Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Lili Comes Home

She's home!!

Picked her up from the airport & took the 30 minute trip back home. She didn't make a peep! Such a sweet pup....couldn't be happier...more to follow!

Lily3.jpg

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love her..... Hope she is doing well.

OMG! I want another pup too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is absolutly beautiful, can't wait to see all of her changes as she grows.

Congrats!

Hawk and Lisa

OMD! she's so cute- Love Love Love her little white toes!

Nappy time after a long day of travel.

Lily4.jpg

Oh my! I do so love these puppy pictures but they are way too dangerous--because I want one! Was it only 8 or so months ago that D was that little! Lili is tug-your-heart cute and I can't wait to watch her grow up! Keep the pictures coming.....

you are gonna think that camera was born attached to your hand.

Take LOTS of pictures! She will change daily!! believe me!!!! It is scary how fast these guys change and develop.

One day Jas was a little fuzzball puppy, and a couple weeks later I could see the handsome young dog looking at me.

Cherish the fun/cute puppy snuggled on your lap right now- for quickly she will grow to be your best friend and become part of your soul.

Chinatola, it has been so fun to watch your excitement grow for Lili. I also want to tell you that you are a wonderful addition to the forum. Stand by for a life changing experience with Lili. Star is totally right on ....

Cherish the fun/cute puppy snuggled on your lap right now- for quickly she will grow to be your best friend and become part of your soul.

I especially like the becoming part of your soul.

She has the most wonderful triangle eyebrows.. :D What a cutie.

you are gonna think that camera was born attached to your hand.

Take LOTS of pictures! She will change daily!! believe me!!!! It is scary how fast these guys change and develop.

One day Jas was a little fuzzball puppy, and a couple weeks later I could see the handsome young dog looking at me.

What Starghoti said......

The more closely you are aware of the daily changes, the more closely you will live with your pup.

Enjoy the quarantine period. Use it to practice your rap!! Read the website. Read the forum. Practice what and how you are going to tell the story of your pup and its breed. Somewhere on the Forum is a brochure that has been created some have printed to hand out.

I had Rocco, Draco & Wicca at two different dog parks in Portland, OR over the weekend. I'm glad I don't mind talking about these dogs!! I was talking to different groups of people the whole time. First one group, then another.

pDraco Wicca Rocco Sleeping.jpg

I stitched two recent photos together to try to show relative size and amazing variablity in this amazing breed. I tried to make Wicca's size somewhat the same. All of us here aren't surprised, but other people were somewhat stunned that Rocco & Draco were litter mates and that Wicca is the same breed. After hearing the story and interacting with the dogs, several people came around for more details. The second day at the same park, two people had checked out the website and had more questions.

So, use the quarantine period to begin your puppy fun & training AND prepare your rap!! Accompanied, of course, with lots of photos & stories for the forum!!

Have fun...

I certainly second Gib's observation about "the rap". EVERYONE will ask you about your dog! You'll also be amazed at how many people remember her above the other dogs they meet. They are just so different in subtle and not so subtle ways--all the while just being dogs. Denakka's BFF's (Sheba Inu) parents are checking the website, the forum, and asking lots of questions. Perhaps soon, Denakka will have another AIDog in the area.

Hang on to your heart. Lili will take it (and you) places you didn't know existed. And that being said by the person of a teenaged AIDog!

We've had this little phart for all of 24 hours now & everybody in the house is just completely smitten with her.

Lili9.jpg

I can honestly say that I've never had a puppy (I've only had 3 total so I don't have tons of experience...but I have raised three) that is this well adjusted to change & new things. This dog is amazing. Our older dog, Ida, is having a little adjustment problem but nothing untoward or anything. She's used to having us to herself & she just needs to have her space respected which Lili is extremely good at. Ida had an early morning frustration release & snarled, snapped & swatted at Lili just a little bit. Lili let out a yelp & took off....I made eye contact with Ida & she submitted immediately. Growlies & Snarlies are okay to establish hierarchy but swatting at the pup is out of bounds. Lili steered clear for about an hour & then went back to test the waters....she's a trooper.

