Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Finally!!

Hi everyone,

I know most don't know me but I have been on this site seeing all the new pups go to amazing homes. I have been on the waiting list for a puppy since early 2012. Situations have changed so I couldn't have a puppy until now.

I am happy to announce that I am now ready to finally get an AIDog. This is so exciting and I am very happy to share the amazing adventure of owning my very own AIDog with everyone. Kim is such an amazing person and has been so patient with me. The excitement is setting in already:)

• Like 8

Hey! Congratulations! So good to have new owners North of the border. I could make a lot of jokes right now, but you've probably heard them all.

• Like 2

2012 wow! I am so happy for you. Never met an Aggie I didn't like. Smart and loyal, like AIDs. Somewhere in SKD there's a pup singing that old song "Alberta bound, Alberta bound, I wish I was Alberta bound...." Or not. Did you stay on the US Gulf Coast? How did your Olympic bid go?

• Like 3

haha i hope one of them is singing that song. I did not stay in the United States and have moved back to Edmonton. i did go to the Olympics in 2012 and went back to school. all the moving around is why i couldn't say yes to the dog when i thought i could before. not fair on the pup to not be ready myself. now that i have bought a house and have everything ready i can finally welcome the new addition to the family. i am so excited as AIDogs are so amazing and i was hooked as soon as i found Kim.

• Like 6

Welcome to the family Eric....looking forward to virtually participating in your journey.....

• Like 3

Wow...2012. That would have KILLED me. Welcome to the AI Dog family. It has to be the coolest group of people & dogs I have ever been a part of. We have only been a part of this group for a couple of years now...(our pup is 16 months now). Congratulations! I am so excited for you~ You have to try & make it to a Summer Gathering one of these days.

Edited by Tervlab
  • Like 3

ahhhhh Eric. I understand how life comes in and the timing is wonky for a new pup. I first met Kim about 27 years ago and it took me about 20 years before I was in position for a new pup. Surprisingly I had kept his business card all of those years knowing I was going to get one of HIS pups.....now I have three.... and yes I could easily have another. I am sooo excited for you that the timing is finally right. Have a glorious time with this new pup when you get it and just know your life will change forever. They are magnificent animals. There is nothing on earth like them.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the kind words. I am beyond excited not only for a new pup but for all the support and friendships that come with it. I will certainly be trying to make it up to a summer gathering someday and find that noone has this kind of support when getting a puppy. I knew this dog was for me when i first started researching for a pup. Kim has been amazing with everything and all the wonderful stories i see here have been fun to read.

hopefully a new litter comes soon!

• Like 5

Congratulations on your journey and being ready for a pup! Ahh now the waiting REALLY begins! I hope you are close enough to go to the gathering! Welcome to our virtual world here!

• Like 1