ALL home...

GAAAAA!!!!!!

The anticipatory itch is maddening!!

This is the second time today I have had a great belly laugh on this forum. What a day :lol:

Thanks for the laugh you three....Gib, Karen, and Starghoti.

Thank you so much for the update. I haven't heard from Kim yet, so I am guessing we will probably be in one of the last groups. If we have to wait until the gathering, that will work out anyway because then I won't have to make 2 trips and the hubby will come too. Yeah! Getting close!! :lol:

just hang in there people. We have all had to play the waiting game, and we know how hard it is. That 6 months was agonizing the whole way through, and the last part was the worst. It was all I could do not to bug Kim constantly (that doesn't help by the way). Does he even remember us? Is he going to have a pup for us? If so, will it be what we wanted? it was just horrible, but it all paid off in spades.

I imagine bugging Kim only makes him want to smack you :lol: I know how annoying it is to be asked the same questions over and over. Even if it is different people asking, it can be very draining. That is why we impatient folk vent on the forum, so Kim doesn't get hassled by all this "giddiness" :D Thank goodness for the forum!

I imagine bugging Kim only makes him want to smack you :lol: I know how annoying it is to be asked the same questions over and over. Even if it is different people asking, it can be very draining. That is why we impatient folk vent on the forum, so Kim doesn't get hassled by all this "giddiness" :D Thank goodness for the forum!

Good luck to all those waiting, it's worth it in the end, after 12 years we still love our lad to bits!

Edited by liz
I imagine bugging Kim only makes him want to smack you :D I know how annoying it is to be asked the same questions over and over. Even if it is different people asking, it can be very draining. That is why we impatient folk vent on the forum, so Kim doesn't get hassled by all this "giddiness" :P Thank goodness for the forum!

I SECOND IT....THANK GOODNESS FOR THE FORUM!!!

3rd!

--You don't think hourly e-mails and a daily phone call are excessive do ya? :P;):P:D

*jk*

I have to laugh when I read all of your postings...and then I remember...OMG, I was that person a year ago! hiccup

It is worth every minute of anticipation. The day Kim put Soul on that big scary bird, I bet I called him 20 times in a two hour period! ;-) Each time he laughed and patiently talked me through it!

A nice thing if your pup is being flown in is the flight tracking service that is available via the airline that Kim uses. We watched Soul's flight from Oregon all the way to Indiana. There was only one glitch...Soul missed his flight when they had a layover in Ohio. Not sure what he was doing; probably hitting on one of the women in the cargo area! LMAO!! But it was all good and he arrived only 20 minutes late!

Wishing you all the best and cannot wait to see the family pics that are sure to pop up over the next few weeks! Congrats to you all!

3rd!

--You don't think hourly e-mails and a daily phone call are excessive do ya? :P;):P:D

*jk*

Pics, pics, more pics...this is going to be such fun to see all of these pups grow up. Its like a tonic for the rest of us that have our dogs. Speaking for myself, it makes me want another one. They are such incredible animals. Good luck everyone, you are so lucky.

I have to laugh when I read all of your postings...and then I remember...OMG, I was that person a year ago! hiccup

Tell us about it! :D:P;) You, and Todd, and the Richies, and....Jason? What exactly was he waiting for?

Kim said they set up the forum to sort of offload a lot of the repetition he gets on the phone and email. So, yeah, bug the forum, that is actually what it is for. We're here for you!

I'm doing pretty good here..have not talked to Kim or Arlene since end of June, but you guys and all your heightened anticipation are corruptimg my patience! Geez, when I start reading all the replies I get all wound up..urgh...now it's all I can do to refrain from calling Song Dog "just to check it"

Quit being a bad influence on me! :D:P;)

found something to read to tide me over... always good to refresh the brain cells.. :D

DogStar Daily

I like their bit about housebreaking, and how - if the pup should make a mistake you need to get a rolled up newspaper and hit yourself with it for allowing the mistake to happen.. ;)

might recommend the articles to the hubby too... :P

Edited by Starghoti
if the pup should make a mistake you need to get a rolled up newspaper and hit yourself with it for allowing the mistake to happen.. :D

I know....next time, I'm wearing a watch with a timer, so I don't forget to pup out the pup often enough. I'm terrible. And I'm getting a summer pup.

Hi guys and gals, this is John and Jody we are getting on a plane tomorrow to fly up and meet our new family member. For those of you that remember I was trying to surprise my wife and fly her up to pick up our new pup. Jody is recovering from chemo just two weeks removed from her last round. Well she informed me that she is feeling good and was going with me no mater what i said. So I had to show her that I already bought her plane ticket, needless to say she is very happy. We leave tomorrow afternoon and arrive at Kims before noon on Saturday, we will get some pictures taken and post if I can figure out how to do that. SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!!!!

John

Hi guys and gals, this is John and Jody we are getting on a plane tomorrow to fly up and meet our new family member. For those of you that remember I was trying to surprise my wife and fly her up to pick up our new pup. Jody is recovering from chemo just two weeks removed from her last round. Well she informed me that she is feeling good and was going with me no mater what i said. So I had to show her that I already bought her plane ticket, needless to say she is very happy. We leave tomorrow afternoon and arrive at Kims before noon on Saturday, we will get some pictures taken and post if I can figure out how to do that. SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!!!!

John

Congratulations guys! I hope you have an awesome time and safe flight; make sure to post pictures up for the rest of us (practically) dying over here :D