Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

2013 Fall Pups

I will have to correct some of these names, but here we go with the first look at the fall pups.

From Kim:

Here are pix of the 2013 fall pups …. (you can tell it’s fall; with all the oak leaves & acorns on the ground) - All from 5 weeks to 3 weeks old at this time. I will be calling those on the list that have passed, then those from the top down soon – thanks again for your patience -

Feather X Jay:

featherxjay1.2013.jpg

featherxjay2.2013.jpg

Little Bear X Rowdy:

littlebearxrowdy1.2013.jpg

Chawa X Jay:

chawaxjay1.2013.jpg

chawaxjay1.2013fall.jpg

Blue Bird X Jay:

bluebirdxjay1.2013.jpg

Ice Blue X Jay:

icebluexjay1.2013.jpg

icebluexjay2.2013.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

6) puppy chewing up your socks while you're wearing them.  

It is our 23rd anniversary and we just got the call. A girl can't say no on such an auspicious day.

oooooooooooh I am so looking forward to meeting all of you and your new pups on the forum. Now don't fall off the edge of your chairs while waiting for THAT phone call. I just keep picturing all of

Posted Images

Wow! I think I counted 21 puppies. Lots of families about to get one more member. Thanks for the update. :wub:

We got to see them recently, and they are all Stunningly Beautiful pups.

We could just begin to see their personalities (doginalities?) showing through.

The world is all new and exciting to them at this age- Such little bundles of fun and adventure! :wub:

these are amazing puppies/dogs and I am thrilled to be on the list again after losing our beautiful Nokomis this summer. I have been thinking back to when she was a baby and how she basically house trained herself on day 1. I had placed her in the bathroom with newspapers all over. It was a good sized room. Shut the door and had to work for a while. Came back and she had let herself out (i have no idea how) and searched out another, appropriate place further away, and peed there! She was so smart and, of course, talkative. She adored our older female, a Jindo and they often hunted together. Kia was the high prey dog and Noki brought the kill home and ate it. She never had a bad day and was always in the mood to go! She barked and grumbled like others have described and we always had Q & A sessions until I got the right answer as to what she was asking. Everybody loved her. Miss her every day

Hey Minnesota, pre congratulations. Hope you post on the forum a bit. Tell us more about Noki! Sorry4your loss. How old was she? nothin fills that hole, but a new pup comes close. I hope you get the call today if not sooner.

• Like 1

Here is Noki. She was built like her father, Rogue and had a natural instinct to pull. I swear she had a sense of humor since she used to create diversions and while the other two dogs ran to check them out, she would swoop in behind them and take whatever they were chewing on or protecting.

She went out early (ugh) every morning and announced her presence to all within earshot. She lived on a pretty tight schedule and when it was time for bed, and we missed it, she would come and get us. After every evening meal, she had to have a certain "chew thing" and never once forgot to ask for it.

She was a student of the hunt and in one of the attached photos, she has assumed the position Kia taught her....stop, listen.

Love her multi-positional ears!

1 (59).jpg

1 (18).jpg

1 (69).jpg

• Like 1

What a stunningly beautiful dog! So sorry to hear of your loss. Thanks for posting the pictures.

She was awesome. She never actually killed any other creature, but she did enjoy comsuming the work of others, including Mother Nature. We have lots of woods and no hunting so deer often gather and sometimes die there. She dragged a deer haunch home one day!

I swear she had a sense of humor....

Glad to hear you say this. It is clear my dogs have a sense of humor. Coyo has even tried to jump out and scare me, as I have done to him. Then he has a big grin....knows he's gotten the best of me.

It's hard to explain, and very funny.

• Like 1

Wahooo! Puppies! Yes, yes, yes, yes. Trying not to get excited and failing miserably.

Never has such a failure been so much fun (yes new puppy parents, it is fun...perhaps not so much for you but for us...it's a blast!) Just remember the Turkish Sufi poets most famous line: 'This too shall pass'

We're with you, V&C. The home stretch is the hardest. My daughter and I are counting down the days to our PRT, puppy retrieval trip! Finishing up the chores around the house, packing, and setting up the playpen/crate area for our late night return. Vet...erans, and last minute sage advice? I took notes early on:

"Keep wet wipes in your car & purse for those 'What did you eat?' moments" was one of my favorites. Oh and "take lots of pictures of puppy's first day home. They grow fast!" was another. SO........excited! Even my mild mannered husband spontaneously says, "PUP-py, PUP-py, PUP-PY!" out of the blue.

C, That's a loaded phrase! heh.

Last minute advice, yes- don't forget to take gobs of pictures and post back here at least once so we all know the babies got home safe and get to share your joy. Everyone is adicted to something and for us it's the joy of dog n family.

Now take a deep breath and remember you may only be getting a pup once in 12 - 18 years so hold on to that feeling too.

Finally, don't freak out about the worms. Re-read that pinned thing on pups and first days.