Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Started Construction On My Studio

Some of you may know that I'm an artist and have been waiting to start converting the barn on our property into a studio. This is a lifelong dream of mine, to have my studio in the woods. We just had a little burst of activity; we did the first phase of the project. It is very exciting, and now I have to wait again. It took three years to get the money to do this much, and now I'll be saving for the next part. But it won't take nearly as long.

Photos here.

What a terrific spot! I did not know about your artistic inclinations. Look forward to seeing some of your work. The new studio looks like it will add much to the local inspiration.

Congratulations on your dream come true, and cheers to your very good fortune.

We wish you every success.

Some of you may know that I'm an artist and have been waiting to start converting the barn on our property into a studio. This is a lifelong dream of mine, to have my studio in the woods. We just had a little burst of activity; we did the first phase of the project. It is very exciting, and now I have to wait again. It took three years to get the money to do this much, and now I'll be saving for the next part. But it won't take nearly as long.

Photos here.

wow, that's quite a space. What kind of art do you do? We had one of our bedrooms converted to a ceramics studio (which we both used). Linnea (the real artist in the family) has since switched to painting, so it's a painting studio now. But a space like what you have would be great.

Photos here.

OMG I am so excited for you. I have always wanted a large space for my art work. I also am an artist, and have my stuff for soft sculpture, oils, water color, and junk art stuff, stuffed everywhere. I just recently dedicated my covered deck which I call "The Glass Room," as my studio. It would be nice to have everything in one place cuz often times the supplies over lap into the next project. Thank goodness it doesn't snow here, but it does get down to the 30's on rare occasion. The room doesn't have heat, but it does have music, great light, keeps me dry when it rains, and has a pretty cool view out the windows. My grandmother built the house in the 20's, so needless to say, its definitely antiquated, but full of love. I would love to see your work. Do you have it posted on line anywhere....?

Keep us posted on the studio and your work.

Hey Allison, how are the links coming along? Lets flush ALL the AID artists out and link them to Song Dog Kennels.

Yes?

Oh! Hey! Thanks for reminding me. Also, Kim has always wanted to add a page to his website of Owner/Artists.

So if any of you are interested, think about what photos you might like, etc.

I do admit that my computer work has slowed down since the pup arrived. We will be back up to speed, soon.

Oh! Hey! Thanks for reminding me. Also, Kim has always wanted to add a page to his website of Owner/Artists.

I do admit that my computer work has slowed down since the pup arrived. We will be back up to speed, soon.

Kim mentioned that to us as well. Linnea has done a lot of dog art including several dog portraits. I am hoping she can be persuaded to do some AIDog specific art, and post it. It would be great to have a designated place for it. Right now, her stuff is mostly abstract, but you never know which way the inspirational winds are going to blow.

I don't have any of my work posted anywhere - I've taken a long hiatus to be a parent and I took a weird detour in the education reform world for a few years. Plus I did arts admin and organizational development.

All of my studios were urban up 'till now - my largest was 1,200 s.f. in an old brewery in Pittsburgh, so this is actually a little bit of a downsize (the main floor will be about 600 s.f. including utility and storage, and there is a hay loft). But it's about the same size as my favorite studio. I can't wait until I can start working in it!

I'm ready when you are. :D

Kim mentioned that to us as well. Linnea has done a lot of dog art including several dog portraits. I am hoping she can be persuaded to do some AIDog specific art, and post it. It would be great to have a designated place for it. Right now, her stuff is mostly abstract, but you never know which way the inspirational winds are going to blow.

Here's a photo of one of Linnea's drawing of Chimay (my beloved companion of 15 years). Sorry for the poor quality of the image. I took a snap shot of the framed drawing on the wall.

Chimay_1.jpg

I do understand the problems of photo quality. No worries.

I am so impressed with the choice of subject. I know this moment! What a capture!

I cannot help but wonder at all the times, while working on this piece, that Linnea was drawn away from this moment, but pulled herself back to record it.

Brilliant! I love it!

nice work cant wait to see if she does one of Lola

Here's a photo of one of Linnea's drawing of Chimay (my beloved companion of 15 years). Sorry for the poor quality of the image. I took a snap shot of the framed drawing on the wall.

Hey you all are giving me the fever to draw and paint more!!! I used to draw all the time as a teenager and just recently started to again...not much but with the new pup it's hard to get the time...as she gets older I'm sure I will try to do more...thanks for that fever again!!!! I miss it more than I realized!

Hey you all are giving me the fever to draw and paint more!!! I used to draw all the time as a teenager and just recently started to again...not much but with the new pup it's hard to get the time...as she gets older I'm sure I will try to do more...thanks for that fever again!!!! I miss it more than I realized!

Hey Maria,

Get your tools out and start creating again. It's a bit frustrating at first because the pup will want your attention, but once they get used to the fact that this is "painting time" they let you go for it. Tolinka always seems to want to play just at the time I should stand back and take another look at what I have been doing. His timing is perfect. Try it. Happy creating.

Jerry, Linnea's drawing of Chimay is beautiful. She really captured his "moment." Looking forward to the day when we can link our art to AID. I bet we find that there is a bunch of AID artists out there. :D

Photos here.

What an awesome setting for creativity. I'm jealous.