New Pup Zephyr Home In Texas

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#41 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7685 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:54 PM

You can put them on the forum if you want, under "Events and Activities".  You can also email them to me if you prefer.

Yes, that link worked!  Great party trick.  What a cute fellow.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#42 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 676 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:34 PM

Oh and I learned how to play dead!!  (hope the link works  :D )

Thanks for sharing the link.  That is one smart puppy, and of course you did a great job teaching him that trick.  I have never tried that one. 

#43 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2220 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:40 AM

Highly politically incorrect and for that you get major points. Awesome trick.

He seems to be growing slowly compared to many. Wonder if he'll be a wee AID like Sega (Judy K's dog), Lili, Waki, Sita Flower and Ayita. I love the teensy AID dogs or as Sri calls Sita - pocket coyotes. Hey that would be just as good on the registry as Sock Goblin.

Oh wait, you are in Texas. OK then. Thought you were in Boston. Still give you points.

#44 nrrosque

nrrosque

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:My husky Remi is looking forward to getting an AI brother!

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:16 PM

DSC_0577_crop.jpg

So I know I'm biased...but LOOK...look at that adorable face with his little bandana!  :wub:

The other night, my family and I rented a movie to watch and we spent half the movie just staring at little Zeph...all he was doing was laying on the floor with his little bandana staring back at us with those little beedy eyes...and yet somehow we couldn't get enough of him haha!

Also, we have nicknamed him "Zephrey" or "Zeffrey" wonder if that will work for the registry? :rolleyes:  ...it's funny because I envisioned Zephyr as this majestic, serious dog and named him after a Greek God (and yes he is majestic too in his own way), but he really is such a goofy silly character (hence "Zephrey" the silly version) - and honestly it's like he somehow knew that that's what I needed in my life.  Does he make my life a struggle sometimes, yes...can he be ornery, yes...but oh my how he makes me laugh!  :lol:  :lol:

#45 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 676 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:39 PM

Fantastic picture, thanks.

#46 Chinatola

Chinatola

Liliko'i & Kekona's Padre

• 1151 posts
  • Interests:Multiple business owner, father of two grown children, guitarist, amateur astronomer & husband of 30 years to my wonderful Julie Ann. Oh yeah...absolutely nuts about dogs!!

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:04 PM

Zephrey....that's perfect!  

Now....the challenge:

Alternate spellings:

Ghephery - (first two letters are silent and replaced with a "Z" sound....hey!  It's my game, I can make up my rules!)

Zeghery - (this time the 'gh' produce an "F" sound as in enough.  (truthfully though I pronounce 'enough' as EE-now-guh anyway so there's that)).

irhuaoew - (all the letters are silent and you pronounce it anyway you want!  Thank you George Carlin for that one!)

Chinatola

Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

--- Daniel Burnham

#47 nrrosque

nrrosque

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:09 PM

Zephrey....that's perfect!  

Now....the challenge:

Alternate spellings:

Ghephery - (first two letters are silent and replaced with a "Z" sound....hey!  It's my game, I can make up my rules!)

Zeghery - (this time the 'gh' produce an "F" sound as in enough.  (truthfully though I pronounce 'enough' as EE-now-guh anyway so there's that)).

irhuaoew - (all the letters are silent and you pronounce it anyway you want!  Thank you George Carlin for that one!)

hahaha I love the "irhuaoew" ! I wonder what Kim would think if I wrote that on his registry papers  :P  :D

#48 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2220 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:29 PM

There will be times when he is grown that he will take your breath away with majesty but then the personality will come out. Back and forth it will go. PS Scott thinks Kim has a "glamor" line of AIDs - Cake, Zeff, Nefrit, Kona... - you know you have one when a stranger stops you to take multiple pictures of YOUR dog and comments that they won't believe this at the office.

#49 mommom

mommom

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:AI Dogs, animal companions, making jewelry & cosmetics, iPad games! :)

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:23 AM

Precious and wonderful pictures!!  What a character! :D  Can't wait to meet him!!!  So excited!!

