Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

I live on a river, and during the rains in January it was a bit crazy around here. At one point, every time I walked the river path to inspect the river hight (we were having a flash flood warnings), Tolinka would bark, bark, bark at one spot on the river bank. This went on for two days. In the middle of the second night I was awoken by all three dogs barking like crazy. There was no stopping them. Suddenly there was a tremendous crashing, cracking, whooshing sound that echoed in the river bed above the roar of raging waters. I didn't recognize THAT sound, and figured I would check in the morning. I know my house is set back from the river far enough so I was not worried about finding myself, house, dogs, floating down stream. ...... I knew a tree hadn't fallen on the house so I went back to sleep. The next morning I walked the river path, and discovered what it was that made all that crazy noise the night before. Our neighbors across the river had lost their entire back yard. What I had heard was foundations cracking, trees falling, boulders crashing, mud flowing...all into the river. Fortunately, no one was hurt. At that point I started wondering.....was Tolinka trying to warn me?

Two days later the same sequence happened with Tolinka, Only this time I knew why he was barking. Again on the second day, another slide happened across the river from my kitchen window. Again fortunately no one was hurt. I can only figure that he was sensitive enough to smell, hear, and feel the earth begin to shift. So, yes, do LISTEN TO YOUR PUPS. Try to figure what it is that they are trying to tell you. They are uncanny with their instincts and do try to warn us of danger.

• Like 9

Good dogs! I may be the LakeGirl, but rivers with their moving waters and currents have always warranted lots of extra caution. Glad you and your home are alright. Hope your neighbors find the help they need and are able to recoup their losses. Amazing to me the intuitive nature of these dogs. Last week I came in from shopping not feeling well at all. Kaposia knows when the grocery bags come in there's always a treat for her. I had her sit, and gave her a salmon jerky, her favorite. I went and sat down. She dropped the treat and snuggled up beside me with the most concerned look in her eyes, and didn't leave me to return to the dropped treat until she must have felt I'd be OK. Such loves! So smart!

• Like 3

Wow...no words can accurately describe their amazing abilities and intuition! They "hear" the earth and nature, and warn us of things that we humans can't even begin to pick up on. Lucky are we to have these guardian doggie angels!!!

• Like 2