• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1706 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:04 AM

Was leaving to go to an out of state DR visit.
This was hard to leave .... Tayamni knows how to work it

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190130_095152.jpg

#2 Lisa M.

Lisa M.

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:54 AM

Oh my gosh ! Look at that beautiful face ! Awwwww <3

#3 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:28 PM

Mmmmhmmmm....that look followed by the hurt dejected look when I tell Kaposia, "Sorry, they don't allow dogs. You have to stay and watch the house." She know exactly what that phrase means. ☹️
"A life ain't much of a life without a dog in it, s'what I always said."
Dan Gemeinhart, The Honest Truth

#4 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:41 AM

....awwwww!!!!Yep, Wyot gives me that look when I'm leaving, trying to close the door...and he knows what "watch the house" means too....and "I'll be back soon" (yeah, sure mom!)...Kitchee just sits like the king he thinks he is, staring at me...though now he is starting to get the hang dog look (hanging the head down, and looking so dejected, with those piercing blue eyes) and perfecting it, LOL!! Yep, double the guilt. Hahahahaha!

#5 miz molly

miz molly

Advanced Member

• 3430 posts
  • Interests:My 4 legged friends, photography, music, painting, hiking, fishing, the beach, and a good cup of coffee in the early morning.

Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:52 AM

Oh yes, that worried look of........"are you coming back?" I get that one too. ha ha ha
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. ~John Muir

#6 Lisa M.

Lisa M.

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:52 AM

Oh my gosh ! Look at that beautiful face ! Awwwww <3

#7 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1706 posts
  • Interests:Lakota Ceremonies, praying, helping others, reading, camping, farming, horses, dogs, cats. History, science, Universe & other learning shows and of course my entertaining mindless TV shows: sci-fi, supernatural, anime, action, comedy ... Oh, and I have an ironic sense of humor

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:59 AM

Can't believe I captured that look.

I wanted a pic of her to look at on my travel.

(maybe I should leave a pic of me with her?  --  would it have to be 3d????)

The first pic I got she's looking toward my car.  THEN  she gave this look.

I've never seen her pupils look quite like that.

AND  I was on the phone on speaker the night before coming home\; the howling she did!  on and on ....  excited, then mournful and soul-full.

If anyone gets pics of their dogs giving this type of "look" please post them!

I would love to see  :rolleyes:

PS    Coffey gives a really strong "F U" look.

(especially when he has to get K-laser treatment)

That's for a different post if I ever capture that!

#8 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7847 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:44 AM

That is the sweetest, saddest look I have ever seen. 

How could you...?

My dogs do the more expectant look, "Now?  Are we going now?"

But they voice their sadness.  Kooskie especially will do the most mournful howl I have ever heard.  It is heart-wrenching.  Fortunately, she only does it from inside the house, so my neighbors do not know how bereft I have made her. 

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#9 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1706 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:34 AM

This is Tayamni's normal "asking" look (below).  Her pupils are bigger.

I have never received that much of a pitiful look before.  She HAD to know I was going for a few days ...

AND REALLY WANTED TO GO WITH  :wub:

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190206_191417.jpg

#10 LakeGirl

LakeGirl

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 06:07 AM

And there you have it...the "look." Also standing in front of or between my legs as if to prevent us leaving.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

"A life ain't much of a life without a dog in it, s'what I always said."
Dan Gemeinhart, The Honest Truth

#11 Nicole

Nicole

• IIDOBA Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:05 AM

OMG that's the exact look my Hachi does 

#12 Denise E.

Denise E.

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1706 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:10 PM

I call my dog a "skirt" dog because she has just her head peaking out when I wear a long skirt.

#13 KittynDoc

KittynDoc

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:Love for everything in the natural world! Living in the mountains, traveling, hiking, gardening, making my own herbal products, for people and animals alike.

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:05 PM

And there you have it...the "look." Also standing in front of or between my legs as if to prevent us leaving.

OMG...I have this in DOUBLE!!!!!LOL!!! Like..."why?" "what do you mean?" "where you go without us?" Those eyes.....

#14 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7847 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:59 AM

Between the legs!  Yes, Kooskie does this, as a love thing.  I try to convey that this is not as stable a stance as it might appear to her, but it is very sweet.  I mean, truly, very sweet.  

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#15 nickrichard

nickrichard

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Jay Silverheels, Boone, Houston and my great wife Denise. Not necessarily in that order, LOL

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:08 PM

Goodnight Jay, our sweet buddy. May your spirit live on through your children like Boone, Houston and Tayamni. 

Jay Silverheels, Boone ad Houston's daddy and pack leader!

#16 JackG

JackG

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:horseback riding, dogs

Posted 15 September 2019 - 12:49 PM

Goodnight Jay, our sweet buddy. May your spirit live on through your children like Boone, Houston and Tayamni. 

My Arlo is sired by Jay as well, so sad to hear of his passing.

#17 Kadar

Kadar

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:God, family, friends, dogs, horses, cats, aviation, camping(not in campgrounds), hunting, hiking, mushroom hunting, playing in the snow, reading.

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:57 AM

It is so interesting to see that Sophie's behaviors are so similar to others. She always recognizes the first signs that we are getting ready to leave the house and stays very close during the whole process, then comes to stand between my legs when we are about ready to go. She wants to make sure that she is not left behind and is so excited when we tell her that she can go too. Then she runs out and stands by the car door. If we tell her she has to stay and guard the house her expression is just like Tayamni's. Breaks my heart every time. We always tell her not to worry, we will be back. Sometimes if she is not sure of what is happening, she leans against my legs or lies down at my feet, always touching. When we settle down to watch a movie in the evening, she likes to lie across David's legs and sleep. I can rarely sit still so she gets weary of sitting next to me!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tayamni, Azteca, Jay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users