Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Happy Howl-O-Weenie!

Happy howl-o-weenie from Kito, the pumpkin dog! :)

Would love to see any costumes or how you and your babies are celebrating cooler weather.

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Celebrating cooler weather (it's all relative) with first 5 minutes of mushing (training 101!) that was enough for the day. Then we went to dog park.

I guess this makes Kelli the lead for now ... hee hee .... after teaching them not to pull, having to use a guide with treats to teach them to pull :).

1. 20161014.jpg

2. 20161014.jpg

3. 20161014.jpg

• Like 2
Denise, is the training for a race or anything, or just because?

Just Because! :ph34r:

Can only do it in the winter down here (or maybe a midnight run in the summer) and have to watch for over heating.

I haven't been able to exercise as much (hiking etc) and can still stand on a scooter Soooooo.........

I figure this is a good way to give them something to exercise brains and bodies and they love running around.

Dog Park is good for running around and playing with other dogs but it's less interaction with me. It's their time. This will be our time.

Will start a topic on it after a few more 5 minute trainings (starting off slowly) - I'm sure there are others who do this for recreation, Yes??? Would love advice and to share comments and pics!

PS I got a Halloween collar for Tayamni so I'll post that when I get a pick.

• Like 2

Cool let us know how that goes. Every year I think about it and every year I figure I'll end up in the trees at the first squirrel. They look super cute sitting in their harnesses. As much as you get stopped and asked about your dogs, be prepared for people to be just as interested in the harnesses.

Mommom I'd love to do some day of the dead theme but I'm not sure how to do it. Little skeleton doggies. he he he.

Edited by Sherab
  • Like 2
..... Mommom I'd love to do some day of the dead theme but I'm not sure how to do it. Little skeleton doggies. he he he.

I'm in for that - would you use some kind of glow in the dark material for the "bone structure"?

I just don't know how long the costumes would last on them. Coffey chews through his seatbelts in 5 minutes.

I could just see them moving around the back yard in the dark. It would just freak people out!

• Like 3

Sherab, I would think you could paint some black puppy-jackets with glow-in-the-dark paint for the ribcage...? Depending on the chewing of course, you might be able to make your own (if you're feeling especially crafty) out of a couple layers of felt and some wide elastic maybe?

Edited by mommom
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Tayamni had her Halloween photo taken:

(wish the professional one showed her wings more)

She tolerated my antics so well!

13,00.jpg

IMG_20161022_1613461.jpg

• Like 1