Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Welcome Carolyn And Dave..oregon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple of pics of our mini AIDog. Weighed in at vets at a whopping 18 pounds two days ago. She's 4 1/2 months old.    

This is somewhat embarrassing, but here goes. Today is the first time either Ayita or I have gone inside a dog park with other dogs...sad but true. We have been to the lovely park that surrounds it, a

Yep- Know the Look well.   They are such amazing creatures, aren't they?   I figure if I can learn 1/4 as much of their language as they learn of mine, I am doing good! LOL

Posted Images

Eight Pounds! And I thought Lili was tiny! It took her two full years but Lili has finally made it to 30 Lbs! Stay the course....She'll get there!

Oh good....I was worried that there was something wrong there because Ayita is a few months old now and should be bigger! Ha! I love when that happens!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow- a face with so much character..

These dogs have it in spades!

It's almost like she's frosted! Beautiful pup!

Oh, that is a good looking pup.

• 2 weeks later...

Look at those rich markings on those ears! Wow! and that bit of a smile crossing her muzzle with a look of confidence...... A beauty contest winner.... :D

• Like 1

Thank you for the kind words everyone. She is pretty special... :wub: ...She's going through a stage now where you can see her trying to do the right thing, but sometimes that little devil on the other shoulder rears its ugly head and gets the best of her. Then she's like, "Uh oh--busted!" Fun stuff for us as we haven't had a dog for many years--let alone one like this.

She is a stunning girl. Ear markings, yes!

Love the Devil on her shoulder image.

• 4 weeks later...

She is just adorable.

• Like 1

A cutie! I thought that was a powwow drum behind her before I enlarged the pic of her.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Today was our first meeting of Obedience Basic Training 1...Even though we did the puppy kindergarten classes, I wasn't ready for this one. A totally different energy. Owners with attitude. People my age (senior) and even older pointed and stared at Ayita and whispered among themselves like teenagers at a dance. Some of them went out of their way so their dog wouldn't get close to her. One person asked me what kind of dog. The younger people just enjoyed her. The good news is the trainer is awesome, knows AIDogs and doesn't take any poop from anyone. The things we do for love :wub:

• Like 1

I'm sure Ayita will win those senior people over! If they still shy away from her than they are really old farts .... (can I say that here?)

Wow, that is good the trainer is aware of the 'breed'.

PLEASE keep the pictures and stories coming! :)

How great you have your pup and thank you so much for sharing these stories and pics with us. Besides they are marvelous, it helps with waiting and getting prepared. Thank you both.

• Like 1

I know this is old stuff for you experienced AIDog owners, but I am so amazed. Just in the last several days, Ayita has developed the stare into my eyes that causes me to drop what I am doing and become mesmerized. I am absolutely certain she looks right into me and knows everything...I mean, she looked at me before, but not like this!!! Wow...wow...now I'm more in love with her than ever :wub:

• Like 1

Kids Lay.jpg

Yep- Know the Look well.

They are such amazing creatures, aren't they?

I figure if I can learn 1/4 as much of their language as they learn of mine, I am doing good! LOL

• Like 3

I figured out what she was trying to say with her eyes- "I will go under the dining room table and gnaw on a chair. You will not expect this as I have been a perfect angel in the house of late. I will be as quiet as a church mouse. When you find me there, I will expect to go straight to the crate of shame for about a week and a half. It will be worth it. hahahahaha (evil laugh)... :P

• 1 month later...

This is somewhat embarrassing, but here goes. Today is the first time either Ayita or I have gone inside a dog park with other dogs...sad but true. We have been to the lovely park that surrounds it, and even went inside once when it was empty. Great experience. Two lovely people and their well-behaved dogs made it easy. Ayita did great and even played a little. She kept snuggling up to the two humans. They asked what kind of dog she was, but were more interested in her personality and what a wonderful dog she is. Another gal stopped me on the way out and asked about my fox. After we had "the" conversation, she was taken by the way Ayita looked into her. A real nice day.

• Like 3

Well you know, foxes see the dogs at the dog park and feel left out. It's important to stand up for their rights....them being a hounded minority and all. They might not ever get their own Fox Parks but they should have the right to use the dog park. Same for Dingos.

Love the pix with the distance harness - she's such a munchkin! Not sure how I missed that update. Sorry about the chair. It probably just "fell" into her mouth. Cake still has little accidents where she's chewing on something acceptable and something "falls" into her mouth that happens to be near by.