Slowly, Ida's ice is melting away. They're great together outside but inside Ida's territorial instinct swells & she's not afraid to 'inform' Lili that it's still Ida's house. Lili slept about 4 hours last night but woke me at 530 to let me know that she needed to go out. Which she did. She let us know last night also while we all (including Lili) watched the Oscars.....amazing for an 8 week old puppy!

I'm impressed!!

Lili6.jpg

My son has a size 15 foot....so the peanut is pretty small...smaller than the size of his shoe...!!!

Lili7.jpg

such a sweetheart!!

Lili8.jpg

Lots more to follow....

Don't be too smitten with her though!!! I can tell you from experience, we've had 7 of these critters, her cuteness will get YOU in trouble!!! Remember, too, that Ida won't hurt Lilli = she'll let her know she's in control so it's best to let them work it out. Trust me on this. She is cute and will change daily. By next week, you won't even recognize the little one. Take lots of pictures because you will be amazed!!! Good luck with her and don't be afraid to yell for help -- trust us, it will happen!!!!

JudyK

I just realized that I spelled Lili's name wrong for the name of this topic post! It's not Lily....it's Lili! I'm such a tool.

Holy cow, now that is a cute puppy! I love how not only are her two front toes white on each foot, but so are the toenails.

I smell a color-changer here, big time ;)

It is amazing how responsive they are to communication, isn't it? And how they just seem to take everything in stride! Everything is a learning experience for them.

How was she when you put her to bed the first night - did she cry?

She did cry but only for about 45 minutes....once she realized that we weren't coming at her beck & call she calmed down & went to sleep...woke up at 530 for a bathroom break & then more snoozing until 8 or so....

Set up the breakfast room of the house (about 10'x10') as a daytime puppy shelter so she had some alone time in there today too (about 2 hours worth) which she protested for a short time but realized that we mean business so she calmed down pretty quick.

I've decided to give her a couple of days to adjust to the new house/pack before we start the hardcore training sessions. Simple stuff on the list now....'follow me'....'look here'.....things like that....once she's adjusted we'll start the process of bringing her around to training.

Good for her! Tamarack had a hard time learning to stay in his 'space' without protest. Lots of whining/howling/etc, but he got it eventually. Interestingly, I don't really remember how he behaved his first night in his crate... I think he howled for a bit but soon settled down. If it was worse I'd think I would remember :lol:

We waited a few days to start hardcore training, too. A good one to start out with pups is just simple eye contact - nice and easy! Not that these guys really need easy.. I'm pretty sure T learned sit, down, and stay all in one session LOL.

It's rare to have both kids home anymore since their so busy with their own lives and all so we all decided to eat downstairs in the family room in front of the TV (not that this is unusual at all in fact it's pretty common in our house) but Lili was interested in our dinner (spaghetti) & refused to calm down at first. Kept coming over to 'investigate'. We moved her puppy bed to the floor of the family room & I picked her up & put her in there at least 5-6 times before she realized that this is where I wanted her to be. After that she reluctantly stayed put until she fell asleep & slept for about 2 hours! It was fun! She's a quick learner this dog.

So, what's Lili's brother's name Sherab?

Congratulations Sherab!!! Glad to hear he made it safe and sound. I am sure your hands are full of pup, but thank you for taking the time to let us know. We Aunts and Uncles worry.

They are so cute when they're asleep. :rolleyes:

C--I fixed the title for you.

This is a very handsome litter of pups. I hope the rest of the "litter family" pops up on the forum. It would be interesting to see them change together as they get older. Congratulations to both of you. Cute! Happiness! Cute!

C--I fixed the title for you.

Thanks Allison...I spent an hour yesterday trying to figure out how to do that.... :wacko: