Photo

Little Bird X Tonto (2017 Summer Litter)

Little Bird Tonto Pups

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 674 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:04 PM

The pictures of the puppy litters are for everyone's enjoyment.  Who doesn't love seeing puppies? 

For those who are on the waiting list, as difficult as it may be, please avoid getting your hopes set on a puppy in the pictures because of its color.  These puppies are still young and the colors will continue to change.  Kim will assess the personality of the puppy to match your individual requests and will let you know when the proper puppy is identified for you.

#22 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:15 AM

The pictures of the puppy litters are for everyone's enjoyment.  Who doesn't love seeing puppies?    For those who are on the waiting list, as difficult as it may be, please avoid getting your hopes set on a puppy in the pictures because of its color.  These puppies are still young and the colors will continue to change.  Kim will assess the personality of the puppy to match your individual requests and will let you know when the proper puppy is identified for you.

I do love the puppy pictures! :wub:

The best part is Kim matching puppy personalities to people's needs and requests!  ;)

What will one love more - the color they want - or the dog that possesses the qualities to fit into the family unit and with all the training become the treasure we've been waiting for!

Nothing wrong with looking at the REALLY ADORABLY CUTE puppy pics :wub:

and then as a bonus being able to read posts on the growth of these pups on the forum.

I am so proud of my girls littermates - almost everyone posted updates and I love the way the different ones fit into their family lifestyles and living spaces!

#23 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:08 AM

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: !!!!!!!

#24 woodrat

woodrat

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:The dogs, photography, drawing, taxidermy, needle felting, hiking, dog behavior.

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:54 AM

Thanks woodrat! How old were your dogs when you started training to pull? I spoke with a lady who makes sulkys and she said one dog can pull 3x their weight. Do your dogs love pulling? I was just watching my dogs moving around yesterday and thought to myself that my puppy Jesse would be the stronger puller, he's confident and self assured. My Kai, who is the more tender and sensitive would just go along to please me I think. It's exciting to think about doing this! :)

Rune was about a year when I started training him, and T older... there's definitely an advantage to starting young to get them used to the equipment used, and to take advantage of that youthful vigor! Rune LOVES it and will pull to his hearts content. We recently found a rail trail nearby and have been doing 6-8 miles with him pulling me on the bike. Wipes him out entirely for the rest of the day, a good run like that. Tamarack is more like your Kai, very sensitive and really just goes along with it, doesn't actually do much pulling. But he's getting better about it, he used to try to lag behind but lately he's been staying up ahead more next to Rune so we just pretend like he's pulling and call it a day :lol:   If you do a search for 'Urban Mushing' on this forum you'll find a thread about ours and others' adventures in the sport.

#25 sschenck

sschenck

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, horses, chickens, goats, primates, every other animal, nature, music, books, my family and my Lord Christ Jesus!

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:08 AM

I've been running my pup Jesse with the bike and I'm letting him be more in front of the bike but Kai was taught to stay beside the bike and he resists going ahead. I need to let Jesse get wiped out! He has endless energy! :)

#26 sschenck

sschenck

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, horses, chickens, goats, primates, every other animal, nature, music, books, my family and my Lord Christ Jesus!

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:11 AM

Woodrat, I see on your profile that you do needle felting, do you ever use your dogs fur?

#27 woodrat

woodrat

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:The dogs, photography, drawing, taxidermy, needle felting, hiking, dog behavior.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:01 AM

Woodrat, I see on your profile that you do needle felting, do you ever use your dogs fur?

Not my own dogs', but I've tried dog hair in general and it doesn't work as well as actual wool. It's do-able but it doesn't felt down as easily or as neatly, so it takes much longer and looks pretty shaggy!

#28 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• 674 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out at Song Dog Kennels and learning from Kim. I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan and a Chicago Bears fan. If I am not at Song Dog Kennel, you can catch me at Lake Selmac Bass fishing or on the Rogue River Steelhead and/or Salmon fishing.

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

Here you go....

Remember, the pictures of the puppy litters are for everyone's enjoyment. 

For those who are on the waiting list, as difficult as it may be, please avoid getting your hopes set on a puppy in the pictures because of its color.  These puppies are still young and the colors will continue to change.  Kim is currently assessing the personality of the puppies. If you are currently on the waiting list, please be ready to answer you telephone, check your telephone messages and emails as we are beginning to make contact with you.  For those who are considering getting on the list, feel free to contact Kim and inquire.  

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170824_120128.jpg
  • 20170824_120144.jpg
  • 20170824_120157(0).jpg
  • 20170824_120212.jpg

#29 Felix

Felix

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Tattoos, Art, Photography, Cosplay, Sewing, Puppies, Kitties, Family

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:29 PM

Omg :wub: this whole litter is what puppy dreams are made of. They are the definition of unique! They all have their own quirks and I think that's what's so beautiful about AI dogs

#30 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:48 AM

Sheer cuteness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :wub:

#31 sschenck

sschenck

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:48 AM

Just stunning! The two colored eye pup... my favorite look!!!

#32 Nessa

Nessa

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sewing, Cooking, Willow, Family!

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

Oh my babiesssss! I need them all

"I don't want to see new things, I want to see things new."

#33 Kuschel

Kuschel

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Married to my best friend, Camping, Swimming, Hooping, Hiking, Bicycling, Tattoos, and Burning Man.

Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:44 PM

Nessa - we need an army of AIDogs! 

“And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

#34 Nessa

Nessa

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sewing, Cooking, Willow, Family!

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:46 AM

Erica - Absolutely!  One day!!!

"I don't want to see new things, I want to see things new."

#35 Jon and Gail

Jon and Gail

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Camping, hiking, backpacking, running, hunting, kayaking.

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:32 AM

Oh, Holy Cuteness!!!! I am really looking forward to following these youngsters grow up. Seeing what kind of mischief they get themselves into and the fun they have along the way. Happy additions to the families of these babies. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Little Bird, Tonto, Pups

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users