Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Sitka and I had a really fun morning, playing with the frisbee. The only thing he doesn't do is catch the darn thing. Hahahaha.

He is learning the subtle language very fast, and seeing that I tell him with my eyes where I will throw. He runs out there, watches it land, then picks it up and brings it back! Hahahaha.

Then toward the end, we practiced the jumping over the leg trick. We haven't done it in a while. Let me tell you this dog can get small. As soon as he could squeeze through, he would go under the leg. He had me laughing with his antics.

The subtlety of communication is so rewarding to both of us, it made the day. Still, am I too goal oriented? I would like him to catch one. Hahaha!

You know it doesn't really matter. But I do feel that I haven't yet found his niche.

Obviously, frisbee is not it. Hahahahaha!

• Like 4

Allison,

Was it you who has the friend that has a lure course machine????

Break it out! Dust it off! :ph34r: I wonder if Sitka will anticipate and cut off the lure, or full out chase and hold!!!!!!!!

PS - Tayamni doesn't catch (Frisbee, ball, etc) either - she watches it land. Heck she doesn't even have interest in retrieving - LOL!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Kona is a watcher too....Lili sometimes channels our old Lab Elsy & let's the ball hit her in the head or shoulder or back....antics...

Frisbees have made them both nervous in the past...have to try again...