Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Kooskie's First Snow!

Been snowing all night, and we have 3-4 inches. She was cautious this morning, they went out and quickly back in, then about 60 seconds later, they were ringing the back door bell!

How about you guys? Who's got snow?

• Like 7

Got snow yesterday...4 inches...and Wyot didn't know what to make of it at first, then you saw a little black and tan snow shovel, emerge with a little white nose, lol! He runs through it like a little porpoise. Loves to dig under the snow, where mice are probably living. Apprehensive at first as to where to step down to go out, as there is snow/ice on the step, so chooses his steps carefully.

I'm very surprised at how quickly he's adapted! Pooped boy napping now... :P

• Like 2

This is mooka third winter I think mayb 4th and we have about 6cm and he loves the snow runs like he's running a race in circles and most day it's a high of -3 here but he doesn't care I give him 5 min or a little more but not much and when I make him come in when he's not ready I get the stink eye for about an hour,then he starts the whiney again which is how he tells me bathroom time and I let him out and half the time it's cause he wants to play

• Like 3

More snow today, and it is heavy and wet...a plop of snow from the overhead branches made for a riot in Wyot's reaction! Puzzled, but interested in what did it....

• Like 1

We have had continued temps below freezing, and 2-3 inches every day. This is the most snow I have seen here in a number of years. The city has closed off the hill across from us to traffic. We call it "The Hill of Death", because when you're a kid sledding, it looks big and scary.

Sitka likes to warm up his paws under the woodshed, where there is no snow, but Kooskie doesn't seem to care.

In the first vid, Sitka was chasing Kooskie, now they have switched. This one from a couple days ago, cracks me up as Sitka pokes his head around the woodshed, and tries to sneak past her.

Recently, she has decided she likes to eat the sunflower seeds that we put out for the birds. I keep trying to run her off, but as soon as I turn away, she is back there crunching. I tried throwing a snowball at her, but she loved it. Yesterday I caught her having a bit of a hard time pooping. I hope she will make the connection between the seeds and the discomfort. She's a smart girl. I think she will....eventually.

• Like 4

Wow Allison she has gotten so big so fast!!!!!! :D

Coffey taught the dogs at the dog park to eat the palm tree seeds (the red berries that grow on some palms). funny, no dogs really paid attention to them until he started crunching away at the ones that fall on the ground.

Tried to stop him but it loosing battle and he never gets a stomach ache or has a poop problem. It must be fiber ....

Ours had a doggie flu just before we got snow and a record cold snap so they seem a bit more sensitive to the cold than normal. Then again I am too. It was 45 F one day then 1F with snow the next. We missed that hardening off period. Using Musher's secret on the feets. Hoping we pop back up to normal and get to season a bit more.

PS was listening to Nutcracker dance of the reeds during your video Allison, and some how it fit.

Edited by Sherab
  • Like 1

Not snowing here since we are in Florida, but I just want to say once again that kooskie is the prettiest dog I have ever seen.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Not snowing here since we are in Florida, but I just want to say once again that kooskie is the prettiest dog I have ever seen.

:wub:

• Like 2