Owners Montage

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7847 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 09 December 2018 - 02:34 PM

post-3-0-52411100-1544394382.jpg

Kooskooskie 

Nez Perce word meaning Clear Water

Nick names:  Kooskie, Koos koos, little Shebee, She who must be obeyed, The Monstressa,

and Kooskerdoo!

Washington State

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#2 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 05:16 PM

What a little beauty! Love the formal given name and all the affectionate alternates! Tells me that dog is really loved (even when being a Monstressa!)
"A life ain't much of a life without a dog in it, s'what I always said."
Dan Gemeinhart, The Honest Truth

#3 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7847 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:24 AM

One wonderful side effect of her name:

I was born and raised in this area, that I have now moved back to and make my home.  My father, 95, still lives a few miles away. 

When I was a kid, we would go up Kooskooskie, to inner tube down the Mill Creek, picnic, and visit friend's cabins.  It was a beautiful and wild place. It was always, "Let's go up Kooskooskie!"

Now other people have moved in, it has become real estate, and now they call it Mill Creek. Even the kids call it Mill Creek.

Thing is, when old timers around here, hear her name, they say, "Oh,.. Kooskooskie.."  with a lot of affection in their voices. So she responds immediately with much affection right back to them.  She melts their hearts.

And when you look up into the hills, towards Kooskooskie, it is all her colors--golden reds of harvested wheat, and eyes of clear, clear flowing water.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#4 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:37 AM

LOVE her names!! Yes, even Monstressa, LOL!!! Thank you for sharing her name's history. It's lovely!

#5 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7847 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:32 AM

I forgot to add the happiest one...Kooskerdoo!

--David Dunning

#6 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:57 AM

Got to love the names!!!!!....Wyot is Wyo-too, or Too-too for short sometimes...and Kitchee is K-eeches, Keecher-poo (poo-poo, sometimes, LOL!!!), peaches keeches....a friend of ours LOVES Kitchee, and calls him Kim-chee, or Sushi...SO funny all the names we call our fur babies!!!

#7 Sherab

Sherab

Advanced Member

• 2351 posts
  • Interests:Wishing you Joy, Blessings and Wisdom

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:16 PM

I don't think I could say no to that face. She's soooo pretty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users