Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Wakinyan (Wah Kee Yah)

This is a great way to have your first cup of coffee in the morning. Thanks for the lookie loo into the life of Cake. Loved it! :D

• Like 1
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those of you about to go through the puppy roller coaster, a story of triumph.... Waki and the Big Stag.   Once there was a ancient stag. He was very wise, having survived many winters in hunter

Hi I hope u having good summer. I like swim in pond, eat frog, sleep in sun on deck. Best of all I catch giant floating disk. Here I show U. I keep them in the tube also because my girl like to eat th

Ahhhhhhh yes, the county line dash. Two Step and Tolinka did that one day.....We were playing ball down in my little meadow when they both took off like a flash after a buck that happened upon us. U

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Hi it's me. hedog.jpg

Sorry I haven't written in a while but this girl moved in and she has this HAIR and these LEGS and she BITES. Its wonderful.HeyImustbetaller.jpg So I'm sure I am much taller now. I can see right into the window so I must be. Me and my girl like to hang out in our cave. Today it was 8F but we didn't mind. We kept each other warm. Did I mention she bites? snowcave.jpg Plus we can hide in here and then the squirrels come to the bird feeder and we jump out and they run up the tree. It's great. And she bites.totorocold.jpgwetcold.jpg Winter might never end but that's ok because she bites.

• Like 4

No Joyous, you are not alone. I love this woman's stories.

Hey Sherab, have you ever thought about writing professionally? You'd be really great. Your humor comes right out and transforms into belly laughs. :lol: Something I always look forward to during my first cup of coffee in the morning....what a great way to start the day....Sherab's stories and a belly laugh.

• Like 1

To quote the Cowardly Lion, "Awe shucks". Ms. M probably when I retire I'll give it a try. I feel like there might be a story in there or two.

It helps that my dogs are dog crack. Really I feel like all the animals we've had here at the farm are like 100 acre woods extras. They all have these wonderful personalities.

Edited by Sherab

Hi, this is Denise, I'm on the "waiting list". I've been reading posts and learning more about the AI Dogs while waiting.

I love the posts here! Especially these narratives! I would definitely read the book!

Also, Wakinyan is a beautiful dog, inside and out (from all his comments - well maybe he's a little self conscious about his butt - LOL!)

• Like 1

Hi Denise! Welcome to the madhouse. There's coffee & donuts in the back, grab a seat and make yourself at home!

(I'm on the list too...for our second AID!)

• Like 2

Hi Denise, know that China and Bruce are pros at coming up with those one liners that send you reeling into gales of laughter. They are really good at that. Keep on the look out. So glad you are here on the forum and a BIG welcome to you......

• Like 2

Thanks All, I've been reading posts for a while and I am finally starting to post. At first I'm sure it'll be a little comment here, another there.

I really like reading about the pups and dogs - personalities & activities. I'm learning.

I can see that happening - 2 AIDs ... like Cake & Waki, Wicca & Draco, I'm sure there are a lot of others - sorry, can't think right now. It seems like they are VERY addictive :). My sister has a Dachshund / terrier mix and he's almost 6 yrs old. We can't have a lot of animals (unless I win the lottery) so it might be some years before I get a second, third, fourth, .... oh geez I think I have the fever!

Keep on writing everybody and thanks!

Not to worry Denise, we're all a bunch of screwballs....most of us would love to have another pup. Heck I have been threatening # 3 on the Q.T. for some time now. But it is still a maybe at this point. I will say that having two is a wonderful thing. A buddy to chase and run with. Tolinka and Two Step have a ball and with two, they are not so demanding of my time. Speaking of which Tolinka has climbed into my lap to tell me its time to go play... :lol:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

The true story of the terrible glue incident of 2013.

Hi it's me. I've got a love is kinda crazy with a spooky little girl, black magic woman. She's keeping me on my toes.

whereishe.jpg

I've become really responsible. I can't go plunging off the cliff to the river because I have my girl to protect. OK I do show her how to chase the squirrels right next to the fence but then I make sure she goes right to the gate and into the fenced area. I protect her from the UPS truck and I make sure she knows how to go on walks properly. If the deer people are on the land I put my body in front of her and snap at her to keep back. I show her how to go straight from the fenced area to the house and also how to go from the barn or house straight to the car. I also show her how to hunt. We almost got a snack on the trail yesterday but Mom stopped us.

ontoes.jpg

It's important to dance with my girl and give her my attention. It's also important to enforce bed time. I growl at my girl because she doesn't know how to just go to sleep. She gets over excited trying to stay awake. I take care of her.

blackmajicwoman.jpg

I'm a little man now. I have responsibility. But back a long long time ago, I was carefree and liked to raise hell. I liked to run off into the woods and then my momma Tara would come find me (and correct me). I rarely went straight to the car or to the fenced area or to the house. There was the time I sprained my toe after taking off and spending 2 hours trying to dig out a chipmunk. I tried to eat dead birds, rocks and I liked to explore new and forbidden things with my mouth. I was very fast and tricky.

