Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

K9 Angels ...fido Fun Fest

In October, CAST held its 7th Annual Fido Fun Fest in Southern California. Presented by AvoDerm and sponsored by Pacific Photography, Pet Nutrition Center of Carlsbad, Jiffy Pop and Treats for Charity, the event was again a very successful fundraiser. Participants were able to trick-or-treat around the lake to fill their goody bags with treats for themselves and their pets, decorate dog cookies, visit many vendor booths, and eat a delicious meal from the food trucks. Other event highlights were the entertaining costume, tricks and musical commands contests and the high energy canine lure racing demo, hosted by Crazy K9's Dog Sports.

Thank you to our many sponsors and donors who helped make this event possible. It was a fantastic day for all who attended. We hope to see you all again next year!

The Canine Angels Team

You can enjoy more photos of the event, taken by Pacific Photography, at

http://tinyurl.com/qgbtrpx

The Canine Crew at the CAST advanced training kennel keeps busy most days. Having passed their preliminary evaluations, health exams and early phases of training these fine pups are on their way to changing a child's life. Their days consist of several training sessions, treadmill time, grooming and free-time to frolic with their canine friends. A nap in the sun, gazing at the horses and wildlife in pastures nearby or hanging out with our family is all in a day's work for these hard working dogs. Their rooms may not come equipped with a queen size bed or indoor pool, but they do have the most amazing view, good room service and excellent staff to wait on their every need. It's an exciting time for all of us as we continue with their training in hopes that each one of these incredible dogs will become a Canine Angel for a special child this summer.

Blue's Bio...

(Unfortunately I couldn't get Blue's photo off the site to post here).

Hi Everyone, I'm Blue. I was donated by Barb Schwab of Bear River Doodles in honor of Cassandra "Cassi" Weaver. Although I never had the privilege of meeting Cassi, I've been told that she was a spunky 16 year old with a wicked sense of humor. She had severe cerebral palsy that caused her to be non-verbal and essentially trapped within her body. That must have been really frustrating. Though non-verbal, I'm told that Cassi was able to communicate in her own way. She loved her family, friends and always had a special place in her heart for the furry, four legged dog she grew up with...Blue, of Blue's Clues. That's where my name comes from.

Although Barb had already donated several puppies to Canine Angels, when she heard about Cassi's passing unexpectedly last June, she wanted to do something special to honor Cassi. Since Barb is friends with Cassi's folks, she asked if it would be meaningful for me to be donated to Canine Angels in honor of Cassi. Well, I'm here and my name is Blue, so I guess you know her answer.

I'm 15 weeks old and I'm an adorable (if I don't say so myself) F1b Goldendoodle. I'm being puppy raised by Barb herself. I love living with her because I have lots of playmates at her house and because she takes me to puppy classes and gives me lots of attention since I'm so special. I'm already proving that I'm smart as a whip. When Barb holds out a treat, all I have to do is sit down and she gives it to me. The other pups at my house haven't got a clue. They just jump all over Barb. Oh well, I guess not everyone can be as highly intelligent as me.

It's gonna take me a couple of years, but I'm determined to grow up to be a super service dog for a kid like Cassi. Thanks to all of you who donate your time, talent and finances to make it possible for a pup like me to have such an exceptional life!

• Like 1