Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Got My Birthday Present!

Hee Hee

Got my birthday present yesterday- a bit early this year!

It is a tat of Jasper's left paw print, done in reddish brown, on my mid right thigh. Right about where he 'tags' me during fribbee practice. :lol::lol:

And it was done by the renowned Rusty Savage!! (yes that's his real name) the guy is great, and has a massive portfolio.

I've wanted ink by this guy for over 25 years!! :lol:

I'll post pics as soon as I can get at them. They are on our phones- :lol:

Ok- here's one

Paw_1a.jpg

it's a little skewed because I am sitting with my legs bent, but you get the idea.

it is also still a little red because it is only an hour old at this point.

:lol:

Alert- Not for the squeamish! LOLOL

Pics taken Getting the tattoo

Bearing in mind that he is working with a reddish-brown ink-

it's not all that much Real Blood.. :lol:

The Stencil- done from my own tracing of a Jasper paw print.

IMG_0202.jpg

Just starting to line-in

(yeah Rusty has some Ink himself.. !)

IMG_0203.jpg

Not my first tattoo- and yes it is weirdly "Painfully Relaxing". (for those of you who don't have tats- just ask someone who does, maybe they can explain such a seemingly conflicting description.. lol)

IMG_0205.jpg

Keepin' it clean

IMG_0206.jpg

Almost done--

IMG_0207.jpg

Anna-Star, that piece of ink you now sport is so "kewl."( to quote you). I love the idea of Jasper's paw. Great! I know what you mean by

yes it is weirdly "Painfully Relaxing"
My feeling is, it's all about wanting one so badly, finally getting it, and realizing it's not that painful, and I'd do it again.

I finally got my tat about 5 years ago. B) It's a new moon with 5 stars dripping off the moons lower tip down my thigh. One star for each grand child. :D (that would make me the new moon). It's very simple, and to this day I still love it. As it was being applied, I kept thinking this isn't so bad....not as bad as labor pains, and I made it through that one...... -_- The next feeling was one of exhilaration, I NOW HAVE INK! :lol:

Anna-Star, that piece of ink you now sport is so "kewl."( to quote you). I love the idea of Jasper's paw. Great! I know what you mean by My feeling is, it's all about wanting one so badly, finally getting it, and realizing it's not that painful, and I'd do it again.

Thanks- and yep. It isn't really Painful, merely Uncomfortable at worst, and after a few minutes, it is more just Kinda-Annoying.. lol

I finally got my tat about 5 years ago. B) It's a new moon with 5 stars dripping off the moons lower tip down my thigh. One star for each grand child. :D (that would make me the new moon). It's very simple, and to this day I still love it. As it was being applied, I kept thinking this isn't so bad....not as bad as labor pains, and I made it through that one...... -_- The next feeling was one of exhilaration, I NOW HAVE INK! :lol:

That's neat MizM. I'd like to see a pic of it :D

And the brown ink is so I always have a muddy paw print on my leg.. LOLOL ;)

Update-

It is in the dry-skin/pin-prick healing phase -_-:lol:

I have had so many pants with that muddy paw print! That is really funny, and so "you".

No tats, here. My Parrot wants me to try scarification--little triangle beak shapes.

I have had so many pants with that muddy paw print! That is really funny, and so "you".

No tats, here. My Parrot wants me to try scarification--little triangle beak shapes.

LOL

-_-

:lol:

• 3 years later...

Figured I'd add this to my tat thread..

Got my 'Other Tattoo' yesterday.. wanted it all healed in time for The Gathering. :)

KneNoseTat.jpg

It is an indigo blue (in honor of her being a blue-point AID) and Jen did some blend/shading to give it a touch of depth. Though it is difficult to see in this picture- as it is, at the time, about an hour old.. lol

I will be keeping it in Baby-Aveno-Suncreen for a while..

Starghoti,

I like Jasper's paw print.

What is this one of?

I think it's neat that people get tats with special meaning to them.

I wanted one when I was a teenage that I am so glad I waited until an adult and got one's with meaning. After all they are for life ..... B)

It is right where K'ne touches me with her nose when we are working. And yes, it is her actual nose print.

Just as the paw print is Jasper's paw print.

• Like 2

You are so weird :P I love what you did. What's next?

What is so weird about it?

You have stars representing each grand child, I have a personality piece for each dog.

:)

There is (at least) one other piece I want, but apparently the design will be difficult to render -so it can wait.

• 1 month later...

For those of you that did not make the Gathering- You missed seeing my AWESOME new tattoo

The original photo:TatOrig.jpg

Our friend drew a gorgeous tribal piece of Jasper from this photo...

I liked it so much...

TatInP.jpg

JTat.jpg

You can just see it in one of CTherese's pics of the Gathering. The one with me and J and K and the kids :)

• Like 4

Well, this one was not a birthday present, I was just continuing the topic of my dog related ink- :)

Well, this one was not a birthday present, I was just continuing the topic of my dog related ink- :)

You get inked on what has meaning and connection to you.

I think those are the BEST tattoos! :ph34r:

Totally awesome Star......You have great ink. :)

.....what miz molly said.....

I love the "tribal fire" burning in the dog.... evocative.....

I love the "tribal fire" burning in the dog.... evocative.....

Thank you Gib! I love it too, and the sense of 'speed' as Jasper is my Zoom/Fly-Dog. :)

Seiger really captured the essence of Jasper. :wub:

• Like 1