Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

An Invitation To Aidogs To Join A Colorado Powwow

An Invitation to AIDogs and Owners:

"Good morning, I am helping One Nation Walking Together with their annual powwow next August 11 in Colorado Springs, CO. This is a strictly not for profit that aims for Native American inter-tribal activities and educating the non Natives about tribal culture. I wish to contact any persons in our area that have true American Indian dogs and would like to exhibit them at our 2018 Powwow. In 2009 there was an exhibit. I have a clipping from the Estes Park Trail-Gazette about it a gathering there. This year's powwow is at the Norris Penrose Event Center with indoor and outdoor arenas and equestrian areas, and with Bear Creek Regional Park adjacent. I think it would make an excellent location for educating the public about your historical dogs, and restoring historical memories among the tribal elders in attendance. Please forward this email to peple who might be interested.

One Nation Walking Together website is www.onenationwt.org

I will follow up with a phone call to your number at Song Dog Kennels in a few days.

Thank you,

Sally Green "

Reply from Kim La Flamme:

"Hi Sally –

Thank you very much for the invite and hopefully we can contact some AIDog owners to join you & help educate about our dogs. We will post your invite on our owners forum & FB page. Look forward to your call … just a reminder to be careful of the wolf dogs & hybrids that have nothing to do with our old dogs – thanks -

Kim La Flamme ~ Founder/Trustee of the AIDog breed for over 50 years - www.indiandogs.com

AIDog Owner's Forum - http://www.iidoba.org/forums/index.php?app=uportal "

• Like 3

Owners in Colorado! If you need contact numbers or email, please contact myself or Kim directly.

This is an excellent opportunity for our dogs.

This is so cool! I would love to go to an event like this and learn more. I've always wanted to visit a reservation; my great great grandmother was full-blood, but I'm very white and don't feel like I'd be welcomed. This would be a wonderful event to go to if I lived closer -sigh-

• Like 3