Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

http://www.iidoba.org/forums/uploads/monthly_12_2018/post-3-0-52411100-1544394382.jpg

Kooskooskie

Nez Perce word meaning Clear Water

Nick names: Kooskie, Koos koos, little Shebee, She who must be obeyed, The Monstressa,

and Kooskerdoo!

Washington State

• Like 4

One wonderful side effect of her name:

I was born and raised in this area, that I have now moved back to and make my home. My father, 95, still lives a few miles away.

When I was a kid, we would go up Kooskooskie, to inner tube down the Mill Creek, picnic, and visit friend's cabins. It was a beautiful and wild place. It was always, "Let's go up Kooskooskie!"

Now other people have moved in, it has become real estate, and now they call it Mill Creek. Even the kids call it Mill Creek.

Thing is, when old timers around here, hear her name, they say, "Oh,.. Kooskooskie.." with a lot of affection in their voices. So she responds immediately with much affection right back to them. She melts their hearts.

And when you look up into the hills, towards Kooskooskie, it is all her colors--golden reds of harvested wheat, and eyes of clear, clear flowing water.

• Like 6

LOVE her names!! Yes, even Monstressa, LOL!!! Thank you for sharing her name's history. It's lovely!

• Like 1

I forgot to add the happiest one...Kooskerdoo!

• Like 2

Got to love the names!!!!!....Wyot is Wyo-too, or Too-too for short sometimes...and Kitchee is K-eeches, Keecher-poo (poo-poo, sometimes, LOL!!!), peaches keeches....a friend of ours LOVES Kitchee, and calls him Kim-chee, or Sushi...SO funny all the names we call our fur babies!!!

• Like 2