Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

We finally did it.

Bought BBT (Big Black Truck) last year in prep for procuring our Home away from Home.

Yours truly loading Kids into truck..

AGirlAndHerTardis.jpg

Hubby, Dogs, and I found The Rig.

Yay!

It is a tad bigger than I would have preferred, but has all the things we wanted.

Hubby is 6'5" so we needed the 5er for standing height. Hubby also is prone to Claustrophobia, so we needed the tipout. And the dogs like the extra floor to sprawl around on. :)

IMG_5028.jpgIMG_5021.jpgIMG_5029.jpgIMG_5024.jpg

Used- needs a bit of luvin' here and there, and a bit of retrofitting..

If we can get everything ready, and our 'maiden voyage' is successful, we plan on taking it to the Gathering.

It even has functionality with tipout In. aka- enough space to get through, or to stretch a dog.

IMG_5063.jpg

• Like 3

Love your new dog house. We purchased a different trailer last summer and is a Komfort as well. We sold our little 16' 1972 Kit Companion and stepped up to a 33'2006 Komfort with a slide out. I agree the added space makes it so much nicer especially on long journeys.Hawk enjoys having more space to stretch out as well. He thinks the living room is "his" room. Enjoy!

I have always called these rigs "Gypsy Wagons." I suppose it's because if I had one, I would fix it up to look like a gypsy wagon, all that bright color, and draping fabrics. It looks like you will be traveling in great style to the gathering. Hope I'm there to enjoy a sip of honey mead with you. Do you have a name for your wagon?

Awesome. We are the other way around. Got the pod first, refinished it and now the truck. Kind of figure we'd be pushing our luck on any sort of hill with our current vehicle, even though the wee airstream is lite. Been confined to Michigan and any flat state w/o mountains in between.

Now you need the Long Trailer movie with Lucy and Ricky before they were Lucy and Ricky....Can't wait to see the rehab. Bet it will be awesome.

Edited by Sherab

Thanks folks!

Named it the Tardis or alternately, the Dog-House.

Sherab- most of the rehab is mechanical/functional. Not cosmetic. :)

MizM- We are going pretty much stock for now.. Spending enough $ on the rig and necessary fixes.. ;)

And yeah- my truck is a little unimpressed with coming out of retirement and having to tow again.. lol

Like the Dog-House! Looks like your kids are loving it. We're still in the cab-over camper, but at least it has a bathroom/shower...and major solar setup, so we are pretty much self contained. It gets smaller every year though. Not much floor space for a dog to stretch either...we have been exploring other options but haven't settled on anything yet. Enjoy!

Star, like the name "Tardis."

The great journey time, summer, is right around the corner.

Ya all have fun in \ with your Gypsy Wagons. :D

We are going to attempt a Maiden Voyage to the coast later this month. A bit of hilly, bit of cornering, 2 night stay at Heceta Beach.

We will let you know how it went, and of course- share pictures. :)

• Like 1

See? Then you can get a bumper sticker on your main ride that says, 'my other vehicle is the Tardis' and not be fibbing!!

See? Then you can get a bumper sticker on your main ride that says, 'my other vehicle is the Tardis' and not be fibbing!!

Already have it! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Actually- just put the license plate frame "My other car is a Tardis" on the 5er.

Just about geared and packed for the trip this weekend. All we need is the hubby's stuff, dog favorite toys/chewies, and groceries

This is our Maiden Voyage and dry run for The Gathering..

A: will the BBT (Big black truck) make it over to the coast- pulling the dog house?

B: if so, what did we forget? And what doesn't work?

This is how we find out :)

I will of coursetake pics and let you all know what happens....

• Like 1

Ok- that was all sorts of Awesome!

We really love our new little home away from home!

We actually champagne christened it "The Dog House" before the trip.

Left Saturday morning and got back Monday afternoon.

It all went quite well. BBT (Big Black Truck) did fine- thankfully.

He is an older GMC big block and was made for towing, but he is also 15 yrs old so.... the hills were less than progress conducive.. lol

We will be one of those rigs you try to get around when going up hills. Oh well.

IMG_5123.jpg

The kids did great and seemed to really dig the RV.

They found favorite places and shared the snuggle bed. K'ne also learned to alert me to those tiny little ants (the BANE of transportable housing!) Good girl!

Ok, on to pictures/videos

The weather was fantastic!

IMG_5151.jpgIMG_5118.jpgIMG_5122.jpgIMG_5146.jpg

K'ne liked that the windows were pretty much Dog friendly- LOL

IMG_5124.jpgIMG_5089.jpg

Patiently waiting for Breakfast...

IMG_5140.jpg

They fit on the little couch..

IMG_5137.jpg

and are quite comfortable lounging on the floor..

IMG_5115.jpg

We are really looking forward to The Gathering and have a list of 'Things to do/change before the next trip' ;)

• Like 2

Coolness

Coolness

Iddn'it?

and yes, we are huge fans of the single weave saddle blankets as throw rugs/seat covers. :)

Love the sand bar!!!!! goes on and on waves far out - where is this?

The kids look very comfortable in there little home. Nice. Hope you like it too!

• 4 weeks later...

Love the sand bar!!!!! goes on and on waves far out - where is this?

The kids look very comfortable in there little home. Nice. Hope you like it too!

Yeah- we really like it :) and the dogs like it- they liked it from the first time we looked at it.

We stayed at Heceta Beach Rv in Florence OR.

That is not a sand bar.. That is a BEACH! Huge beaches up our way, and mostly dog friendly.

We are really looking forward to Gathering with 'all the comforts of home'

Another kind of dog house...Couldn't resist. Saw this in local supermarket parking lot. Very cool!

Trailer.jpg

• Like 1

LOL- It looks like a 'Canned Ham' Limo!

• Like 1