11 replies to this topic

#1 Joyous1

Joyous1

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:15 AM

I have a beautiful (worn) dog collar to give away to the IIDOBA community. It was handed down to me, and now it is too small for my dog (She is 46 pounds). As I understand, the tribal design originates from Africa, but I think it would look stunning on an A.I.D.

The collar is suited best for a dog, whose neck would fit comfortably in a 15 inch collar (that is the length from the end of the buckle to the first hole.)

Feel free to message me and we will make arrangements for me to get it to you.

I will inform the group when it has been claimed.

Attached Files

#2 Joyous1

Joyous1

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:12 PM

Thanks, everyone. The collar has been claimed.

#3 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3464 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:55 PM

I figured this would go in a matter of seconds...its beautiful.  congrats to the new lucky owner. :D

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#4 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7847 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:24 AM

Very cool.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#5 mommom

mommom

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:AI Dogs, animal companions, making jewelry & cosmetics, iPad games! :)

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:42 AM

If anyone is interested in something similar, I do beadwork, and used to do a great deal of Native American-inspired loomwork.  If you have a collar you would like to have beaded, please let me know and we can work out designs and I'll do it!  I would enjoy being able to do this and contribute to the AI community.

“The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”   ― Charles de Gaulle

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”   ― Mark Twain

#6 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1707 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:46 AM

Attached File  IMG_20160509_205031-edit.jpg   178.23K   30 downloads  Attached File  IMG_20160509_205124-edit.jpg   172.31K   35 downloads  Attached File  IMG_20160509_205415.jpg   204.18K   27 downloads

Thank you Joyous1!

The collar really does match him well!  What a great neuter present and surprise for Kelli and Coffey!   Coffey got mail!  Kelli got surprised!    :ph34r:

Coffey seems to REALLY like this collar and it is stunning.   :wub:  

Previous to this buckle collar he prefers to be 'Naked Boy', 

always escaping from and also chewing apart 3 nylon collars and working on the 4th (I guess the 'cone' and other neuter collar interrupted his enterprise).   :blink:

Coffey has growing room in this (YEAH!) so it should be his 'Big Boy' collar - except for swimming or at the beach - don't want to ruin the beads and trying to teach Tayamni not to pull the collar when they play -   Oh that is a tall order.   :wacko:

These pics don't do the collar justice, I try ....

#7 Joyous1

Joyous1

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:26 AM

Denise, The collar suits Coffey perfectly! What a handsome boy! It is a beautiful collar, to be sure, but don't worry about it too much. A well-loved collar is better than an unworn, perfect one. :) Mom Mom, I would be interested in learning more about your beadwork. Let me know if there is a place where I can go online to see some of your work. Or, maybe you can post something here as a new thread?

#8 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7847 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:33 AM

That's beautiful.  

Sitka loves his collar.  He seems to feel naked without it.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#9 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:10 PM

That is some nice beadwork! Kaposia is very attached to her collar also. If we remove it she's all in a tizzy until we put it back on. We just received 3 collars with information plates riveted on to them: leather (formal wear) nylon woven (casual wear) and waterproof with reflective stripe (beachwear.) Yeah, I know, Grammy's having way too much fun with this dog! 😍 When I took them out of the box she somehow seemed to know they were for her, and just bunted and nosed my hands until I put them out of reach and changed one out for her old collar. (Vanity, thy name is Kaposia!) We'd also be interested in a beadwork collar if they become available!

Today out walking in the park we got our first, "Is it O.K. if we take a picture of her?" from the owners of a lovely chocolate lab, after the whole "What kind of dog is that...part shephed?" conversation.

Edited by LakeGirl, 11 May 2016 - 02:13 PM.

"A life ain't much of a life without a dog in it, s'what I always said."
Dan Gemeinhart, The Honest Truth

#10 Coffey please

Coffey please

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Native American ceremonies, crafts, movies, a good book to read, my dog (Roger -a dash hound mix), swimming, camping, travels(vacations or sabbaticals), FAMILY, good food. Time with A.I. dog when he / she is here (Roger and Tayamni included on time with). I am able to add in that Coffey is a much WONDERFULL addition to my family and am looking to MANY new memories (as well as years) with him. My Roger has left our Junior mint (and Tayamni)to help with balance in our lives and home (where ever home may be).

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:26 PM

My sister Denise E. is right that the pictures do not do it justice. Coffey would like to thank Joyous1 for his collar. Coffey had time to have photos taken for sharing. He will start wearing it about this Saturday when he is better healed and the cone is off him as not wanting to ruin such a gracious gift. To LakeGirl - I get Coffey mistaken as a Shepard also. My sister's dog Tayamni gets mistaken for a dingo. I am glad to hear this happens to others.

#11 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1707 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:51 AM

If anyone is interested in something similar, I do beadwork, and used to do a great deal of Native American-inspired loomwork.  If you have a collar you would like to have beaded, please let me know and we can work out designs and I'll do it!  I would enjoy being able to do this and contribute to the AI community.

Hi mommom,

I second that!  would love to see some of your beadwork!

#12 mommom

mommom

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:AI Dogs, animal companions, making jewelry & cosmetics, iPad games! :)

Posted 12 May 2016 - 09:07 AM

Denise, maybe the beaded collar can be for most of the time and special occasions, but if you want a collar that can't be pulled, consider one made from paracord.  My husband made one for Bandit and it is stellar.  Doesn't loosen when pulled and is very sturdy!  Will get a picture to post.

“The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”   ― Charles de Gaulle

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”   ― Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users