One time my dad thought I was playing in the yard while he was doing interesting man things in the barn. And I was, then Ha ha, I fooled him. I sneaked in and stole the tube he was playing with. It was MINE and it smelled very different. I took it out into the snow and chewed on it. After I tasted it I felt funny so I went inside and made faces at dad. Dad very quickly figured out what I had done and looked up what to do on the intranet. He learned that gorilla glue plus stomach fluids make a hard foam kind of like great stuff and that dogs and kids have accidents with it often. Off to the emergency room and they unzipped my tummy to take the blob out. Mom and Dad decided I was too tricky and that there would be a hard barrier between me and anything bad I could get into, like Mom's sewing kit. All the cleaning fluids went out of cabinets I could potentially open with my nose and behind a solid door with a baby gate and I am not allowed to help Dad with any work like the GSDs do. I have to be inside the house or behind the fence or supervised by Mom. After I healed I continued to be a hell raiser until we got my girl. It might be that I could do work like the GSD's do now w/o running off into the woods or stealing and eating inappropriate things (like ear plugs) but I have to prove myself under Mom's watchful eye and with my GPS collar.

Key points about ingestion of gorilla glue - get the pet to the Vet ASAP.

http://thebark.com/content/dangers-gorilla-glue

http://www.mypetsdoctor.com/gorilla-glue-danger-to-dogs

Warning Graphic:

http://doggysense.blogspot.com/2009/02/gorilla-glue-surgically-removed-from.html

Holy WOW Batman!

I hope Wakinyan understands how much stress & worry he put his parents through! (not to mention vet bill).

Pilamayaye Wakinyan for the lesson and what you went through to teach us of unexpected dangers!

I'm glad you shared and are A-OK now!

Ooops, sorry Sherab,

Wakiyan is the new girl (dark) and Two step is the older brother - yes?

Oh I'm so confused .... :wacko: and I haven't even been in the glue!

Well, Thanks to whoever went through this so I could learn through the story.

So many owners, so many dogs, so many names .... my head is spinning :blink: - LOL!

Once puppy arrives (some day) I'm sure I will have even less brains cells cooperating at times :rolleyes: but I'll finally have some puppy stories!

• Like 1

Wow....Waki actually ate Gorilla glue. I commend you for keeping him alive. He was asking for it.

Thanks ladies. He was a handful. I had my hands in his mouth every day for his first 6 months. Should have counted how many dead birds and mice he found. I do remember the mummified chipmunk. I was also always watching his poop and what he spit up because he'd eat the legs off a dog toy (and that toy would go on the do not re-purchase list) or he'd eat some cloth and I'd have to see that it came out of one end or the other. He also had that stone fetish... and the whole running off and not coming when called bit (that led to the GPS tracking collar) but at about 18 months all that stopped and he started to become Mr. Responsible with the addition of his girl.

After a hard day being me, doing serious dog stuff, playing with my girl, I likes to snuggle with the pack.

Edited by Sherab
  • Like 2

wow...that was a close call. Video is awesome, as always....

• Like 1

Great sound with video! Keep it coming! I think I found a way to get my cats used to AI Dogs!!!! ;)

It's just so great being meeeeeee!

Mommeee still doesn't have a really good summersault - I was tired at the end of a very long walk - but she'll get one sometime.

Edited by Sherab
  • Like 2

Awesome video...I love it.

• 1 month later...

I was walking on the Rail Trail - a lovely paved former railroad line converted for walking, cycling, skating and anything non-motorized. Cake and Waki were trotting happily along when they both alerted. The alert was the dancey thing they do that usually means oh, someone dropped ice cream nearby. It was not the stalk - freeze and point thing they do when hunting so I was totally unprepared for Waki to take off into the woods. He ran through the MOST bodacious, soft, sap filled, freshly leafed out poison ivy patch and came to a dead stop still in it at the end of his 15 ft flexi lead. It would have been funny to see him just feet from the nested turkey hen. She was at least as big as him. She made a few annoyed clucks and gave him the evil eye. However my boy was clearly and unequivically covered with urushoil oil. I could see the crushed leaves. I am seriously allergic to poison ivy and have vivid memories of the time my arms and legs were swollen like Popeye the Sailor. My heart sunk because I couldn't imagine how to get him home w/o poison ivy all over Cake, my car and me. Fortunately for me I was walking by the river and I remembered a way to a spot where he could wade in so we went there and I let him swim for a little while. After that I took him home and washed him (and also Cake who can't keep herself off her favorite toy). Today I've just had two spots I've washed with Technu scrub and they are fading. I am hopeful. Plus if I can manage not to get a nasty case from this then nothing Michigan can dish out is un-managable.

sosoft.jpg