Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Update On Croí

Apologies to the community and to Kim for not posting regularly. Croí, The American indian Dog in Saint Louis, MO, is now TWO YEARS OLD! In these two years we have been through a lot. From being the reason why i found the love of my life, having multiple job changes and the Covid stay at home order (which he was the best boy for let me tell you!) Croí has been there for me, my partner and his big sister Mia! Me and my now partner(because when you find that person they are more than just a GF, BF or spouse) went to pick him up at he air port, she drove because my plates were expired lol. My Job lost its distribution rights as an Invisible Fence dealership and at the time i was a member of that department as a trainer, unfortunately i was not rehired in favor of pre-existing trainers that were from another branch. That meant no more driving from client to client, Croí getting to meet new people and dogs everyday, and mostly his job also was gone. He was my co-worker, he was a distraction for some dogs and for others he was a friend needed to feel more comfortable with the change in the dog's environment. Afterwards we stayed with the company and worked in the daycare department where he made a new best friend named reeves(no pictures of client dogs out of respect, and i am unable to get their consent at the immediate moment.) and a "GirlFriend" named Honey. She loves him and he has no issues with that. Then i got moved to the training department as an assistant to further my education in obedience(we have some impressive trainers and methods that are founded on dog psychology as well as is always being heavily reviewed as our understanding of dogs changes in the training world, they really hold themselves to a high standard for the better of the dogs and families.), that effected pretty much just me aside from him getting to hang out in the training area. one stormy day our basement flooded and that happens to be where our bedroom is. not a moment too soon and my city gave the stay at home order was issued by my city and i was put on furlough luckily! So it was up in the attic we slept in the spare bedroom until the basement was fixed. Now Croí up until this point always went to work with me. So we turned this in an opportunity to get him settled into a more casual style of day to day on goings. By the time work called me back to return and our bed room was fixed (we did it ourselves) months later he was able to stay at home and not drive my partner's poor mother nuts with his spurts of work dog drive. That finally brings us to the present day. He is two years old, can stay at home alone with his sister, and comes to work to play on days where its not too hot.

I love his so much and would never change anything about him! Thank you Kim for letting this wonderful dog i named Croí come into my life and thank you for everything you do for these dogs. i have a HUGE amount of respect for what you do and why. I always get asked what kind of dog he is and i'm always very proud to say i have an American Indian Dog, and Song Dog Kennels is where you need to go to learn more.

the photo of him on the bed was taken today.boyo at two years old.jpgthe kids at Christmas.jpg

• Like 3

It is good to hear from you Nyk. It has been a crazy year for everyone, that is for sure. Happy birthday Croi. My how time flies.

• 3 weeks later...

......and I quote:

"Thank you Kim for letting this wonderful dog i named Croí come into my life and thank you for everything you do for these dogs. i have a HUGE amount of respect for what you do and why. I always get asked what kind of dog he is and i'm always very proud to say i have an American Indian Dog, and Song Dog Kennels is where you need to go to learn more."

Perfectly said Nyk. I do believe these are the sentiments we all feel about Kim. He's definitely one of a kind.