“The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”   ― Charles de Gaulle

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”   ― Mark Twain

#50 nrrosque

nrrosque

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:47 AM

It's been a few weeks since I updated!  Zeph is doing great, has an accident only here and there.  I figured out that he crates better if I crate him together with his sister.  My large crate is at my parents house, so once I get it transferred to my apartment, I will probably try that more often - I have been leaving him out in my apartment to run short errands here and there (he cries a little when I leave but settles down pretty quickly).  So far so good, he won't destroy anything or have any accidents, so there is hope!

He really is a doll, though - he learns to moderate his energy level and just chill on the days when we aren't at the business.  I had family in town this weekend and they just adored him  :wub:

He's still super gangly, but at least he is finally growing a little bit lol!

The last pic is the look he gives me when he is too tired to go out for a walk -- if looks could kill hahaha

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20150724_153945.jpg
  • IMG_20150724_154439.jpg
  • IMG_20150726_212945.jpg

#51 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7685 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:53 AM

That's a handsome fellow!  Please resize your pictures if you can, next time.  600 X 800 pixels is a good size for member viewing.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#52 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3286 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:07 PM

nrrosque, you are really good with the camera. Good lighting,...great shots.

Excuse my ignorance and stupidity......what does nrrosque mean / stand for?

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#53 Jane

Jane

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:28 PM

He looks so much like our Lucy who passed. He is absolutely beautiful!!! How old is he and how old when you got him? Jane

#54 NyteByker

NyteByker

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Life!

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:55 PM

nrrosque, you are really good with the camera. Good lighting,...great shots.

Excuse my ignorance and stupidity......what does nrrosque mean / stand for?

Miz Molly... you have a tendency to say and wonder about the same things I do.  :-)

#55 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3286 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:40 PM

NyteByker as they say, great minds think alike :rolleyes:

When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#56 NyteByker

NyteByker

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Life!

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:53 PM

It must be true!

#57 nrrosque

nrrosque

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:05 PM

@nytebyker @miz molly :: nrrosque is just my initials lol! First name Natasha, middle name Reis, last name Rosque -- I wish there was a much cooler explanation now that you were so curious haha, but unfortunately pretty boring! @miz molly :: thanks so much for the camera compliment!!

#58 nrrosque

nrrosque

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:08 PM

He looks so much like our Lucy who passed. He is absolutely beautiful!!! How old is he and how old when you got him? Jane

Aww that's so sweet and thank you! He is about 5 months now I think, the days are all a blur lol. He was right at about 6 weeks when I got him. He is still so gangly and petite...still only 22lbs. But I guess he is just a slow grower. He is a doll and gets SO spoiled!

#59 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3286 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:21 PM

@nytebyker @miz molly :: nrrosque is just my initials lol! First name Natasha, middle name Reis, last name Rosque -- I wish there was a much cooler explanation now that you were so curious haha, but unfortunately pretty boring! @miz molly :: thanks so much for the camera compliment!!

You have a beautiful name.  I hope you wear it proudly.

#60 nrrosque

nrrosque

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:35 PM

I have been meaning to share this video for quite some time now, but I had thought I lost it at one point -- luckily had it backed up on my Dad's computer.

It doesn't look like much, but it is extremely special to me. When I went to visit Kim, he recommended two pups out of that pen for me. I believe the other one I was looking at is now Nakoma (Ranger Komi) -- anyways I had held several of the pups, but after holding one pup, I would pick Zephyr up again. What drew me to him was his eyes - they were so alert and bright, just taking in the world! I was only in the pen for maybe 5-10 minutes, decided on Zeph, then Kim offered to show me his parents (Raven and Choco). So we spent some time with the adults and then I came back to the pen watched Kim and Greg feed the pups...then squatted down and made this kissing noise. He was the ONLY one that payed any attention and as you can see immediately came trotting over. It just made me feel like it was SO meant to be...how fast he bonded with me, it just blows my mind. Sometimes I think he chose me more than I chose him.

So anyways though it may not look like much, I will always hold this little video clip close to my heart  :wub:

https://youtu.be/BvTSH3_fQ4s

I will be getting updated pics of Zeph today too, yay!

Attached Thumbnails

• zephcrop.jpg
  • zephcrop2.jpg
  • zephcrop3.jpg
  • zephcrop4.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users