Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Goodbye Cayenne

I wasn't sure if anyone has told Kim, but Cayenne passed away just before Thanksgiving. She was 13. Caya was super intelligent and active, totally spiritually tuned to her human pack members. She is greatly missed.

post-14883-1292845852_thumb.jpg

post-14883-1292845881_thumb.jpg

I am So sorry.

It is never easy to lose a friend, regardless of species.

No words can salve the wound on the heart and soul.

No span of time can wash away all the tears.

No other can truly take their place in our lives.

Condolences from the Sheldrake pack.

I am So sorry.

It is never easy to lose a friend, regardless of species.

No words can salve the wound on the heart and soul.

No span of time can wash away all the tears.

No other can truly take their place in our lives.

Condolences from the Sheldrake pack.

Eloquent, Star.

So sorry to hear about Caya. Eyes mist. Heart stretches to near breaking.

"Free, Caya! Run like a Song on the Wind! I hear you. I sing you."

So sorry to hear. Eyes mist. Heart stretches to near breaking.

Blessings to you and yours.

I'll be hearing the howl from that second picture. for a long time.

Goodbye Cayenne.

awwwwwwwoooooooooooo........

Six, I am so sorry to hear of Cayenne. I too will be hearing his song as he runs free on the wind. (misty eyes and lump in throat). Take care.

SiX, you should write Kim, and tell him, yourself. I know he would like to hear.

Here is his email address:

Kim La Flamme

We are so sorry for your loss.....tears form.... a smile for all the precious memories you have.....she was a beauty!!! She will remain in your heart forever....hold fast to that!

Hugs to you!!!

Thank you everyone. I'll email Kim. She was the last litter in 98 from Rogue and his white female whose name is escaping me at the moment. She did love to sing. Easy to get her going, too.

I'm very sorry for your loss

It's a very hard thing to get over losing a family member

Thank you everyone. I'll email Kim. She was the last litter in 98 from Rogue and his white female whose name is escaping me at the moment. She did love to sing. Easy to get her going, too.

We have a female ToIsta Shadow Dancer born May 2, 1998 from Rogue and Sky Dancer. Was this a sister to your female?

We're sorry for your loss. We see how Shadow is slowing down but try to keep her very busy with the other three - she's our matriarch!

JudyK in Michigan

We have a female ToIsta Shadow Dancer born May 2, 1998 from Rogue and Sky Dancer. Was this a sister to your female?

We're sorry for your loss. We see how Shadow is slowing down but try to keep her very busy with the other three - she's our matriarch!

JudyK in Michigan

Sky Dancer! That's the one. Yes, they were sisters but Cayenne was born in November. So cool that there are still some of that line out there. Like all AIDs, she was unique and special beyond compare. I'd love to see a picture of ToIsta.

Sky Dancer! That's the one. Yes, they were sisters but Cayenne was born in November. So cool that there are still some of that line out there. Like all AIDs, she was unique and special beyond compare. I'd love to see a picture of ToIsta.

Our first male was also born from Rogue and Sky Dancer -- but he was born in November of 1996!! He and ToIsta (we call her Shadow cuz she's black and followed Willie everywhere he went when Larry went to pick her up) also have the same parents just different litters.

my heart break for you my pack snake and malachi send our blessings

I wasn't sure if anyone has told Kim, but Cayenne passed away just before Thanksgiving. She was 13. Caya was super intelligent and active, totally spiritually tuned to her human pack members. She is greatly missed.

Was she Moon Dancer Shunka's Grand-mother? I'm so sorry to hear about Cayenne, I know I would hate to lose my boy, but while he is good in your memories - he will always be alive.

Take care, the sorrow will ease and just brecome a precious memory.

• 2 weeks later...
the sorrow will ease and become a precious memory.

Good words. Real words. Please say them to me, when the time comes.

• 1 month later...

Cayenne - or Kia as I called her - was truly one of a kind and a wonderful spirit. She was a true 'medicine' dog, healing those around her who were sad or hurting. She was a joy to be around, would do silly things to get you to smile. As any of you know who has their own aidog, they can also be purely frustrating too and bless my daughter for taking on much of her training as a pup. Cayenne was a beautiful dog too - she looked a great deal like her mom Dusty or her aunt Cy. Love that red/gold coloring! She is and was unique and special. There will never be another one like her. My thanks to my daughter 'Six' who posted to you all about Cayenne/Kia. And thank you that responded with such beautiful and heartfelt responses.

---

Cyndi

"When asked by an anthropologist what the Indians called America before the white man came, an Indian said simply, 'Ours'" Vine Deloria

Cayenne's mom was Sky - a beautiful white aidog with blue eyes.

Hi Judy! You're still around - yay!! And your aswer is yes but a qualified yes - same mom and dad but a later litter - I believe our Cayenne was born in November? I don't have my paperwork right where I can put my fingers on it (in storage) but I know my daughter will correct me if I'm wrong <g> So full sister to Shadow Dancer! It's been very difficult to even talk about Cayenne's loss - well, you know about that so I'll shut up. Miss that dog very much!

----

Cyndi

"When asked by an anthropologist what the Indians called America before the white man came, an Indian said simply, 'Ours'" Vine Deloria

JudyK in Michigan

"To our heart dogs who wait for us at the rainbow bridge: know that you are remembered, missed, and loved every day" -Yvette LaBatte, who runs Turtle Gardens k9 rescue, www.turtlegardens.org

That was beautiful Yvette, so many of the responses to Cayenne's passing. It's been very comforting to read everyone's sympathy - thank you!

----

Cyndi

Because if you believe in something and believe in it long enough, it will come into being. Rolling Thunder, Cherokee

"To our heart dogs who wait for us at the rainbow bridge: know that you are remembered, missed, and loved every day" -Yvette LaBatte, who runs Turtle Gardens k9 rescue, www.turtlegardens.org