Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Asante Sana Moves To Greece

Dear Allison and Kim: Another chapter has come to a close, Asante Sana and I are moving from Uganda to Lesvos Greece today. I willl be heading the UNHCR refugee response on Lesvos while Sana will continue to win hearts and minds. Sana's role in Uganda was to show people that dogs can be wonderful, as most are mortally afraid of dogs and few think of them as pets. It was amazing while still frustrating at times as Sana learned to be afraid of some and more protective. Her days of chasing impalas and monkeys and running away from warthogs and cows, may be over but I image living sea-side again in Lesvos, will make up for it. She remains a joy and a constant companion. I am afraid our romping may be more limited as she might become an apartment dog and used to the leash again. She has now lived in France, South Africa, Uganda and now Greece- a true ambassador.

I am thinking seriously about perhaps hosting another AID but with the move, will need to see how this can work with the move.

As always, thank you Kim for pairing me with Sana- she lives up to your description of 6 years ago.

Cheers

Maureen McBrien

asantesana2.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, what a wonderful life both Maureen and Asante Sana are enjoying...quite the story!

• Like 1