Starting A New Topic

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7786 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:48 AM

The forum is actually a collection of forums.  "Dog Talk", "New Pups", and this one, "Issues, Bugs, and Feature Requests", are all forums. To start a New Topic, you will have to first choose in which forum you want it to be. 

You must go to the Index, which is like the table of contents, in a book.  There are several ways to get there (I always enjoy chasing the squirrel):

Attached File  frontpagetoindex.jpg   117.3K   4 downloads

In the index you will see a list of the forums:

Attached File  index.jpg   92.53K   4 downloads

Choose the forum in which you wish to start your topic.  I chose "Issues, Bugs, and Feature Requests" for this topic, and here is the topic list.  The arrow points to the "Start New Topic" button:

Attached File  startnewtopic3.jpg   66K   2 downloads

Up will pop the familiar post window, although with the added space to give your topic a title.  If you forget, the forum will prompt you for one.

Here is the beginning of this one.  I have highlighted the pathway from the index, just for your information:

Attached File  startnewtopic2.jpg   55.24K   2 downloads

Please note that there are forums set aside for things other than AIDogs- goofiness (the squirrel room), dogs in general, jokes, buy sell trade--the list goes on. Please try to choose a forum appropriate to your topic.  The Moderators can move it for you if you make a mistake, or prefer a change.

Have fun!

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

#2 Nanette

Nanette

Advanced Member

• IIDOBA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:33 AM

This is fabulous! You are amazing and quick! Thank you, thank you!

#3 Allison

Allison

Troublemaker

• Administrators
  • 7786 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Yoga, weightlifting, Frisbee and fun with my pup Coyote Crow Dog, cooking, art, languages, math, science.....the list goes on.

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:34 AM

You are very welcome. 

Glad to see you posting.

One could argue that evolution suggests were not idiots, but I would say, Well, no. Evolution just makes sure were not blithering idiots."

--David Dunning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users